October 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - First Base Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by msnae0101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i don't understand why nobody likes this, i find that if you don't pack it on and you only use a tiny tiny bit, then it won't crease on you, at least for me it doesn't. the only problem i have is that it is 16 dollars for that teeny tiny pan, but it will last forever. i'm scared that it will dry out because the top doesn't latch on and it just sort of sits there but we'll see. i've been using it for a couple months now and i love the iridescent shimmer it gives so you can wear it alone or put a shadow on top. i've noticed that if you do wear it alone then you need to put even less on so it doesn't crease, but really, if you put it on right i don't see why there would be any creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by missgabbby

I love this product! i think it makes any eyeshadow pop and show its true colour. i found that u only need the smalllllessst amount for ech eyelid literally swipe ur finger in the product once and apply to entire lid! it works better wen u havent put foundation or powder on ur eyelids bfore hand 2! its my favourite eye primer!! and its sooo cute the box it comes in says "Take me out to dinner first"when u open it!! well it is called first base!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by joyuwish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this primer was defineatly not worth the 15 dollars i paid for this. it made my eyeshadow crease and it just didn't work out for me. i think i'll go exchange this for another UDPP

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this product. I RIS and am so glad I did not pay for this...it would have been a total waste. It creases my eyeshadow. Is waxie to put on....and I just would not recomend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by makeupjnky20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i couldn't pass this up when i saw it @ sephora glistening n the light n all...i tried it as a base n it made my eyeshadows dry n paste like...so i tried it as a highlighter instead, but i wasn't feelin' it...so i decided to return it after trying soo hard to make it work somehow but was just not worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by louislover1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this product while trying to find my perfect base, the sheen this product has to it I could do without, I did have a bit of creasing by the end of the day but overall it did keep my shadows in place and true to their color.
I personally like the packaging of this because it allows you to get all of the product out of its container where as I hate UDPP packaging cause you loose so much in the plastic tube.
Its a good base and I will use it but its not my first choice

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jennynucity

This is the best eyeshadow primer I've found. It is easy to use, glides on the eye area effortlessly and is packaged in a very simple tube. I've been using it for weeks and have not noticed 1 crease in my eyeshadow - even at the end of the day after 15 hours of wear time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by candaceinutah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the easy fingertip application of this product and the color is so pretty. I wear it alone and use this as my to-go eyeshadow for when I ride my bike to work because it's small and I don't have haul an eyeshadow brush with me. My only complaint is that it does crease. As a base I still prefer MAC groundwork but it's not as pretty and it doesn't look as good alone as Too Faced First Base does. Ah, the trade offs of beauty...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by MyOhAmya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was really excited when I bought this. I thought that my shadow would finally stay where I wanted it and the creasing would cease. However, I feel this product actually made it worse. Maybe it's the cream formula... I'm not sure. Was I supposed to close my eyes until this product dries?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by GlossRawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a fan of UDPP but like many others, did not care for the wand application. So when this came along, I thought it was worth a try since the brands are so similar.

While I love the generous tube size, and it's easy to get just a tiny dollup out, I would say I'm not very satisfied with this overall.

It does even out my lids and impart a nice matte canvas look, but the staying power for my eye makeup is no where near where it is with UDPP. E/s creases and my eyes look pretty much as oily by day's end as if I had used no primer. Back to UDPP it is for me.