April 19, 2014 | 1618 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

YES, I love this scent, but even in the Eau de Parfum layered over the lotion (not easy to find) it lasts at best a few hours. You really will get frustrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wore this for a while in college, and felt like it just wasn't ":me" after a while. Recently, I rediscovered it and now, I LOVE it. I have always been a floral girl - strongly floral scents lhave always been my thing. Recently, I found out that my husband doesn't really like the florals (over 20 years together and I am only just now finding this out?!? I know!). Now, while I do believe that you should wear fragrance first of all for yourself, I do think you should be a little respectful of your SO as well - don't wear something they think is completely awful!
Anyway, I've been trying to branch out a little, to find something we both like. Cristalle is just about perfect. I am terrible about notes and all that, but to me Cristalle starts off somewhat citrusy (I remember it being much more lemony, but this is only true in the first few minutes for me now), and then quickly becomes lush and green on me. There is enough floral loveliness to keep me happy, but the green notes please the hubby too (he adores those cut-grass type scents). Winner on all counts!
I do agree this is more appropriate for spring/summer, but I got a bottle this Christmas and I just can't help using it on really gray, yucky days. It's just so uplifting to me. Plus, you don't smell it everywhere, on everyone.This will definitely be my everyday fragrance once spring comes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by pipkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfumes are so unique to everyones sense of smell but this I adore. It reminds me of my teen days and conjures up memories of youth,energy and innocence (was I really all those?)

Its fresh, alive and clean - not sexy, mysterious and spicy. Think of fresh lemons and zest and this is it in a bottle

I love it but no one remarks on it when I wear it unlike my other perfumes.
Its a definate summers day perfume and not winter or evening smell

Yes to me its a 'feel good' perfume! and certainly not to everyones taste

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first encounter with Cristalle was through a french, very chic, exchange student. She came into the lab one summer morning wearing a sophisticated scarf and a trail of scent of Cristalle. To me this is the picture of Cristalle. Chic, sophisticated, clean and fresh. I love this fragrance (in the edt version) for summer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I LOVE the bottle! I was also excited because I heard that one of my favourite models use this. With a name like Cristalle I was exciting something fresh, exciting and innovative, but it really just turned quite heavy granny floral on me and reminds me, in ways, of Dior's Miss Dior fragrance. Its just too strong for me, I prefer the lighter scent of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle (the eau de toilette version).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by simonemaza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My second best choice after The One by D&G.
Great suprising scent. Its begins fresh fruitty then turns to be floral and exotic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the EDP version. As far as fragrances go its about as old school conventional as you can get. Theres nothing in this to offend but nothing to get excited about either. The opening is subdued and bitter like all green scents and settles into a medium intensity floral completely devoid of sweetness. Its the antidote to the plethora of fruity florals we are assaulted with these days, respectable and perfumey and also utterly dull.

It doesnt smell cheap, you can tell theres experience and sophistication behind it, theres just no genius or love for the fragrance there. I wont be purchasing again.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Citrus, greens and jasmine. That;s what I smell when I wear this. This is a beautiful, light fragrance, perfect for summer. I usually like heavy chypres so I am surprised that I like this so much. I'm now on my second bottle and will definitely keep repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Alisa13

I have tried really hard to like this scent. I've tried wearing it 3 or 4 times, with several weeks between attempts. Sadly all I get from it is ashtray; an ashtray that was emptied out on top of a compost pile. I think this is a scent you'll either love or hate, so I definitely recommend sampling it before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my two favourite perfumes. I have used it for years and will continue to do so. Its fresh and sophisticated, clean and complex. Its light but lasts all day even in high humidity. The best summer perfume in my opinion but it also works in other seasons. I will always have this on hand.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No