Almay Intense i-Color

3.3

on 10/23/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If applied VERY LIGHTLY over a primer they turn out like they look in the pan and do last

CONS- chalky and fly everywhere when applied

on 5/30/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the purple trio for brown eyes - I thought these looked and felt nice when I swatched the testers on my hand. Went on smoothly, reasonable pigmentation, not too metallic.
Then I applied these on my eyes and I was so disappointed :-(
They seem to go on quite sheerly and blended into one big muddy mess, plus they have heaps of shimmer - normally I LOVE a bit of shimmer but this is just nasty reflecto unhealthy looking. I don't know if they are just more cool toned than they look in the pan but I looked sick after applying these (and I have HEAPS of other purple shadows!).
They don't layer well either, I tried putting a warm deep shade in the crease so I didn't look like a complete zombie but it was gone after about 2 hours. And pretty much everything else was completely faded by lunchtime.
Not for me.

on 5/21/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It was okay. It went on exceptionally well, and generally lasts the entire day nicely, though it will weather off eventually (but a little too quickly at times). It didn't make all that much different to my eye color, though it did make the green pop just a little bit. It's packaging was a nice bonus, because it is clean, easy, and well put together. I think that this is just a cute, harmless little product. Though I wasn't all that impressed overall, I do like it, because it is long-lasting and I love the colors. I have been using this quite a bit and I do like it. I would buy this product again, and maybe experiment with colors. Just because your eyes are brown or blue (etc!) doesn't mean you have to go with the colors they recommend, because the hazel color palette is actually quite pretty on my green eyes as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love these when I went through this weird "all my makeup has to be almay" phase, but now I realize that I need variety and that these shadows are restricting. The green eyes kits made my green eyes look weird (I guess the shade of green doesn't agree with my shade of green eyes). Sometimes they irritate my eyes if I put it on the inner corners, and although I am fine with using these once in a while they are not a very good shadow. Props for never creasing though

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nicely selected colors, goes on smooth. A bit metallic but I can deal.

on 3/7/2008 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wouldn't buy this again because I use only MAC eye shadows, however, this really did make my brown eyes look fabulous! My sister who doesn't notice ANYTHING, noticed my eyes, and went on to apply it on herself. She looked perfect for a night out on the town!

on 12/30/2007 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These eye shadows are great and I love that they come with diagrams. I've bought them in 3 different palettes and use them everyday. I use MAC paint underneath to help it stay on longer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These eyeshadows are wonderful!!!!

Pros: These eyeshadows don't crease, are true to their color (past eyeshadows I have used look one color but come out as another color), they don't fade, and after many hours of wearing them they don't move (i.e. melting from my brow bone to my eyelashes). Most importantly though, these eyeshadows don't irritate my ridiculously sensitive eyes!!!

Cons: The color sets can be somewhat restricting, but the quality of the eyeshadow is so great I couldn't care less!

I have three different sets, and even when I don't use the shadow for my green eyes my eyes still look great!!!! These eyeshadows are wonderful for anyone, whether you have sensitive eyes (like me) or oily eyes!!!

continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love all of these kits! They are affordable, widely available, relatively pigmented, versatile, and flattering to just about anyone. I would use all of these pallettes, and all look good on me. For reference, I have blue-gray eyes, pale skin, and naturally medium-dark blonde hair. For more detailed descriptions of each individual pallette go to the reviews for the separate shades.

on 7/23/2007 8:26:00 PM

I really liked the shadows but have moved on and found stuff I like more, but if you're looking for easy, everyday stuff on a budget, I would suggest this. I have hazel and brown. Love the hazel despite the fact that I have brown eyes. :)

Top Rated Almay Products