September 2, 2014 | 1150 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite scent ever. Light, fresh and classy, seems to suit every occasion. It simply feels so right for me and I just can't stop sniffing myself when I wear this, ha ha. Reminds me of summer and good times. Plus, it doesn't seem to be on every woman these days which makes me feel it's "my" scent. It lasts fairly long on me considering it's got green notes. The bottle is huge and cheaper than the other Chanel perfumes. Have worn this for two years and I can't see myself getting tired of it.
I'm also dying to get the Cristalle Verte for the spring.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It kills me to say I wouldn't buy Cristalle again. It's a showstopper for me - sharp, clean but complicated in it's own way, elegant, lovely, and also triggers massive migraines. I love it so much and can't wear it but at least I know my bottle is safe in the dark cool perfume storage if I ever want to torture myself :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was glad to see one review here were someone said this smelled like an ash tray. At least I know I'm not crazy! This exactly describes this scent for me. I don't understand the positive reviews, perhaps it's another case of wrong body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is NOT my type of scent. Florals give me migraines. Oakmoss makes me recoil. I dont like anything subdued. I am a card carrying spicy- amber- vanilla type of girl. Unfortunately, my husband is not a spicy- amber- vanilla type of guy. So I spritzed this EDT whilst walking through Bloomingdales and promptly stuck my wrist under his nose. His response was "hmmm....really nice." Which is the equivalent of him moonwalking through the shoe section whilst singing and throwing glitter. So I bought it and braced for the dark spots and nausea that my migraines usually entail. And now, a week later, I have to say I am in LOVE! I feel chic, sexy, and clean wearing this. Its initial astringency morphs into this mysterious blend of herbs and oakmoss that just blows me away all through the day (yes I have no issues with longevity). The moral of the story (other than "my husband is always right") is that after all these years as a perfumista who became bored with niche and mainstream alike, I learned that the perfect blend of individual notes that on their own, I do not care for, can morph into something amazing. Shame on me for not realizing that sooner :) So do not assume, sniff!

26 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by snissie

The original Cristalle (1974) was my one and only frangrance love from the time I first discovered it in the early 80s. It was so citrusy-fresh and light. True, it was not long lasting but the scent was so perfect I didn't mind. Since the early 90s I knew that something had changed and I only knew that I didn't like the "new" Cristalle. I was excited when I learned that now the EDP and EDT versions are different, and that the EDT is lighter - I thought maybe the EDT was like the original but sadly it is not. I went to the Chanel counter in Bloomingdale's and had a very pleasant conversation with a sales associate who tried to throw me off track by saying "a fragrance is a memory in a bottle," implying that it was my memory of the original Cristalle that was different, not the fragrance itself. Like they don't want to admit that Chanel did change the fragrance. I found some info online that said they relaunched an EDP in 1993 with a longer-lasting (heavier, sweeter) formula, but I know the EDT also did change at some point, I'm just not sure when. So I tested both the EDP and EDT in Bloomingdale's just to see for myself, and confirmed that neither of the current versions is anything like the original. Now for my reviews of the current versions: The EDP is awful. It's very heavy, woodsy, and harsh, almost masculine, and if they were going for long lasting here they succeeded in the worst way - I could still smell this on my wrist the next day and it was sickening. The EDT is lighter with hints of honeysuckle or hyacinth - in fact, when it dried down that is all I could smell - but somehow not as "bright" and citrusy as the original, and it is not long lasting at all - in two hours it was completely gone. Fortunately, I did also try Cristalle Eau Verte and though it is still not as good as the original Cristalle, it is quite good and this is what I will wear until Chanel comes to their senses and brings back the original. Cristalle Eau Verte will definitely remind you more of the original - it opens with a burst of lemon/bergamot and I'm in heaven - but it dries down to a much more feminine, creamy scent which is the magnolia. To me, it smells a bit "soapy", but the citrus notes do linger in the background so it balances out. So for now, I guess the original Cristalle is...not a memory in a bottle but actually a bottle in a memory!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

YES, I love this scent, but even in the Eau de Parfum layered over the lotion (not easy to find) it lasts at best a few hours. You really will get frustrated.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wore this for a while in college, and felt like it just wasn't ":me" after a while. Recently, I rediscovered it and now, I LOVE it. I have always been a floral girl - strongly floral scents lhave always been my thing. Recently, I found out that my husband doesn't really like the florals (over 20 years together and I am only just now finding this out?!? I know!). Now, while I do believe that you should wear fragrance first of all for yourself, I do think you should be a little respectful of your SO as well - don't wear something they think is completely awful!
Anyway, I've been trying to branch out a little, to find something we both like. Cristalle is just about perfect. I am terrible about notes and all that, but to me Cristalle starts off somewhat citrusy (I remember it being much more lemony, but this is only true in the first few minutes for me now), and then quickly becomes lush and green on me. There is enough floral loveliness to keep me happy, but the green notes please the hubby too (he adores those cut-grass type scents). Winner on all counts!
I do agree this is more appropriate for spring/summer, but I got a bottle this Christmas and I just can't help using it on really gray, yucky days. It's just so uplifting to me. Plus, you don't smell it everywhere, on everyone.This will definitely be my everyday fragrance once spring comes.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by pipkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfumes are so unique to everyones sense of smell but this I adore. It reminds me of my teen days and conjures up memories of youth,energy and innocence (was I really all those?)

Its fresh, alive and clean - not sexy, mysterious and spicy. Think of fresh lemons and zest and this is it in a bottle

I love it but no one remarks on it when I wear it unlike my other perfumes.
Its a definate summers day perfume and not winter or evening smell

Yes to me its a 'feel good' perfume! and certainly not to everyones taste

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first encounter with Cristalle was through a french, very chic, exchange student. She came into the lab one summer morning wearing a sophisticated scarf and a trail of scent of Cristalle. To me this is the picture of Cristalle. Chic, sophisticated, clean and fresh. I love this fragrance (in the edt version) for summer.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I LOVE the bottle! I was also excited because I heard that one of my favourite models use this. With a name like Cristalle I was exciting something fresh, exciting and innovative, but it really just turned quite heavy granny floral on me and reminds me, in ways, of Dior's Miss Dior fragrance. Its just too strong for me, I prefer the lighter scent of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle (the eau de toilette version).