Coty Emeraude

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/2/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Many here have remarked on a beloved family member this scent reminds them of. A few others have remarked however of less than fond memories of someone they were perhaps less than fond of, who sprayed this on by the gallon and ruined this forever.. I'm in the latter category. I am too biased against ot because of the person it reminds me of. I've never liked this but to be fair, the association is the thing I can't get behind.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this scent, VERY similar to Chantilly and Heaven Sent. Powdery, warm, classy..does not smell cheap at all. Another gem introduced to me by my precious Mum. She was and still is EVERY definition of a lady, mannerisms, fashion, and most definately fragrancewise. She wore this when her and Dad were dating in the early seventies and she always kept a small bottle in her bathroom. It smells like a lady should, polite, demure, classy. To me, Emeraude evokes all of these things and I wear it to this day.

on 11/16/2011 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As one reviewer said below, "Poor Woman's Shalimar"....and she is definitely correct. I love the classic bombshell fragrances, and Shalimar is one of them. However, I was not going to waste $90.00 on a small bottle from Macy's. Being Ms. Practical, I went to my local CVS and remembered that Emeraude smells very similar to Shalimar. Haven't worn this since high school, but once I smelled the tester I knew it was still a pretty good knock off of Shalimar. The dry down is actually lighter than Shalimar, and I really like it. For $24.00 for a large bottle, you cant' go wrong. I have everyone fooled that it is Shalimar when I wear it...my secret :)

on 9/26/2011 6:56:00 PM

This is fun to have if you can find a sufficiently old bottle for very little money. I have a bottle from the 60s and another one from the 70s. Both are very good, but you can tell that the fragrance became less fierce between those two time frames.

If you're unsure of the approximate age of your bottle, google images for Emeraude and find magazine print ads that have a picture of the bottle. Once you find a print ad with the bottle, you can find magazine with the year published.

Basically, old Emeraude is a Shalimar-like fragrance. In fact, for my 60s bottle, I actually like Emeraude more than Shalimar because I find it lighter and easier to wear. Yet both fragrances pack a punch and can come off a bit dated and dusty.

This was my grandma's favorite perfume. She had long black hair and she was a cool lady. I like the vintage version of Coty Emeraude. The new version is very off--it doesn't smell as good. Emeraude reminds me of citrus (lime and grapefruit) mixed with the smell of face powder. I would really like to find a vintage bottle of this.

on 5/31/2011 4:04:00 PM

Wow I was quite surprised by Emeraude. I found an old old bottle of this up at my cabin probably from the 1940s and thought ewwww it smelled really dated (like a little old lady perfume). However after spraying it on and starting really rough and awful it had a really nice dry down on me. a powdery scent I would wear Emeraude for the dry down

on 1/27/2011 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've heard that Emeraude was a gorgeous oriental years ago. The current version (which I found at Meijer for less than $3, which should have clued me in) reminds me of baby powder and diapers.

on 12/3/2010 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Beautiful, pillowy, powdery - but only in its older formations. Got a collection of bottles from about the late 70s, in cologne and parfum. There is a definite familial resemblance to Shalimar, but again, only the vintage version. The newer one is thin and generic. Lovely!

on 11/15/2010 1:59:00 PM

OK a shadow of its former self, but still a pretty floriental that is streets ahead of some of the awful fruit/fizzy pop swill that some young ladies like to douse themselves in.

on 9/30/2010 9:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This scent isn't for me, personally, but I associate it with my classy, kindhearted, red-haired Southern grandmother who passed away several years ago. This is what she wore when she sat me on her lap when I was a wee girl. Recently, I bought a bottle of this for my own mother, because I knew it would remind her of her mom. My mom is allergic to perfume, but she does wear this one because it's so mild. I bought her the EDC version, and I'd buy it for her anytime again. I wouldn't wear this, because my memories are so strongly associated with the women of my family who raised me, and it remains "their" scent when they pass through my memories.

Popular Fragrances