October 31, 2014 | 923 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaJduffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily skin, this product when I first applied it, looked great and so natural, it really minimised my pores.
I needed to re apply after about 2 hours, it doesn't hold oil well and it got cakey after i re applied.

The packaging is small and compact but it breaks easily so be careful.

Overall, this product cakes and is good for people will combination skin, I wouldn't recommend it for oily/very oily skin, re applying causes caking and an un-natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by SuiteFrancaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is AMAZING. Does it exactly what the name says. Love it! Makes skin look matte, without looking caky or powdery. Awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in the transparent shade to set my concealers. Left a white cast on my face and was pretty worthless at controlling oil. Ya get what ya pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a decent powder, I mainly use it if I have a really oily day or even if my skins dry I use it for under eye setting powder and it does a pretty good job and I feel like this contaimer could last awhile cuz a little goes a long way. I have the shade "Sandstorm" and its a good match, I also payed about $4.00 so that's a plus. overall a good powder and I see it being very good for really oily skin types. I will keep using til I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by courtneyswailes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the powder I have been using since Maybelline discontinued their dream matte pressed powder. It is not my favourite powder I have used but it is worth the price when bought on sale. This does give off a matte finish but could be more of a full coverage and last longer. I use it in conjunction with Revlon colour stay whipped foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by zaprina

I enjoy using this product. I have combination - oily skin. It helps me stay matte (with a good foundation) it doesn't make me look super cakey. I am fixing to buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kthen305

I love love love this powder. It's absolutely amazing. It's pretty much always hot where I live and my makeup never used to last long because of the weather. This piece of gem has totally changed my life. I use it everyday.

Pros:
1) Amazing price
2) Helps makeup last longer
3) Did not break me out
4) Controls sweat even on the hottest weather days
5) Good shade range for light skin tone
6) No irritating smell
7) Blends like a dream with pretty much any tool - brush or a sponge
8) Doesn't make you look cakey
9) Won't settle into fine lines

Cons:

1) Not enough shades for dark skin tones
2) Not enough coverage
3) Accentuates dry patches - but you can use a moisturizer for this one.

I have nothing else to say. I am in love with this product. And I would definitely recommend you guys to try this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

Let me just say- this packaging seriously sucks. But it's a drugstore product and pretty cheap so whatever, I guess you can't have it all. But this powder is amazing. Sets my foundation, keeps me matte, and doesn't look cakey. For about $5-6 you can't beat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by AndaJean

Thought it would be a HG, but was really disappointed. Made my large pores appear LARGER, and looked like a layer of film over my face. I looked like I'd gotten the worst night of sleep in my life. Also, the packaging is utterly horrible - lid falls off, plastic is brittle, not purse-friendly. Actual HGs: Revlon Colorstay pressed translucent. Also MUFE HD finishing powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by florator14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not the worst powder I've ever tryed, but I can imagine a better one. My skin is very oily and I've got acnes, too. When I used it with a mattifying BB cream my face stays matte for about 5 hours, but with a normal foundation or a cc cream wich is not mattifying is not suggested to wear. It doesn't keep my face matte longer than 2 hours. Wearing it along with the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation was a total disaster, but it was the foundation's fault I suppose. However, it gives some coverage, too, and it smells good. Actually it feels good enough on the skin.