November 20, 2014 | 2107 users online

Foundations - Manic Panic - Dreamtone Flawless Foundation & Color Corrector - Virgin (White)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Ninetalesx

I think claiming it as a "flawless foundation" is a bit ridiculous, definitely not flawless, amplifies pores and looks streaky and feels quite icky on the skin. But! It should definitely be advertised as more of a product to lighten foundations! Because that is exactly what it should only be ever used for. I think the little spatula is cute, as is the packaging, but it should never be used on its own, as a base or as a highlighter, it really only seems to work when MIXED with other foundations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This corrector is AWESOME and I wish I would of discovered this gem sooner. I have a small stock pile of foundations I can't wear as they are too dark, by mixing in a small amount of Manic Panic Dreamtone they transform into my perfect match. This corrector doesn't alter the formula or performance of the foundation it's mixed into either. I would recommend this product to any fair skinned peep who struggles finding foundations light enough for their complexion. My only con is the packaging as it comes in a heavy glass bottle with an attached paddle on the lid (similar to Rimmel's Clean Finish foundation). It would be so much more user friendly and less messy with a pump or squeeze tube. I purchased this product off of eBay for around $10 as I couldn't locate it in stores in Canada.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many other reviewers have mentioned, this foundation should not be used alone. I tried using just the foundation and found it extremely difficult to blend. It was streaky and left little white dots all over my face. Adding powder to my face after using this only made my face look worse. This product is best used for lightening other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by MeraServesOnlyLadies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is crappy,, for one thing the letters on the bottle are painted on the GLASS bottle,. so you get black dotts all over your face.. the product is very horrid,, you cant put two coats on because the first coat rubbs off and you have a big spot on your face.. doesnt last long at all .. i am 15 years old this made me look 30,,, it sitts in your poors leaving white dotts on your face,, the ONLY way you can use this product and get your moneys worth os by adding it to a reguler drug store foundation to alter the shade

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by caroltam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just like the other girls posted it is very, very hard to find a foundation light enough for their skin. NC 15 is too dark for me :/ I found this while shopping at the manic panic store in Venice and I love it. I mix it in with LUSH's foundation called jackie oates. It's perfect for a every day base and I LOVE that it doesn't have any silicones in it. PLEASE PLEASE MANIC PANIC DO NOT CHANGE THIS FORMULA AND ADD SILICONES! pleaseee lol. I do wish you could wear it on it's own but as stated before it is better as a color corrector. anyways, love this product and thanks again manic panic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I heart Manic Panic Dreamtone Flawless foundation and color corrector!

I did not use this as a foundation, but as a color corrector to lighten up dark foundations. Somebody would have to be white as a ghost to use this as a foundation because it is WHITE, WHITE, WHITE...I mean like white-out white.

Somehow I stumbled upon a review for this product on Makeup Alley. I immediately ordered a bottle on eBay and WOW! Like the reviewer before me said "Where has this product been all my life"?

I mixed some of this into my Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation in Ivory which is the lightest color they make but still too dark for me. The results were awesome! The Manic Panic not only lightened up my Rimmel foundation but also gave it a nice glow. This product is one of the best things I have ever added to my stash. Now I can use all of the foundations I have that are too dark.

This is a must have for fair skinned people who have trouble finding foundations light enough for their skin tone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Where has this product been my whole life??? This is a MUST HAVE for ladies who have problems finding the perfect match with liquid foundation or for anyone who loves their current foundation but needs to lighten it for winter time. If you're extremely fair, you may be able to use this as a foundation alone. I tested this with my CS, which is slightly too dark on me but matches my undertones well. Voila, with a small dab of the dreamtone white mixed in with the CS, I have my perfect match! Another huge plus is the formula does not alter the performance of your foundation. Only gripe; Wish it came in a squeeze bottle. This is something I will be buying forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this foundation to be a great shade of pure white. The reason I was disappointed with this product was that I bought it to be used as a foundation. It applied terribly on its own - very streaky, uneven & extremely unblendable. I tried & tried bc I really wanted to love this product but nope, nothing worked. It stayed well enough when on but not great. The lid has a paddle/spatula type stick to get the foundation out. It was pretty unique which I liked.

Anyhoo the reason I gave this 3 lippies instead of 1 is because I could see how this foundation would be great as a lightener to add to other foundations. I never did it myself but on second thoughts I should have instead of turfing it. So by all means buy this product as a means to lighten other foundations. But please be warned, it is not a good foundation by itself!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by polochka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is not really a foundation, in the sense that I wouldn't wear it alone--I've tried, and it goes on streaky and uneven and sits in your pores so it looks like you have white dots all over your face (even over a primer). HOWEVER it is very good for lightening other foundations you may have purchased that are too dark--mix a little of each in your hand until you have the shade you want. (If the proportions get too high in favor of the Dreamtone--maybe more than half and half--you might get the streakiness and pitting though.) When mixed well with another foundation, it gives a sort of fresh, brighter quality to the face--not a glow, exactly, but something sort of youthful and nice. So if you use the product correctly (not as a foundation on its own) you should be pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

White foundation has changed my life for the better. I'm a very cool toned, extremely fair NW10. I got sick of having to put on foundation so sheerly because it was just a bit too dark and of falling in love with great foundations that I simply couldn't wear because the shade range was so limited. Enter Manic Panic Dreamtone white foundation, a great, inexpensive choice for those of us who didn't get a lot in the melanin department. It's a slightly thick, very, very creamy opaque white foundation. It mixes quite well with colored foundations. The cap has a small spatula attached to it. I use the spatula to dollop foundation on the back of my hand. I then apply the too-dark foundation to the back of my hand and mix well. Then I can apply the mixture with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Because of the spatula, I can easily control the amount of white foundation I need.It would probably drive me nuts if I had to apply the white foundation directly to my face because I'd have to keep dipping into the bottle, but as it is, I just use small amounts at a time. I haven't experienced it settling into my pores as others have. I think it's a great value. I would repurchase this, particularly for using with thicker foundations such as Revlon Colorstay. I also recommend the more liquid-y Mehron Liquid in White as a wonderful, inexpensive choice for white foundations. If you have dry skin, you may prefer Manic Panic's, which feels creamier and has lanolin oil in it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No