October 21, 2014 | 844 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by AGDMR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my sister with normal,but clogged pores skin began to use it (8 aha version) I saw the improvement on her face that I wantto get that thinner and smoothperfection so I began yet.reddish face yes but not extremeI bare and will try to handle it by a product.because worth.hope to continue.my sister had a few pimples at first so dont be afraid.
notr:in time my skin became more sensitized but I still go on but try to change my exfoliator(lancome combination)(before neostrata it wasnt harmful) or peeling(lancome purete

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by aminamalika

I am reviewing the Level 3 Oil-Free Smoothing lotion (non-daytime and non-SPF)

After reading the amazing reviews on MUA and other sites, I decided to implement this into my regiment. Some background: I have comedonal acne mostly on forehead and under eye areas (weird I know). I have used products with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide.. dermatolgist prescribed retina-a and clindoxyl (BP based). I recently found out about glycolic acid and it being an effective product for comedones, since it exfoliates and gets rid of clogged and dead skin cells.

Right now it's been almost 2 weeks and I am loving it so far! I see a difference in my skin and my comedones have already diminished in size!(more than 50%)

When you first use the product (like with many effective products) you are going to break out, also known as your skin "purging". This is completely normal for AHA products since they exfoliate and bring the new layer of skin to surface. After a day or so, my skin calmed down and I started to see better results. I recommend this for anyone suffering from comedones and blackheads, it really works!

I recently bought the Level 2 toner which also has 10%glycolic acid and 2% salicylic I'm excited to add that into my regiment and hopefully see better results.
My routine now:

-Wash with neutrogena oil free acne wash 2% salicylic
-Tone with Level 2 toner
-Moisturizer with Level 3 smoothing lotion
Sometimes spot treatment with clinidoxyl gel but I haven't done this in awhile since the lotion has been working for me not to do this

My next purchase will be the Level 3 oil free daytime Smoothing Lotion, which has the SPF15.

So far, neostrata is working great and I can't complain! If you have struggled with different products and medical ingredients, try this out. It is pricey at 38 bucks plus tax at shoppers drug mart BUT they go on sale often. Got my Toner on sale, actually, I think in this case, the benefits of this product definitely outweighs the cost.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by shi1

This is a review of the oil-free version. I am a changed person ever since I have started incorporating AHAs into my skincare routine. I was always acne prone, suffering from breakouts and enduring scars. With much trial and error I learned the needs of my skin so it had gotten to a "good" state, but once I started using AHAs my skin has REALLY cleared up. The little bumps under my skin have gone away and blemishes are pretty much strictly hormonal (and not severe). I tried using an AHA cleanser only which was good but I still noticed a few blemishes starting to form. I added this moisturizer back into my routine, and the blemishes never formed and just disappeared. It does have a bit of a vinegary odour and can tingle when applied but both go away quickly after application. It can cause the skin to pill so it may not be the best thing to wear under foundation. It can be drying for the skin so I think I may alternate moisturizers, but it is a good staple to have around, especially during breakouts. The price is slightly high but not too unreasonable. In Canada its available at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and it goes on sale for 30% off every now and then which makes the price more palatable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by rucci80

After battling adult acne for three years (never had a single breakout in my teens or twenties!) i have done everything known to mankind to help my skin heal and clear up.
Spent lots of money on chemical peels, every serum, lotion, precription acne lotions, benzac u name it.
After reading review i purchased this lotion and wow, what a change. It helped my acne clear up significantly, and scarring on my chin reduced.
At first the stinging was unbearable but i kept at it, and after three months i can honestly say its cleared 60% of my on going acne and scarring.
I use this with my clarisonic cleanser and lotion afterwards. The lotion absorbs faster than the cream. At $40 aussie dollars its worth it compared to the hundreds i spent on precription n expensive creams.
Only minus is that the lotion really smells n the stinging does subside after a few weeks. Bottle is huge so will last me at least 9 months.
Do try girls it saved me a fortune and it helped alleviate future breakouts and heal my skin! Recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by strawbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every night on my face and body. Brilliant stuff. Makes my skin brighter, whiter, smoother. Have used about 4 bottles and will continue to use! The price is around $25 which is extremely reasonable because the bottle lasts a while and it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by kelka

All I can say is wow. This is the first NeoStrata products I have tried.

