January 27, 2015 | 2168 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkie1205

I really like this as a hand cream. I love the smell. I'm not a fan of it as a body lotion, it's just not moisturizing enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LisaLee28

It's ruined!

A few years ago, I used to buy this lotion regularly. It came in bottles and was around $10 -- not cheap, but not unreasonable, either. I received compliments on its summery, coconutty fragrance all the time. The consistency was kind of runny and it didn't absorb well, but it was indeed super-moisturizing and the smell was heavenly so it was worth it.

Recently, like last year, it was reformulated and now comes in a tube or pump bottle. And it now smells TERRIBLE! It is now better absorbing and still ultra-moisturizing, for sure. But it smells disgusting -- there is no semblance of coconut or mint like before. Definitely doesn't smell like milk or honey.

Ironically, for a product that is so natural, it now has an odor that can only be described as smelling like plastic bottles or vinyl. I mean awful. I kept hoping once it dried on my skin it would smell better -- but instead, I kept smelling my arm and then exclaiming "Ugh!" It only smelled worse! The only way to bear it after I put it on is to put perfume or different lotion over it to mask the horrible scent.

It's so bad that I contacted Burt's Bees to share my feedback. One of my concerns was that perhaps I'd just received a bad batch tainted with a chemical-ish smell. They were very gracious and kind enough to send another bottle -- and the new bottle smelled just as terrible! I'm appreciative of their great customer service, but it's still so disappointing this product has been ruined.

Nowadays, for my wintertime dry skin, I'll probably use Udderly Smooth Udder Cream instead of Burt's Bees. At least the Udderly Smooth is scentless while still moisturizing and absorbing well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

Yes, this product has been reformulated in recent years but I still love it. It is absolutely one of my favorite scents (even though it changed slightly, it still beats out every other drugstore scent IMO). This is the only body lotion I have used consistently because I love the smell of it so much. It moisturizes nicely and I don't find it greasy. I love that I can buy it in pump or tube form. I use it after every shower all over my body. The scent lingers which I like. I've been purchasing more and more of Burt's Bees because I find their products work very well for me. I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by SPCAGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this lotion. Smells good, works really well (I use it on my legs, which are really dry), doesn't test on animals (Good job, Burt's Bees!) and it's just overall a great product... Except for the fact that one 6 oz. bottle costs, like, ten bucks! Not such a great price... But a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kChoooi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

RUBBISH! it did nt really soak into the skin, just layed on top of my dry skin like a sticky layer without doing much apart from being sticky. I was really disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I sampled this in Harmon's before I bought it and I was thrilled with the scent and texture. When I brought it home and used it after a shower, I was horrified to discover that I was covered in a lotion that smells like old burnt plastic. I do not understand how the wonderful milk and honey scent was converted into this terrible smell, but I most definitely am not spending more money to figure out if I was sold an expired product or if the product is simply awful. To its credit, it moisturizes well, but I find the scent so intolerable that this does not merit any additional lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by LaOreja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't a particularly bad lotion as a moisturiser, but one thing lets it down and makes it unusable for me; the smell. I put it on before bed and it didn't seem too bad at first, like strong vanilla. After about 30 minutes however it had faded to a horrible pungent stink, like rotten fruit. I know it's a mainly natural product and the smell reflects this, or maybe I was unlucky and got a bad batch, but this was a real let-down for me. Worse still the smell got into my pyjamas and bedding, and even lingered AFTER washing them. A shame as I generally like Burt's Bees products and this looked good on the shelf.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

Just a heads up, I use the older bottle version, apparently it has changed since my last purchase (a few years ago), but I'll still review in case someone comes across the older stuff online somewhere. The smell is very light and slightly sweet, but not bad. Great for moisturizing skin, but not heavy at all. In fact, it's kind of runny. Because it feels so light on my skin and absorbs easily, it's absolutely my go-to lotion if I need it for hot summer months after shaving or anything. Sad to hear that the formula seems to have changed, might have to look elsewhere when the bottle empties!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product it is very moisturizing! The smell is not even bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very odd. Used to love this when it came in the bottle and was runnier. Hadn't used it in a while and repurchased the new version in a tube today. Well. On first application it smells the same but as I'm sat here typing, I can smell a slight undernote that is kind of rancid and earthy. Not a good smell at all. In fact now that I've noticed the undernote, it's making me nauseous. Gross. What have you done Burt?!