April 23, 2014 | 1798 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neostrata - Smoothing Lotion - AHA 10

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lanabanan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has impacted my skin more than any other product I've used in the last 10 years. It has cleared up my skin completely, especially the cystic acne I had developed. Miracle product, absolutely love it and will never, ever replace it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by evilfluffyducky

I've been using this for about one week now and my main complaint is that I didn't start using this earlier! All of my underskin bumps have started coming up to the surface and are healing just as quickly. I've had about 1-2 new pimples a day since starting to use this, but the next day the pimples are gone and my skin is smoother.

A few things to note:
- It does sting a little, but this only lasts for a couple of minutes. BUT be careful to give at least 24hrs after waxing/tweezing your eyebrows or it will burn like all hell.
- If you have sensitive skin and use a Clarisonic, it might be worthwhile using the brush in the morning and then AHA lotions in the evening. I found that using my Clarisonic immediately before the lotion made the stinging sensation unbearable.
- AHAs can agitate cold sores, so keep it away from the lips
- If you're having microdermabrasion sessions or chemical peels, ensure you stop using AHAs for a couple of days before the treatment and wait a few days before starting back on it again
- This treatment can accentuate dark undereye circles by making the skin around it look lighter (because the scars are fading and you're staying out of the sun)
- Make sure to wear sunscreen and reapply every 4 hours.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jenjenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would definately buy this product again. I have an acne prone skin, very oily in the T-zone, and sometimes dry... its weird... AND i have a bad face complexion because of acne scars and big pores. And trust me, I've tried many products. I used to use dermalogica and it was very pricey..$$$ But I this product isnt expensive at all and it works!! This cream made my skin so smooth and the color of my face looked brighter! And it kept my skin hydrated that my face was less oily in the morning. My face feels great every morning! AND I would use this cream instead of using the exfoliating face washes because the micro beads really dont do much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

This product has changed my complexion completely! For the better of course! I suffered from acne and it has only recently been under control. Nothing but the occasional pimple here and there now. Hooray! It has been a month and I still and believe will continue to only use this once a day at night despite recommended to use both am and pm daily after 2 weeks of use. My skin has never felt smoother and my scars are fading rapidly. It does sting a little but nothing unbearable. I can't imagine this for day use under make up but for a night moisturiser, it's very moisturising and keeps my skin smooth and definitely helps fade post acne scars. Definitely a staple as it's so effective and is very affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the Smoothing lotion level 3 in Canada. I use this on my face a 2-3 times a week at night time. It works to help clear up acne that is starting to form and exfoliate my skin. Compared to Reversa, it is stronger (10%) and not as thick, so it works well for my combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Well it looks like people are reviewing the Oil Free Level 3 along with this one which is the American version I think. So the Oil Free Level 3 Smoothing lotion is the one I want to review. It is awesome!!! Even Paula from Paula's choice rates it highly. It is so smoothing and feels really nice. So happy I tried it. I have been using Neostrata for many years, but this product is now one of my favourites! It is similar to one they had many years ago for oily skin. The texture is almost gel like. I will update about how my skin looks in a few weeks. For me the important this is that it doesn't make me break out or irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually love this day lotion. I normally am combination oily skin but I find that the creme texture of this works pretty well. I use the day smoothing creme spf 15 during the day and the regualr on in the jar at night. So far, I've noticed my skin being more brighter, even toned and soooo smooth! I love this and actually am starting to try more products from this line. Great price too...I think it is around $38! I did feel a mild tingling sensation the first few times I used this but it went away pretty fast! The only down side is that when I put my foundation on, some of the product "pills" off but I'm pretty much over that since it works so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by coldshoulders

This product has done so much for my skin. It has gone from dull with enlarged pores and frequent breakouts to clear and glowing. I feel more attractive now then I did in my late 20's. I wouldn't be without this product. I do get the occasional zit, but nothing like I used to. I use neostrata glycolic body lotion on my shoulders and back and they are smooth and touchable as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lamontsmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I’m on day 7 of using the NEOSTRATA LEVEL 3 SMOOTHING CRÈME and I have to say, I’m really starting to notice a difference. Big time!

I’m applying it morning and evening.

Day 1-3 – Significant stinging when applied after cleansing and toning.
Day 4-7 – Moderate stinging applied after cleansing and toning.

I wanted to try the lotion, particularly because I have an oily T-Zone and along with some deep acne along my ‘sideburn-esque’ area, but I was afraid the lotion would ‘pill’ as others have commented, due to the SPF … (I’ve had this problem with other products before). However, as the dry cold weather approaches, coupled with the fact that I haven’t found a suitable moisturizer yet, I figured I’d try the richer crème.

It does leave my face a bit shiny if I apply too much and/or I don’t rub it in enugh … which takes a while. But, I’m getting used to the application process.

OK – So, the skinny on the NEOSTRATA LEVEL 3 SMOOTHING CRÈME … for me ...

I did break out somewhat by day 3-4, particularly around my mouth/chin and under my nose. By yesterday, that had cleared and I’m now left with very clear skin in this area. Also broke out a little on my cheeks, near my smile lines. I think I’m putting too much product here as well, or, it’s “pooling” – so I will pay closer attention to this. The acne along my “sideburn’ area is WAY less pronounced and the skin, much softer. I hasn’t completely disappeared, but it’s much better. Ooverall, I am happy with the results. I haven't experienced the flakyness others have mentioned.

Here is my twice Daily regime:

• Cleanser – Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Scrub
• Toner – Clarins – Gentle Toner
• Moisturizer - Neostrata Level 3 Smoothing Crème
• Soon to add – NEOSTRATA - SKIN RENEWAL PEEL SOLUTION – 3-5 times per week.

INote: ’m open to suggestions to changing cleanser or toner – so if anyone reads this and has a suggestion – feel free to let me know. Also, I'm not wearing an SPF at the moment so I may have to look into this soon.

Shoppers Drug Mart had a 30% off sale on Neostrata this week so I also picked up the SKIN RENEWAL PEEL SOLUTION … Will be trying it this weekend and report back. I got both products for 85$ which is amazing!

I'm going to continue on with the creme until the bottle is done and will update at that time - likely 3 months. I also look forward to reporting on the peel. I have high hopes for it - as it has such great reviews!

My only concern is that with all this exfoliation I'm doing (which I've desperatly needed) is that I'm RE NOURISHING my skin ... IAgain, suggestions as to what might be a good choice for a 40+, relatively wrinkle free, t-zone combo skin, person like myself, greatly appreciated!

thanks!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by susan5036

This cream totally saved my skin. My skin is combination, sensitive and acne-prone and it will break out like insane if use wrong products. This AHA 10 Lotion totally cleared my pimples in 2weeks and fade the scar faster. I also recommend one of my friends who had cystic acne all over her face and it worked on her skin so perfectly as well in 1 month. Now she is acne free and the scar is fading as well. I cant live without it.