July 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by swthunni3x

Definitely my fave drugstore pressed powder. It's inexpensive and stays matte for many hours which are good enough reasons for me to continue to repurchase. Only bad thing I can think of is the flimsy packaging (oh well that's probably why its so cheap) and the limited colour range

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by TracyBays

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I struggle with my skin tone being "Elmer's glue white" because I refuse to tan. I love the face that the 001 fits my skin so well! It has been the only drugstore brand besides cover girl (and even it is a bit dark) that fits me! It's perfect. And for 4$? I will defiantly buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mschristinex

I decided to buy this product because so many youtube beauty gurus are always raving about it constantly. Obviously the packaging looks totally different now from the picture on the site. BUT ANYWAYS I love the matte finish you get from this powder. I've tried a bunch of powders and none of them come close to this one. I've used Chanel, Sephora, Revlon, and Dior pressed powders and none of them come close to this one! Wherever I go so many people ask me what I do to make my face look so smooth and I tell them it's this powder. The only cons I have about this product is the packaging. It's alright but I hate how it doesn't come with a small brush or anything to apply it. I also hate how it doesn't have a mirror for when I'm on the go. I don't bring this product with me because I would have to carry a brush with me all the time. I do suggest this product for dry to normal skin only because I've heard it slides off oily faces. But overall I truly love this powder and will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i've been using chanel pressed powder for daily touch up.....it was okay but as the weather gets hotter, that powder is too sheer and doesn't control oil at all.....one day i was just in wal mart and desided to pick this up since it's really inexpensive compare to chanel......i wasn't really having high hopes from it but just curious........besides the crappy package.....it really does its job..........today i was shopping in an outlet mall all day with 30 oC and up weather....i only touched up once before i started shopping and once during......my t-zone was not greasy when i finished after 6 hours......and i like how it has a tiny bit of coverage coz my nose is always red and it's the area that makeup fades off the most..........it's also important not to over applied because it can look very thick....use a brush instead of sponge will solve the problem.....so far this is the only drug store powder that works for me and i'm happpy......highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

What i like of this powder is the colour range,i found mine and suit me ok but....dont keep the shine at bay!after 1hour i need to retouch!my skin is just combo not too oily at all.dont do the job forme.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Being as fair as I am, it's a constant struggle finding face products to suit my pale skin tone. The powder I was using to set my BB/TM was seemingly discontinued, and thus entered Rimmel Staye Matte 001 Translucent. It's perfect. Some face powders that I've used in the past that claim to be "translucent" somehow are way too dark for me, or literally do nothing to set my face. Not this. I press the powder into my skin with a (separately bought) powder puff, and I can visually see the powder covering my skin, which I like. It's nice and light and provides just a wee bit of coverage while blending seamlessly into my skin. I have oily skin on most of my face, and I wore this in the summer in high humidity, and this wore as great as MAC Blot on me (while not being as heavy). I also asked my boyfriend "is my face the right color? I used that new powder" at the end of the day after wearing it in front of him for hours, and he replied that he didn't even notice I changed powder, and that my skin looked like it usually does. SCORE. Shade match. Holds my oil reasonably. Cheap. Great find. Shit packaging, though. It doesn't come with a powder puff, so if you're not going to be using a brush, you need to buy your own.

EDIT:// Woah, woah, woah. So the longer I use this product, the worse it seems to preform. I'm a greasy, greasy, mess with product sliding all over my face within a few hours when using this to set my tinted moisturizer/BB cream. This also makes my skin look caked up and "makeupy". Awful. So disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Check mine out on youtube, I think videos convey easier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Translucent which is the most yellow one although it's VERY light. I like it. It's finely milled and pigmented. So far so good, it's keeping me matte and sets my makeup very nicely. Packaging sucks and I wont be carrying it with me because the top will come apart and of course, no applicator, no mirror.... But I use it first thing in the morning and go. Don't need to reapply during the day and if I get a tad oily I can just use blotting paper on my nose and be fine. Overall yes I like and will repurchase. They should come up with more shades though as I imagine I got lucky with this being yellow but when I look at the others, really not that much of a selection shade wise. It's cheap too so I like that. Is it the best? No. But does the job adequately so I'm not mad. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hands down my absolute favourite powder. I get this in the shade 005 silky beige and I usually use it as an everyday powder replacement for foundation, or when I do wear foundation/bb cream as a setting powder. it makes your skin so matte and does last a long time! I do usually have to touch up at around 5pm after I did my makeup at about 7am, so very Long wearing. literally just my favourite powder out there and I will continue to use until.....idk when i will stop. I guess when they don't make it anymore. BUY IT. TRY IT. LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by xmakeuphoarderx

My drugstore ran out of the translucent shade, so I just went for the darkest shade they had available. Still too light for my skintone and made me look like a ghost in flash pics. If Rimmel decided to add some darker shades, I'd definitely repurchase. I liked how it set my makeup while it never made me look cakey. I wouldn't say it was an all-day matte finish, because I was a little bit shiny after 4 hours. I'd like to note that this powder definitely has a little scent, but it isn't bad-smelling. In fact, I like the scent. The only thing I truly hate about this powder is the packaging, which is atrocious. I would never throw this in my bag for fear of breakage. Repackage this, and it would most likely be my HG drugstore powder.