Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this is the shade sandy beige for about $6.99 CAD. My problem with this powder is that it didn't keep me matte for very long! I got oily around the 4 hour mark. My skin is pretty oily, but I was expecting more from this powder because it's name is "stay matte". I like it as a setting powder and it looks good when you first apply it. Maybe it's just because I don't like powders that you need to touch up with during the day because I'm just too lazy to, or it's my foundations problem. I will inevitably use blotting sheets throughout the day at least twice. Nevertheless, I will keep repurchasing it until I find something better. I'll try to use a full matte foundation with oil control claims with the powder and I might change my mind. I use a bb cream under it daily.

Good powder for setting makeup! Only have been used it for a few days, and seem to do its trick. I apply this all over my face especially in my t zone area where it's more oily. Last a lot longer than I thought (more than 5 hours), it's perfect for school of work!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This did wonders for my very oily skin. I wasn't expecting much since it is so affordable, but it actually controls my shine all day, I rarely re apply it. The colour range seems really nice too, my only problem with this product is the packaging, it looks cheap, it's not that easy to use and it doesn't have a mirror, and it will probably break if you toss it in your bag. Other than that, it's a great product for people with oily skin, definitely will be buying this again.

I bought this on sale a while ago for around $7-$9 Australian. Little to no smell, the powder didn't come off too thick or thin, and it was truly matte. Unfortunately, the packaging isn't sturdy. Dropped this on my vanity (a fall of about one foot) and the lid cracked, and the powder was no longer "pressed". The lid still works, it just comes off very easily.

My skin didn't have a reaction to it, and it seemed to last most of the day without getting oily. I wouldn't class this powder as translucent, despite the shade I got was labelled as such. It was still pretty orange on me, though I liked that as it counteracted my pink undertones, preventing me from looking like a tomato. With the right liquid foundation, you should be fine.

I'm not a huge fan of this. While it is cheap and does sort of work, I would say that it's just not good enough for how I want to use it. With a pressed powder, I want to be able to carry it around and touch up any oiliness that pops up throughout the day. I can't do that with this because the packaging is awful- the lid always breaks and then powder goes everywhere. This would be much better as a compact, like the Too Faced pressed powder.

So if I can't use the powder to touch up, I at least want to be able to set my makeup with it so that I don't get as oily in general. When this says 4 hours, it means maybe 4 hours if you're lucky (if you have oily skin). I tend to get kind of oily around three-ish, and it looks like I didn't put any powder on at all at four. The Coty Airspun loose face powder makes it closer to five or six hours before I really feel like blotting or touching up, so this is really not great in that category either.

The colors didn't really seem to matter that much; they weren't very pigmented. There is also a faint, barely noticeable sparkle to it, similar to the Revlon HD powder.

I do still recommend it to people who are looking for a really easy to find drugstore powder (mostly people new to makeup or have less oily skin), but I don't use mine- the only one of several that I used to have which still has a fully intact lid- myself unless I can't find my other powders.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very good powder,nothing fancy about it , doesn't give a coverage (it doesn't suppose to do so it's a mattifying powder) , lives up to it's claims. Mine is in pink blossom 02 i don't find it very pigmented enough to give coverage, has a soapy scent which is not overpowering. I need to touch up after 5 hours. With it's price you can't go wrong.

Awesome powder for a great price!

Holy grail powder! This is the only thing that keeps my t-zone oil free and matte. It stays true to its claim and only keeps the oil at bay for 5 hours but with a little touch up its perfectly fine. It doesn't look caked up and has a wide range of shades.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i bought in the shade transparent, tried it on my t zone mostly, and it does not make any mattifying happen. it keeps me matte for max 3 hours

I have this in either a translucent or beige, and I wasn't impressed. I remember putting it on my forehead (high shine area) and it didn't last an hour, and I'm indoors. I find this just like any other pressed powder out there, but it is cheap.

Video Reviews & Tutorials