The Body Shop Brazil Nut Define and No Frizz Styling Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/19/2012 12:41:00 PM

I'm MEHH about this product. Unlike most reviewers, it does nothing for my fine frizzy hair. Maybe it's the texture of my hair or the state of my frizz, but it doesn't do anything at all for me. I was hoping this would be a miracle product, since a lot of people absolutely adore this. I would say though that I have fewer frizz when I use this. I'm not sure though if it's the after-effect of the Brazilian Blow-out I had about 4 months ago, or the SLS-free shampoo I have switched to, or it's a combination of that plus TBS Brazil Nut, but still I would have preferred zero frizz. It does make my hair more bouncy and wavy but my frizzy hair is the bane of my existence. And if I let my hair down say while shopping, it goes absolutely frizz-crazy, so the only option is to keep it in a ponytail unless I'm at home or sitting comfortably in an air-conditioned office. I haven't tried using this as a hair treatment pre-blow dry and based on the countless magazines I've read that recommended using this as a pre-treatment prior to blow drying, maybe that's the time it would work its magic and then I would consider this a must-have, until then,, not worth the huge price tag!

on 12/19/2011 8:23:00 PM

I like this! I had a gift card and bought this as a 3 for $10 each. It is great as a leave in treatment, isn't too heavy, and smells great. I don't do much with my hair other than comb it, and it really looks nice with this. The smell isn't too heavy and my hair feels very soft.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dis product is alwaz on my shelf...it makes hair so soft so good..all frizziness goes away but b aware to use only small amount n spread evenly...i love d smell too...its just amazinf

on 4/6/2011 7:42:00 PM

This is a good styling cream for the price. I have very thick hair and wash it every other day. I like to use this cream on the second day because it makes my hair smell really good. The smell is very strong out of the bottle but when you apply the cream to your hair, the smell dies down. I use to use frederic fekkai glossing cream but prefer this one now. The price is much better too.

on 12/5/2010 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this in conjuction with the Macadamia Straightening balm and I love it (I have very curly hair and use it when blow drying it straight).
Pros:
- Great smell and texture
- Does a good job in making my hair heavier and less frizzy
Cons:
- You have to be very careful when applying it to dry hair

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

What does this serum has to do frizz? Nothing whatsoever. The only thing about it - if you like it - is that it scentes your hair in the typical Brasil Nut odour from TBS.

on 1/5/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was eager to find a product which would contain my frizz and add a little bit of dimension to my hair. Upon using the Brazil Nut Define and No Frizz, I loved it right away. I have long, wavy, fine & dry, brown hair, and the BND&NF separated my waves, added a few darker tones to my light brown hair, and encouraged my wild and unruly curls. I use this product with the Cottonseed Curl Boost in order to give my hair that beautiful "beach waves" look. I have been complimented many times since I started using both products and will be a returning customer to TBS when I need to repurchase.

on 12/1/2009 12:36:00 AM

I keep buying this product because I love what it does for my hair, but there's a few things i'd change:
-it's a bit heavy. i have to use a very small amount
-for the price, it runs out fairy quick
-the smell isn't great
-packaging is annoying, it's in a squeeze tube so i always feel like im missing out on some product in the corners.

however, i use it with the cottonseed curl booster (also by the body shop) and always have perfect curls. i usually run out of this product before the cottonseed stuff, and my curls still look ok without it, so i'm starting to consider if its even worth buying. is great for very frizzy hair though!

on 10/17/2009 7:11:00 PM

This smelled like plastic,made my hair feel weighed down and didn't help while curling. It also got a split along the closing seam and product came out. Threw it away.

on 8/31/2009 3:38:00 PM

Curly, frizzy heads rejoice! This is your lucky day! I went to "The Body Shop" today at the mall and commented to the beautiful African American clerk about how pretty her curls were. She said "Thank you, it's "The Body Shop"! The product is "Brazil Nut Define and No Frizz". She went on to tell me about customers who when visiting from Europe stock up on this product. She told me about other curly heads who rave about it. So I thought, why not, let's give it a try. WOW, my curls have never looked so defined and beautiful! Combined with a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, this product, and plopping you can't go wrong. You can also use it on dry hair with equal results! Check it out, you have nothing to lose and many beautiful curls to gain! :)

Popular Styling Products