Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

on 3/26/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample size in my Glossybox. I used it one day when I was too lazy to blowdry my hair. I used it to scrunch my waves/curls and then let it air dry. It has light hold and my waves/curls were perfectly formed with no frizz. The pump style packaging sucks. Attempting to use this pump with slick hands is annoying.

on 3/20/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used the original product which was not a leave in treatment but it was top notch for smoothing and moisturizing my fine, wavy colour treated hair. It just took all the frizz away in a way that was nourishing my hair. Then poof! it went off the market so I am ever so happy to see this new formulation as a leave in product. It only delivers the good stuff - moisture, shine, body and smoothness (bye, bye frizz) and none of the bad. It does not weigh my hair down or look greasy and build up. I bought the large bottle because I'm going to use it all and at $33. it will take at least ten years to use up because you only need a small amount. So sorry I didn't spot this product a few years ago when it first came out. It is truly in a class by itself.

I bought this product from my hairstylist, I fell in love with the fact my hair feels healthy, but it does cause my hair to look greasier sooner (even though I use about a dime size amount for my medium length hair) but overall, it smells good, makes my hair feel thick and healthy, and helps me ward off those awful split ends

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product takes me back to the 8th grade when I received this hair miracle for my birthday, back when it was packaged in a squeeze tube. I loved it then, but it became impossible to find anywhere in the small town I live in. Flash forward, ten years later I'm wandering through Sally's and see GVP version of this product. I literally cried inside because its exactly what my hair needed! Provides excellent moisture and shine to my curls without added weight or bulk. It smells great and a quarter sized amount is all I need for my long hair. Will gladly repurchase and this product is so good that I'm able to use it alone without any additional styling products. It's like having a cream, serum, and gel in one! HG for sure :)

on 2/11/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I forgot how much I love this in my curly hair. When I let my hair air dry (very rarely these days, though I think I discovered this product when my kids were quite young-infants/toddlers-and I had less time to spend on myself) I tend to like to use very little product when wet and then address the frizzy areas that need attention when it's dry. I hurt my wrist this week and had to forgo the blowdryer and found this in the back of my cabinet. I used a wide-tooth comb to work through about a dime size amount into my should blade length hair, let it air dry and it looked great! Frizz free curls and waves-a casual look for sure, but it looked pretty. I do remember that if I use too much it can get crunchy or weighed down, but that is something that applies to so many products that I use in this manner. I'm glad I found this again, I just may wear my hair curly a little more often...

on 2/11/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THE BEST!

I've been using this product for over 10 years and I keep going back again and again. This is the ONLY hair/beauty product that I've had a long-term relationship with. Here's whyy:

The perfect formula for keeping your curls moisturized and not crunchy is a 2:1 mix of Potion 9 and TIGI Curlesque Curl Cream.

I use this on towel dried hair either for wearing my hair curly or for straightening. I use 2 puumps ( I have long hair) so my hair stays moisturized. This works WITH other products - not the most fab when using alone but it enhances any straighting balm, curl cream, Etc...It's a wearable treatment and it really works!

Holy Grail, filled with Potion 9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used to steal this stuff from my mom 10 years ago when I was in grade school (it was in a squeeze tube back then) . I completely forgot it existed until I came across it again at my local pharma plus....i of course screamed in the store and bought it. I am in love. I will never go back to my moroccan, macadamia, or argan oils again. This product is great for thin hair, its not greasy, it smells good; and your hair INSTANTLY feels like silk. So happy I found this again!

on 10/2/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was given this product by my stylist after forcing him to over process my hair with bleach. The product he gave me is the potion 9 styling treatment (not sure of the other products). At first i was skeptical bc of the reviews saying it was sticky, tacky and did nothing. Also the color, orange! Why? Anyways at first i thought product was ok but now that i found the perfect times to use it, i love it! I will use it on my dmp hair after washing and before blow drying, or air drying. Also at night when my hair feels dry and brittle. It instantly detangles and adds moisture back into my hair! I rated lowest for price and packaging bc product was given to me

on 8/25/2012 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really do not understand what it makes. there are better leave on conditioners, better frizz easers, etc. I use it after straightening to frizz ease but bed head after party is better.

on 8/23/2012 5:27:00 PM

I don't get the love for this product. It makes my hair crunchy and stiff, it doesn't feel moisturized at all. Even the bottle doesn't say what it is for (maybe the orig. packaging did, if it had any?). Is it protein? Moisture? Heat protectant? Styling aid? ???

Popular Styling Products