April 20, 2014 | 1001 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ainacupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in a Burt's Bees sample set and have a 14g tube and have been using it in the past month or so. It has a herbally smell which did not turn me off but the greasy feeling after applying it that I don't like. It doesn't seem to be absorbed by the skin and just sits there till it is rubbed off when you use your hands. I actually see cream finger print marks on my keyboard after slathering this on! Considering how heavy this cream is I would expect my hands to be moisturised but unfortunately they are still dry and liney even after applying this. There are better hand lotions in the market, so far the L'Occitane shea butter hand cream is still the best for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by alex1974

Smells awful. Unbearably stinky, which is too bad because it moisturizes really well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this lotion many years ago as a foot cream & fell in love. Talk about super soft! That was a long time ago but I'd definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lolly2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is no need to use something that smells this bad. Awful! I bought a little travel size of this and I'm so thankful that I didn't commit to the full size. I'm using it on my feet so I don't have to get a whiff of that medicine, moth ball, grandma's attic smell.

It works ok. But I won't be back because there are things that work just as well with a good or no scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

I have hated this stuff for years. My mom uses it religiously and when they stopped stocking it at the drug store she bought every tube she could find. It smells terrible, like turpentine and citronella. The tube is stupid. It's hard to rub in at first. It's kinda pricey. It's bright yellow and gets everywhere.

But then I got the worst case of cracked/dry skin/eczema/dermatitis/whathaveyou on my hands and tried everything. Prescription steroid creams, cortisone ointment, neosporin, vaseline, wearing cotton gloves at night, expensive baby eczema lotion, emu oil. NOTHING worked and most of it just irritated my hands even more. I have scaly bumpy red patches that itch like crazy and hurt when they're not itching. There are red, bloody cracks on my hands and they just overall look like death.

I had a tube of this stuff from my Mom that's been sitting in my medicine cabinet for, oh, two years. Today I was playing with my son, and the skin on my hands hurt/itched so much, I thought, what the heck? I smeared the yellow goo all over my hands. It didn't sting at all! Within two hours I noticed my hands didn't hurt anymore and only itched slightly. Now, eight hours later and my hands are significantly improved in texture and feel. At this rate, the rash and irritation that I've had for four months will be gone in a week. I am impressed!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Lolak76

Burts's Bee's Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream: This hand cream has an impressive ingredient deck. Although its title implies it is a Shea Butter based hand cream, Shea butter isn't it's primary ingredient -- it's 7th in the ingredient deck. So, if you're looking for a hand cream that is primarily based in Shea butter, this probably isn't for you. That said, this product is definitely gets the job done in terms of moisturizing and protecting. It is thick with an almost whipped like consistency. It has a yellow butter like color and takes a few minutes to sink in. The scent is tough to take. It dissipates after a few minutes but not completely. I'm not sure if the scent is poor because of the way the ingredient scents interact with one another or if it is one scent that overpowers all the others. If they address the scent issue and make it more friendly to the nose, I think it could be one of the lines best sellers! I bought it locally for $12.99, but i have seen it cheaper online. As always it is 98% natural which is a big draw. A little goes a long way, so it will definitely last. If your sniffer & those around you can handle the initial hit of the herbal, spa like smell this is an amazing moisturizer. I would say for the price and all natural properties it is worth it give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by amysamm

This is my absolute favorite hand cream, hands down. The smell is strong, a herbal lavender scent, but I like it. I think if you are a "woods and resins" kind of scent-lover you'll like this. I get very dry, painful cuticles and this is the best hand cream I've tried that combats this. I don't find this greasy at all - soothing - takes a few minutes to absorb completely, but after that - soft, smooth, painfree hands! My other faves are L'Occitane and Herbacin, but this cream beats both.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by isenephthys

I purchased some tiny tubes of this creme 2 years ago as part of a party favor giftbag. Recently, I found a few leftover tubes. Surprisingly, the lotion has not degraded at all!

Yes, the smell is like a chemical lavender scent but it fades quickly. I'm a nurse, so I will try almost ANYTHING to help my soap-ravaged hands. This product moistens my skin quite well and absorbs in a reasonable amount of time. It's good stuff; give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ketalady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this does have a somewhat medicinal odor, but the odor wears off. the tube had to be smushed up a bit before i could use it because the oils had separated. this product is effective and contains natural ingredients. i find artificial scents to be much more offensive than the scent of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by pathvain1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. Yes, it stinks, and it also leaves your hands feeling greasy or like the product isn't settling into the skin very well. I put it on before bed, cover my hands with gloves, and I have very soft skin when I wake up. It's worth it. I've always had dry hands and I have tried EVERYTHING to soften them, this is the only product that works for me.