Jurlique Rose/Lavender Hand Cream

4.3

Aqua (Water); Cetearyl Alcohol; Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil; Glycerin; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; Honey; Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract; Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Rosa gallica Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Viola odorata (Violet) Extract; Echinacea purpurea Root Extract; Viola tricolor (Heartease) Extract; Lecithin; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Root Extract; Alcohol; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Lactic Acid; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Tocopherol (Vitamin E); Linalool; Limonene; Coumarin; Geraniol.

on 3/31/2012 6:32:00 AM

I picked this up as part of a set but even I agree it's quite pricey. I have used a heap of other hand creams though as my hands and especially cuticles have a habit of splitting even in summer. (very painful).

Pros: The scent is just beautiful. A very subtle rose scent just a hint not to powerful. The texture of the product is also really nice, creamy and smooth.

Cons: The price, the price, the price.

Note: I am a bit of a fan of Jurlique and I always see bad reviews, so a point I'd like to make is this. With Jurlique products less is more.

With the hand cream in particular a tiny little dob about the size of a small button will do the trick. Too much and you're hands will be greasier than a bag of hot chips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE the rose hand cream. I love the scent, I love the texture, I love almost everything about it. It is a really rich cream and a little bit goes a long way. I find that if you use too much your hands will feel greasy & it won't sink in. I use a dab about the size of my pinky nail for both hands which I find ideal. It absorbs quickly & leaves my hands lovey & soft.

I hate the aluminium tube. It is hard to squeeze the product out when it gets low and the aluminium tears/cracks in places where the tube bends frequently. I usually end up with it rolled up like an unsightly toothpaste tube to stop leaks and squeeze out the product. The packaging looks great when it's new but after a couple of months kicking around in your handbag it looks pretty rubbish. Would a plastic tube be so hard?

It's kind of expensive but not too bad in my opinion given how little you use each time. I tried a bunch of hand creams before settling on this one and most ranged between $20-$35. This cream is probably at the upper end of the scale but the price is fine by me for what I get.

on 12/31/2011 4:26:00 AM

This review is for the rose hand cream. It is extremely expensive for a hand cream though I love it and it does a wonderful job.
I have found this to be godsend for my dry undereye area. This has out-performed any eye cream I have tried and plumped up the wrinkles under my eyes overnight. It is my HG eye cream now.
Update 11 Feb 2012: this cream has made my eye lashes grow longer too. What an unexpected bonus.

on 4/18/2011 10:32:00 AM

This is my all time favorite hand cream. I always go back to Jurlique after trying out brands such as Crabtree & Evenlyn, Avene, Neutrogena.

It's the only hand cream to keep my hands nice and soft in the winter time without constantly re-apply. The hand cream is easily absorb without the greasiness while with long lasting affect. I applied this before I go to bed and the next morning my hands are still nice and supply without the dryness. With other brands, my hands would feel dry over the winter night. I think it's to do with the Lavender/Rose essential oil. It's highly moisturising.

The scent is not over powering and just at the right level. So far, I haven't found another good quality hand cream like Jurlique. Love it!

on 1/23/2011 4:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Extremely overrated and overpriced. This hand cream is super greasy without being moisturizing. It does not absorb into the skin and I feel it washing off completely every time I wash my hands. Its greasiness leaves a film over my hands and it feels uncomfortable. The only plus is that the scent is very subtle and pleasant. Thankfully, I received this as a gift because I would never pay that much for such a mediocre hand cream.

on 1/19/2011 12:17:00 PM

Jurlique Lavender Hand Cream -

If only this were less expensive!
It's so emollient and yet so fragrant at the same time. The metal tube makes it hard to get all the cream completely out towards the end.

But when I think of how often I apply hand cream to my really dry hands during the day, I can't justify making this my everyday, go-to hand cream. (It's costly even in Australia!)

Thankfully, there are more inexpensive options that really seem to work on dry hands. Jurlique's option is by way of being an occasional treat.

(Yes yes, I know the whole organic argument out there but 'organic-schmorganic', Jurlique) - and while my heart says "yes" my Alan Greenspan side usually vetoes paying the inflated price, no matter how much I may like the product.

on 1/6/2011 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best handcreme ever ! I would buy it again if it were not so expensive. I only tried the rose handcreme and like it a lot esp. good if you like rose scents.

on 12/13/2010 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

the lavender smells very nice, not too medicinal like some lavender creams out there. the cream sinks in quickly and is not greasy at all. while it is good that i don't leave marks on my computers or books, i have to reapply often. my hands are very dry and i need moisturizer that stays longer. i ended up rubbing balm on my hands after applying this cream and it seemed to help seal in the moisture!

on 10/30/2010 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have hands that dry out and wrinkle easily. This hand cream is pretty expensive, but smells and feels divine. however, it doesn't do a good job of keeping my hands moisturized enough. L'occitane's works better, but doesn't smell as good. my hg though, is TBS's aloe body balm. Its moisturizing and protective, and my hands look much better, if only it came in a tube like these.

on 9/23/2010 8:09:00 PM

I first tried the rose hand cream out at the airport, and I eventually arrived at my destination with a big tube of it. I now use it before going to bed. It's one of the best hand cream I've used. A little of it will keep your hands velvety soft and moisturized. The scent is very pleasant, and I like the packaging (I prefer this to plastic). If I go on feeling this way till the end of my big tube, I will repurchase.

Top Rated Jurlique Products