April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product it is very moisturizing! The smell is not even bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very odd. Used to love this when it came in the bottle and was runnier. Hadn't used it in a while and repurchased the new version in a tube today. Well. On first application it smells the same but as I'm sat here typing, I can smell a slight undernote that is kind of rancid and earthy. Not a good smell at all. In fact now that I've noticed the undernote, it's making me nauseous. Gross. What have you done Burt?!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the feel of my skin after using this lotion, but sadly the smell just isn't the same. Now it's like a plastic bottle with hints of vanilla and herbs. Not a fan. :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I sampled this in Target. Wow, does it have a strong and lingering fragrance. At first I was not sure I liked the scent but it definitely grew on me. I would describe it as cocoa butter with a touch of vanilla and spice. The moisturizing properties seemed about average but, if you like the scent, it makes a long-lasting fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i am reviewing the version of this in the squeezy tube!
my skin is very dry in the winter and i really wanted to try this. hydration for me, is excellent. this makes my skin so soft. this definitely does its job and sinks in very fast!
i now want to cover the scent. by reading the reviews on here, it seems as though it has changed along with the packaging. i can detect milk, honey, vanilla, mint and something else. that's what i get. actually when i first bought this and tried it, i found the smell quite aggressive and a little bit 'pungent', but in the wrong way. but as i kept using it, the scent really really grew on me. to me, it smells like something that's been freshly mixed in a bowl and that is very natural and organic. maybe even a little dairy? (it does have non-fat dry milk powder in it) i think initially, it's a bit of a shock, because it's smells so different to the mainstream lotions and butters that are designed to smell sweet and dessert-like. but now to me, this is very comforting. i think smells are very personal.
i would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by erinxnoel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Goes on nicely, but the smell is TERRIBLE! I thought it smelled like household cleaner, not at all like the milk and honey it professes to be made of, so I googled the product just to make sure I hadn't purchased a bad one, and soon found out why: Burt's Bees was bought by Clorox. No wonder the smell is so pungent! The lotion aspect is nice, but the odor is horrible. You smell like you just perfumed yourself with Windex.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this lotion when it was on sale at my local Big Lots. I have never tried anything from this line minus the balms so I said why not?

The scent is fine, the moisturizing capabilities not so much. The lotion is on the runnier side. It penetrates my dry skin but it doesn't keep it moisturized for a very long period of time. I've tried this lotion out during the winter and the summer, so there is no excuse.

Overall this product was a fail. I would never spend that much on a lotion again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

IDK What happened!
1st of all, before buying this, I already knew that the formula was changed and it wouldn't smell like pure honey, and when i bought it, I thought i smelled a little like mint..:P ... and i actually liked it.

Also, I remember it moisturized very well.

Sadly, one day after using it for like 1 month or something when I used it, It smelled so powerful and strong like a strong mint and maybe... just maybe... rancid smell.

Now i can't use it due to the overpowering unsweet smell

and it's really expensive and tehre's better natural lotions out there like the one from live clean

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by xlitlbitx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit which I am glad I did as I am not a big fan of this lotion. I don't care much for the strong honey smell. When I squeezed some out of the tube it looked nice rich and creamy but when I went to rub it in it was like water. I have never had a lotion do that before and then the over powering smell of honey that lingers on for awhile. I will definelty not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by TruffulaTree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh Burt's Bees, why did you have to do this to me? The Milk and Honey Body Lotion used to be my signature scent. It was light, non-greasy, and made my skin silky and soft. And it smelled amazing. People commented on it all the time. But then you had to go and change the formula. I appreciate the impulse to make an all natural formula but the new lotion is not a patch on the old. It's much thicker, comes in a smaller bottle, and isn't nearly as moisturizing. Honestly, though, if it wasn't for the smell, I'd still be buying this. It's not the worst thing I've ever smelled, but it makes me miss the old scent so much and it's absolutely no substitute. Am now on the hunt for a reasonably priced all natural body lotion to become my new staple - Nubian Heritage Goat's Milk and Chai may be my new choice.