Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really liked the creamy consistency of this lotion. I tried it on my chapped hands and I liked that my hands didn't feel greasy to the touch. That said, I couldn't test it any further to see how well it did over time because I could not get over the smell of the product. I had to wash my hands immediately after applying this lotion to try and get the smell off. The smell lingers even after I washed my hands with dishwashing soap (perhaps this is a plus for anyone who likes the smell!). To me, it has an off-putting smell...almost like motor oil and sunscreen mixed together. Maybe I got a bad batch? I hope that's the case. Either way, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of my favorite lotions (Palmers cocoa butter being my #1). I have normal skin that gets a little dry in the winter, and for me it works great. Not greasy, and my skin feel silky smooth. Although the real reason why I keep going back to this lotion, is the scent. It has a delicious, sweet, beautiful scent. Smelling this really does makes me feel happy. And my husband likes it, which is always a plus in my book because he has a sensitive nose. It does have a milk and honey scent, but something else underneath...I want to say mint, perhaps? And the scent does linger too for quite some time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got this in a travel size, it came in a travel size kit. for the most part i like it, it made a bit of a difference in my skin. my legs dont look so uneven in color, theyre softer not super soft but not dry. just a nice soft. the smell is good, it can be a bit overpowering it sticks with you for a while but eventually goes away or you either just get used to it. i dont really like how it feels on my skin after i've applied it. feels sorta waxy like, but thats just me. its nice, id reccomend it. but i'm not entirely sure if i'm going to buy it again. give it a go though!

this lotion is really good, not fabulous, but really good
PROS
-very moisturizing
-a little goes a long way
-good price
-smell doesnt last very long
CONS-
doesnt smell great

i use this lotion daily after shaving and it makes my legs very soft and smooth
my only complaint is that the scent isnt very pleasant:( luckily its not that strong and disappears quickly.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in a gift pack. I used it on my face after running out of other moisturiser. It was nice, non greasy and absorbed well. It wouldn't be moisturising enough for me in winter but for summer was fine.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is my go to hand, feet and body lotion. I love the smell and the texture. Does a good job at moisturizing my hands that are quite beaten up from waitressing.

The first few times I used this lotion it was fine but a few days ago I used it on my face and hands and now I have a terrible itchy rash thats warm and feels like a sunburn all over my face and neck. I read some others have had this problem too, when did the rash go away? I've been allpying aloe gel to cool it, but any advice what to do would be good, don't really want to have to see a doc unless it gets worse.

Since I love the smell of milk and honey, I decided to go with this lotion. That was a mistake. After just a few hours of applying this on my arms, legs, and face, I was left with a bumpy, red, and itchy rash all over my body, INCLUDING my face! Since this product was obviously no use to me (which was a bummer, since it cost $15), I gave it to my older sister. She then reported to me that she got a rash from this lotion as well. I appreciate the natural ingredients in this product, but this product made me break out - big time - from its thick consistency. Plus, the scent is horrific. It smells like rubber.

Lesson learned: Whenever you are trying a new moisturizer or cream, make sure to do a spot test! Apply the product behind your ear and any particularly sensitive areas to see if you might have any skin reaction to it.

I really like this as a hand cream. I love the smell. I'm not a fan of it as a body lotion, it's just not moisturizing enough.

It's ruined!

A few years ago, I used to buy this lotion regularly. It came in bottles and was around $10 -- not cheap, but not unreasonable, either. I received compliments on its summery, coconutty fragrance all the time. The consistency was kind of runny and it didn't absorb well, but it was indeed super-moisturizing and the smell was heavenly so it was worth it.

Recently, like last year, it was reformulated and now comes in a tube or pump bottle. And it now smells TERRIBLE! It is now better absorbing and still ultra-moisturizing, for sure. But it smells disgusting -- there is no semblance of coconut or mint like before. Definitely doesn't smell like milk or honey.

Ironically, for a product that is so natural, it now has an odor that can only be described as smelling like plastic bottles or vinyl. I mean awful. I kept hoping once it dried on my skin it would smell better -- but instead, I kept smelling my arm and then exclaiming "Ugh!" It only smelled worse! The only way to bear it after I put it on is to put perfume or different lotion over it to mask the horrible scent.

It's so bad that I contacted Burt's Bees to share my feedback. One of my concerns was that perhaps I'd just received a bad batch tainted with a chemical-ish smell. They were very gracious and kind enough to send another bottle -- and the new bottle smelled just as terrible! I'm appreciative of their great customer service, but it's still so disappointing this product has been ruined.

Nowadays, for my wintertime dry skin, I'll probably use Udderly Smooth Udder Cream instead of Burt's Bees. At least the Udderly Smooth is scentless while still moisturizing and absorbing well.