I'm 27 now, and I suffer mild adult acne, redness, dry patches, oily t-zone, large pores, etc!

I've tried Retin A, Benzyl Peroxide, Mario Badescu Glycolic Face Wash, Cetaphil, you name it, and nothing has truly worked.

I bought the AHA 10% Lotion and the PHA 4% Facial wash, I use the facial wash in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia, then continue with pure (no alcohol or anything else) Aromatherpy Garden Witch Hazel, Dermologica Chroma White TRx c-12 Concentrate, Trilogy Organic pure Rosehip Oil, then the NeoStrata AHA 10% Lotion.

My skin is glowing, radiant, and just evenly toned, it looked better after the first night of using it (Girls I can't recommend Trilogy Rosehip Oil enough to help with this as well!)! As others said, I felt mild burning sensation, but no redness on the skin to indicate any bad reaction, so it is quite normal, and if anything it actually feels like it's doing something, which is a rewarding experience!

I really feel as if my acne pigmentation left behind from popping pimples etc, is really truly fading in conjunction with my routine. My skin feels like silk and not dry at all, though I did have some very small dry skin flaking around my nostrils, no biggy though!

This is a truly amazing product, as if the 4% facial wash, I can't recommend it enough to girls who suffer mild adult acne like myself! I didn't get the pump bottle here in Australia, just the 200ml with squeeze lid, which is a tad annoying compared to pump action, but minute to the excellence of this product.

It cost me $40 AUD at Chemist Warehouse, which some may say is quite expensive, but it's not expensive when it works, this is really worth so much more in what it does for your skin!

Do yourself a favor and give this AHA 10% Lotion a shot, you won't look back!! Thanks NeoStrata, another great American skincare line!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lanabanan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has impacted my skin more than any other product I've used in the last 10 years. It has cleared up my skin completely, especially the cystic acne I had developed. Miracle product, absolutely love it and will never, ever replace it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by evilfluffyducky

I've been using this for about one week now and my main complaint is that I didn't start using this earlier! All of my underskin bumps have started coming up to the surface and are healing just as quickly. I've had about 1-2 new pimples a day since starting to use this, but the next day the pimples are gone and my skin is smoother.

A few things to note:
- It does sting a little, but this only lasts for a couple of minutes. BUT be careful to give at least 24hrs after waxing/tweezing your eyebrows or it will burn like all hell.
- If you have sensitive skin and use a Clarisonic, it might be worthwhile using the brush in the morning and then AHA lotions in the evening. I found that using my Clarisonic immediately before the lotion made the stinging sensation unbearable.
- AHAs can agitate cold sores, so keep it away from the lips
- If you're having microdermabrasion sessions or chemical peels, ensure you stop using AHAs for a couple of days before the treatment and wait a few days before starting back on it again
- This treatment can accentuate dark undereye circles by making the skin around it look lighter (because the scars are fading and you're staying out of the sun)
- Make sure to wear sunscreen and reapply every 4 hours.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jenjenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would definately buy this product again. I have an acne prone skin, very oily in the T-zone, and sometimes dry... its weird... AND i have a bad face complexion because of acne scars and big pores. And trust me, I've tried many products. I used to use dermalogica and it was very pricey..$$$ But I this product isnt expensive at all and it works!! This cream made my skin so smooth and the color of my face looked brighter! And it kept my skin hydrated that my face was less oily in the morning. My face feels great every morning! AND I would use this cream instead of using the exfoliating face washes because the micro beads really dont do much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

This product has changed my complexion completely! For the better of course! I suffered from acne and it has only recently been under control. Nothing but the occasional pimple here and there now. Hooray! It has been a month and I still and believe will continue to only use this once a day at night despite recommended to use both am and pm daily after 2 weeks of use. My skin has never felt smoother and my scars are fading rapidly. It does sting a little but nothing unbearable. I can't imagine this for day use under make up but for a night moisturiser, it's very moisturising and keeps my skin smooth and definitely helps fade post acne scars. Definitely a staple as it's so effective and is very affordable.