NARS Silvana

4.3

on 12/15/2008 12:03:00 PM

I just switched to Silvana from Ninotchka and after purchasing Luster. I went to the NARS counter and realized the Ninotchka wasn't doing anything to brighten up my face. I already owned Silvana but forgot I had it. I dug it out and compared it to Luster, and discovered that while Luster has a distinctly orange tint (too orange for me). Silvana glows on my skin and looks natural . I'm switching to Silvana now; I find it looks pretty in any light.

UPDATE: I switched to Cargo's Prague blush after deciding this was a little to fake looking. I am keeping it, though, and may use it occasionally.

on 10/8/2008 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is so flattering! It is a peachy bronze that works well on my light-med skin. This is a great blush for the hollow of the cheek with a highlighter swiped above, very contouring. If I ever run out of this, I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/27/2008 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the quieter NARS blushes, but also my fave. Orgasm made me look like a glittery clown, so the SA recommended this one. This is a very subtle blush that is a cross between peach toned and bronze on me with a slight shimmer. Goes very well with smokey eyes. I generally use it at night; when I drink the slightest amount of alcohol my cheeks flush so pink blushes turn me into insta-clown.

on 5/20/2008 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Its my first Nars blush and right after I got it I was chatting with the ladies on the makeup board about how expensive this was - A$25 for a smallish compact. But, they all assured me this will last forever. And because I love it so already (had this for about 24 hours now) that's a great thing. Like most of the other ladies here, I'm about an NC35 in Mac and I was looking initially for a bronzer that will give me a glow, but not a noticeable color on my face. I looked through the bronzers, and eh. Then, I came across this little beauty. Its a peachy tan sort of a color and it brightens up my face without screaming I'm wearing blush! The texture is smooth and finely milled and blends like a dream! I'll report back on lasting power after a few more days of wearing it. Because of the subtly of the color, this could definitely become my everyday blush!

on 11/27/2007 10:12:00 PM

This is the pale orange color with a lot of golden shimmer, I just love it.
It brighthens my face and lasts all day. Sometimes I use it on top of the Madly blush, it's awesome.

on 11/25/2007 4:13:00 PM

I've eyed this for years. Now I wish I'd bought it sooner. What a dream blush for warm-complected skin. A deceptively boring tan in the pan, it applies to my NC30 face as a honeyed caramel-peach that unexpectedly has hints of rose in it. It is gorgeous! Definitely not for cool-toned skins, though, as I imagine it would turn orange on them. This could serve well as a light bronzer for pale girls. I think it will work best on me in the summer but right now I'm wearing it as a light dusting over a pink gel stain and the effect is beautiful. This is definitely one of the most overlooked NARS blushes.

on 11/15/2006 9:04:00 AM

This is the only Nars blush I have right now. I bought Nars sin, but it didn't work for me. Nars silvana is a nice peach color that gives me a sort of tan on my cheeks and really brings out the cheekbones.

Let me start by saying I am not a big fan of NARS blushes. For the most part, I am turned off by the chunky glitter and coarse feel of these powder blushes and the inconsistent pigment (some are OTT; others fade in minutes). Not to mention the colors- so many of which look artifical and ridiculous on women of a certain age (me.) I was looking for a cheaper replacement to my Armani #3 which has now smashed, inexplicably, in its case, on two separate occasions. So I brought the crumbs to the NARS counter and did a comparison and grabbed this as it was the closest match I could find. This is a fabulous blush and seems more finely milled than many of the others I've tried from NARS. I would call this a peachy tan neutral with barely perceptible shimmer. It's right up there with my other NARS faves- Gina and Zen. It is the perfect compliment to a smokey eye and/or a strong lip color, as it adds a bit of color without competing with your other makeup. 2 lippies off packaging because the matte rubber packaging to me is like touching a chalk board or something.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This blush is gorgeous. Shows up as a golden peach. Just beautiful. This is what I wanted MAC Sheertone Peaches to look like on me. Silvana gives me flushed healthy PRETTY glow on my MMM GGG skin. Stunning. If you have even a slight inkling to try NARS blushes--DO IT. There's something about them that will make you look so much more fabulous. Believe the hype! This and Deep Throat are the only blushes I will ever need. Fabulous, gorgeous, beautiful, natural...AMAZING! Run and get a NARS blush now.

on 8/6/2006 11:43:00 PM

I've finally found a peach blush that doesn't turn pink on me! It looks tan in the pan which initially made me think it would look muddy on, but it actually goes on peachy. I like it brushed lightly allover the face to warm up my skin or more heavily on the cheeks-very versatile, I'm glad I gave this one a try!

Popular Blush Products