Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 3/15/2015 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this pressed powder! I'm a bit on the oily side. My nose gets oily the quickest so whenever i use Stay Matte my skin just looks flawless. The powder keeps me shine-free and it doesn't irritate my skin. I use this with a powder puff and press the product on my T-zone. It keeps my face matte for hours! I only reapply around 2 times a day. I'll definitely buy again

on 3/14/2015 1:15:00 AM

Ughhh... not again. Another face product that totally did not do it for me. I am not blaming it. I'm just annoyed that my skin is soooo PICKY! This powder is awesome, except for one little ting it made me broke out and I have come to the conclusion that it's the petrolatum and mineral oil in there. Me and those two ingredients do not go together. I was so excited that by the time I read the ingredients it was too late. I got the one in sandstorm(such a beautiful name) and the color was great. I would recommend this to any one who is okay with mineral oil and petrolatum. :)

on 3/11/2015 4:11:00 PM

Hands down Drugstore powder honestly Ive tried a variety of drugstore powders and this has been my favorite and the only product Ive given five stars, keeps my face matte, prolonges my foundation, minimizes the appearance of pores, its just amazing I really recommend it!

on 3/8/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really hopeful that this product was going to work for me after reading so many rave reviews about it.

I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone and wear NC35 in MAC concealer/foundation. I chose the shade Silky Beige. The color match was fine. This is a very sheer powder so no problems there.

This didn't do much in terms of oil control. After about 2 hours, my nose and the surrounding area were very oily. FWIW, I wear sunscreen (Neutrogrena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch) under my makeup.

The finish on this powder just plain sucks. It enhances dry patches and pores. It looks powdery and potentially very cakey if used to set medium to full coverage concealer or foundation.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Compact

Cons:
- Enhances dry skin and pores
- Doesn't control oil very well
- Can look cakey over heavier coverage concealers/foundations
- Packaging is flimsy--cover is prone to breakage and doesn't close securely

Neutral:
- There are sparkles in it but I don't notice them on my face after application

This product is being banished to my emergency make-up drawer. As my replacement powder, I bought the Chanel Universelle Libre Loose Powder which may or may not be an alternative for you since it's $52. I guess you get what you pay for.

on 3/5/2015 10:32:00 PM

So awesome. And so cheap. Have tried some more expensive powders, but haven't found one better than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good but not great setting powder, it dosent last all day on me, i have to powder up mid day. I have 001 Transparent, and i love the way it looks on my skin, it makes it look smoother and natural matte without that fake powder look that i hate.

A very good powder i just wish it would hold on longer on my skin but its one of the best i have found yet, but the hunt for the perfect setting powder is still on.

on 2/28/2015 4:26:00 PM

Very nice pressed powder! It does not cake up on me and it adds a nice finish to my bb cream and concealer. I will buy this again:)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Works pretty well. I really don't like the packaging tho; I can't bring it while traveling or just out because the top is always off.

on 2/20/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This product is okay. I have oily/combo skin and this product did the job but made my skin look slightly cakey. It has soo much shimmer and thats why I dont really love it and it makes me look like a disco ball. Its alright when i dont have anything else. I wouldnt re purchase ):

on 2/17/2015 9:46:00 PM

Honestly don't understand the hype about this. I usually only get oily around my nose but when I use this, it doesn't stay on as long as it does for other people. I've tried it with and without a primer and with and without liquid foundation and after about 4-5 hours, my nose is so oily. The packaging is pretty cheap. The top part of it has cracked and i haven't dropped it yet. I used the shade 004 Sandstorm and 001 Transparent (or Translucent) and I don't see a difference. However, I love the way it looks on my skin though. It makes my skin feel and look smoother, which I really like. I don't know how to feel about this. If it stayed on longer for me as it does for others, it would be my HG.

Video Reviews & Tutorials