December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kChoooi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

RUBBISH! it did nt really soak into the skin, just layed on top of my dry skin like a sticky layer without doing much apart from being sticky. I was really disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I sampled this in Harmon's before I bought it and I was thrilled with the scent and texture. When I brought it home and used it after a shower, I was horrified to discover that I was covered in a lotion that smells like old burnt plastic. I do not understand how the wonderful milk and honey scent was converted into this terrible smell, but I most definitely am not spending more money to figure out if I was sold an expired product or if the product is simply awful. To its credit, it moisturizes well, but I find the scent so intolerable that this does not merit any additional lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by LaOreja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't a particularly bad lotion as a moisturiser, but one thing lets it down and makes it unusable for me; the smell. I put it on before bed and it didn't seem too bad at first, like strong vanilla. After about 30 minutes however it had faded to a horrible pungent stink, like rotten fruit. I know it's a mainly natural product and the smell reflects this, or maybe I was unlucky and got a bad batch, but this was a real let-down for me. Worse still the smell got into my pyjamas and bedding, and even lingered AFTER washing them. A shame as I generally like Burt's Bees products and this looked good on the shelf.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

Just a heads up, I use the older bottle version, apparently it has changed since my last purchase (a few years ago), but I'll still review in case someone comes across the older stuff online somewhere. The smell is very light and slightly sweet, but not bad. Great for moisturizing skin, but not heavy at all. In fact, it's kind of runny. Because it feels so light on my skin and absorbs easily, it's absolutely my go-to lotion if I need it for hot summer months after shaving or anything. Sad to hear that the formula seems to have changed, might have to look elsewhere when the bottle empties!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product it is very moisturizing! The smell is not even bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very odd. Used to love this when it came in the bottle and was runnier. Hadn't used it in a while and repurchased the new version in a tube today. Well. On first application it smells the same but as I'm sat here typing, I can smell a slight undernote that is kind of rancid and earthy. Not a good smell at all. In fact now that I've noticed the undernote, it's making me nauseous. Gross. What have you done Burt?!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the feel of my skin after using this lotion, but sadly the smell just isn't the same. Now it's like a plastic bottle with hints of vanilla and herbs. Not a fan. :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I sampled this in Target. Wow, does it have a strong and lingering fragrance. At first I was not sure I liked the scent but it definitely grew on me. I would describe it as cocoa butter with a touch of vanilla and spice. The moisturizing properties seemed about average but, if you like the scent, it makes a long-lasting fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i am reviewing the version of this in the squeezy tube!
my skin is very dry in the winter and i really wanted to try this. hydration for me, is excellent. this makes my skin so soft. this definitely does its job and sinks in very fast!
i now want to cover the scent. by reading the reviews on here, it seems as though it has changed along with the packaging. i can detect milk, honey, vanilla, mint and something else. that's what i get. actually when i first bought this and tried it, i found the smell quite aggressive and a little bit 'pungent', but in the wrong way. but as i kept using it, the scent really really grew on me. to me, it smells like something that's been freshly mixed in a bowl and that is very natural and organic. maybe even a little dairy? (it does have non-fat dry milk powder in it) i think initially, it's a bit of a shock, because it's smells so different to the mainstream lotions and butters that are designed to smell sweet and dessert-like. but now to me, this is very comforting. i think smells are very personal.
i would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by erinxnoel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Goes on nicely, but the smell is TERRIBLE! I thought it smelled like household cleaner, not at all like the milk and honey it professes to be made of, so I googled the product just to make sure I hadn't purchased a bad one, and soon found out why: Burt's Bees was bought by Clorox. No wonder the smell is so pungent! The lotion aspect is nice, but the odor is horrible. You smell like you just perfumed yourself with Windex.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No