July 30, 2014 | 994 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Ystheal+ Creme

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by annelau

This is bad - I tried using it as day cream and night cream, it just didn't work either way. For day, it's too heavy and BALLS UP when I tried to apply makeup ... for night, it's not hydrating enough even I applied hydrating serum ... bad bad bad ...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by sg123

Ugh, I'm through with any product that touts days worth of stinging as a good thing! I'd go outside into a gentle spring day and my skin would begin to tingle and burn after only a minute, even wearing a large brimmed hat and staying in the shade. To me, that's just ridiculous. I'd like to live my life like a normal person rather than slowly burn my face off in the search for eternal youth. Oh, and I did suffer through a couple of weeks using every other or every third day; not much happened results-wise. I'm not going to stress my skin and avoid daylight like a troll when there are better alternatives,lol. I'll pass, thanks very much!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I listened to the advice of the Shopper's SA and bought this product. I am in my early 30's with mildly acne prone, combo skin. I have a line in my forehead that is bugging me, so I was looking for a good anti-aging cream. I found the cream to be too thick and a bit oily. It totally clogged my pores (with visible blackheads after using it), smelled weird and generally felt heavy. I threw out the bottle after about three weeks, I felt like I really wasted my money on this one. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as my first anti-ageing cream (im 23). I have overall blotchy skin, some fine lines, dry skin & i get hormonal outbreaks around my chin.I smoke & drink....and generally dont look after myself too well. But this cream makes me look like i do! I apply it at night all over my face - i use it really close to my eyes too. After the first night - i noticed a visible clarity in my skin & now 5 days in people have commented on my skins glow - my mother was hugely impressed & wants a bottle now too!. I had no problems with stinging/peeling - which i was worried about as i have dry flakey skin that is irritated by harsh weather etc.I get no smell from this - it is a peachy colour when applied but this goes soon. Overall my skin looks so much better - its amazing, i can see it looking smoother too - i guess only time will tell if it has any effect on my lines. I look human in the mornings! I can only hope that it keeps working so well! *fingers crossed*. It cost me 32.50euros in Ireland. EDIT : after 6 months of using this i saw an obvious improvement in my skin overall - it was brighter & i got less breakouts. My local Boots stopped stocking the Creme so i tried the Ystheal Emulsion (i have reviewed that). I no longer use the Ystheal Creme - i found it heavier than the Emulsion even on my dry skin & out of the 3 Avene Retinoids i have used it is my least favourite but still a great product if it works for your skin type.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by charlotte1

I found this creme to be really good on the first few weeks of using it my skin was soft and lines looked smoother. I later found the pores on my face became open and very visible.
It is a very heavy creme. Worst of all I eventually developed very bad Milia (white spots around eyes) and loads of them...very big ones and very tiny ones in the bags under my eyes. After a few months of using this creme the condition of my skin was terrible and I am not able to get rid of the Milia spots. I really do not recommend this to anyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pure love! I never quite understood just how much this product did for my skin until I stopped using it for a few months. After a few weeks my face just started to....fall apart. Or that's what it felt like. I thougt about it every day all the time and couldn't wait to get more. The results may not be dramatic, but they are real! Tangible. Smoother, plumper skin. My only problem is that my worst indented acne scars of yore are more evident, because the skin around the+m is so much smoother. But they are deep! Restylane, here I come

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by nouvelle

I think I'm in the minority here - but this did nothing for me. I'd feel a little tingle when I put it on sometimes, but seriously, it did nothing. the color is a gross yellow - and it goes on yellow. I won't buy it again. I'm having better luck w/ my AHA papaya enzyme facial wash that cost 1/4 of what this costs - I know, this is a treatment - but it did nothing that it claims.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually have realy oily skin, but picked this up because it had a free hand cream attached to it and my usual "ystheal emulsion" didn't.

I must say I believe i prefer this forula to the emulsion. I get compliments on my skin (which is unheard of) and the oil production on my face seems to have slowed down a bit.

I use this at night and alternate between Hydrox Souffle and LRP Redermic during the day. Along with my clarisonic, my skin is better than it has ever been (and i'm 34)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by alal

Bought this from CVS for $25. I bought the Eye creme one though.
Even though I'm young I do have some minor wrinkles around my eyes, and this was a preventative measure. I'm thinking now I should have just bought the larger bottle (not for eyes) because its essentially the same thing, Ystheal, just in a way bigger bottle for the same price! Lesson learned.

I dab this around my eyes and it seems to help the texture loads. I have milia problems and bumpy texture around the eye area, as well as some pimples here and there. I noticed an almost immediate improvement; my skin was soo soft! No more milia or bumpies. I experimented by dabbing this on zits overnight, and they are gone with either no or highly minimalized redness. This is kind of my catchall HG cream now.

About the texture, I read a derm saying retin helps with skin texture so that might be what I experienced.

Can't really say my wrinkles are gone, but the area looks plumpers/smoother. Anyway, since I'm very young it doesn't bother me that much, as the other benefits are so nice!

I'd prob buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not bad, not bad at all. I am in my late twenties...ok almost thirty...and I am at that age where I have wrinkles when I am tired and don't have wrinkles when I am rested. I especially have one pretty snarky frown line in between my eye brows. I have been super tired lately, and this creme is making the difference with nasty forehead wrinkle and my overall smoothness.
Only minor issue is that it turns my fingernails yellow if I don't wash my hands, and i like to keep the extra on the backs of my hands (hands age too!). Small price to pay for looking 25 instead of 29. Like this so much I bought the eye cream. And I never cheat on my eye cream.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No