Avene Ystheal+ Creme

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, squalane, propylene glycol, glycol montanate, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, bht, butylparaben, carbomer, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, CI 17200, retinaldehyde C.T. 0.05%, tocopheryl glucoside (vitamin E), triethanolamine.

My favourite anti-ageing cream for three years now. It contains vitamin a, which is perfect for my combo-acne-prone skin.
I use it as a night cream, which is recommended when it comes to creams, that contain vitamin a.
In Europe, there are two versions of the cream, one for normal to combination and one for dry skin.
I had to buy the one for dry skin the last year, cause the other one wasnīt rich enough for me anymore. But even with the richer formula, I didnīt get any breakouts.
I donīt think that this cream works for women with dry or very dry skin, beause vitamin a tends to dry out the skin.
And a little warning: There are women, who really donīt react very good to vitamin a. You should test it on your arm, because it can irritate the skin.
In the wintertime, I have to add argan oil and a moisturizing serum underneath the cream, because otherwise, my skin wouldnīt have enough nourishing ingredients over night.
Still,I love this cream very much and it works!! I really donīt have any wrinkles at all and Iīm 34.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just got this a week ago, and it has eliminated my undereye cirles completely. This is really amazing, since they were really dark.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is bad - I tried using it as day cream and night cream, it just didn't work either way. For day, it's too heavy and BALLS UP when I tried to apply makeup ... for night, it's not hydrating enough even I applied hydrating serum ... bad bad bad ...

Ugh, I'm through with any product that touts days worth of stinging as a good thing! I'd go outside into a gentle spring day and my skin would begin to tingle and burn after only a minute, even wearing a large brimmed hat and staying in the shade. To me, that's just ridiculous. I'd like to live my life like a normal person rather than slowly burn my face off in the search for eternal youth. Oh, and I did suffer through a couple of weeks using every other or every third day; not much happened results-wise. I'm not going to stress my skin and avoid daylight like a troll when there are better alternatives,lol. I'll pass, thanks very much!

I listened to the advice of the Shopper's SA and bought this product. I am in my early 30's with mildly acne prone, combo skin. I have a line in my forehead that is bugging me, so I was looking for a good anti-aging cream. I found the cream to be too thick and a bit oily. It totally clogged my pores (with visible blackheads after using it), smelled weird and generally felt heavy. I threw out the bottle after about three weeks, I felt like I really wasted my money on this one. Very disappointed.

I got this as my first anti-ageing cream (im 23). I have overall blotchy skin, some fine lines, dry skin & i get hormonal outbreaks around my chin.I smoke & drink....and generally dont look after myself too well. But this cream makes me look like i do! I apply it at night all over my face - i use it really close to my eyes too. After the first night - i noticed a visible clarity in my skin & now 5 days in people have commented on my skins glow - my mother was hugely impressed & wants a bottle now too!. I had no problems with stinging/peeling - which i was worried about as i have dry flakey skin that is irritated by harsh weather etc.I get no smell from this - it is a peachy colour when applied but this goes soon. Overall my skin looks so much better - its amazing, i can see it looking smoother too - i guess only time will tell if it has any effect on my lines. I look human in the mornings! I can only hope that it keeps working so well! *fingers crossed*. It cost me 32.50euros in Ireland. EDIT : after 6 months of using this i saw an obvious improvement in my skin overall - it was brighter & i got less breakouts. My local Boots stopped stocking the Creme so i tried the Ystheal Emulsion (i have reviewed that). I no longer use the Ystheal Creme - i found it heavier than the Emulsion even on my dry skin & out of the 3 Avene Retinoids i have used it is my least favourite but still a great product if it works for your skin type.

I found this creme to be really good on the first few weeks of using it my skin was soft and lines looked smoother. I later found the pores on my face became open and very visible.
It is a very heavy creme. Worst of all I eventually developed very bad Milia (white spots around eyes) and loads of them...very big ones and very tiny ones in the bags under my eyes. After a few months of using this creme the condition of my skin was terrible and I am not able to get rid of the Milia spots. I really do not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pure love! I never quite understood just how much this product did for my skin until I stopped using it for a few months. After a few weeks my face just started to....fall apart. Or that's what it felt like. I thougt about it every day all the time and couldn't wait to get more. The results may not be dramatic, but they are real! Tangible. Smoother, plumper skin. My only problem is that my worst indented acne scars of yore are more evident, because the skin around the+m is so much smoother. But they are deep! Restylane, here I come

I think I'm in the minority here - but this did nothing for me. I'd feel a little tingle when I put it on sometimes, but seriously, it did nothing. the color is a gross yellow - and it goes on yellow. I won't buy it again. I'm having better luck w/ my AHA papaya enzyme facial wash that cost 1/4 of what this costs - I know, this is a treatment - but it did nothing that it claims.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I actually have realy oily skin, but picked this up because it had a free hand cream attached to it and my usual "ystheal emulsion" didn't.

I must say I believe i prefer this forula to the emulsion. I get compliments on my skin (which is unheard of) and the oil production on my face seems to have slowed down a bit.

I use this at night and alternate between Hydrox Souffle and LRP Redermic during the day. Along with my clarisonic, my skin is better than it has ever been (and i'm 34)