Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 8/15/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First off, the packaging is terrible but I can easily look past that for a nice product. I use this to set my under eyes and to mattify my nose. I don't find it looks cakey, so long as I don't go too heavy handed. This has been my mum's powder for years, so it's also a little nostalgic for me. I love this stuff! I have it in translucent and I would like to try some of the coloured powders later on.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I used to use this powder very frequently (in the color translucent) but I am no longer a fan of it. I think it looks quite cakey, and frankly the scent of it turns me off to it completely. I now use Maybellline Fit Me Matte + Poreless, which works a lot better and comes with a mirror!

I usually have to touch up my make up when I'm out for the whole day but this has literally saved me the time for touching up throughout the whole day. I do get oily at the T-zone at times but as long as I add this powder to my make up routine, I don't have to touch up the whole day and it stayed on throughout the whole day. But packaging can be improve, I dropped my powder and the plastic case cracked and it won't help to cover the powder anymore. But still, it definitely worth the money and I would repurchase once I use finish my current one!

on 8/13/2015 12:05:00 AM

I love this powder for so many reasons. It's cheaper than dirt (no really, have you bought potting soil recently?) and the Transparent shade is light enough for me, Casper the Friendly NW10. It has a little coverage, so do try to find a similar match to your skin tone. The packaging sucks, which has been stated again and again, but the pan is the size of old vintage compacts (57 mm), so if you feel like getting crafty, you can use heat to depot this and put it into s beautiful compact to take with you. I placed mine in an Art Deco style Stratton compact and carry it in my purse. Now it's beautiful and functional!

on 8/12/2015 11:55:00 PM

I love this powder, I've used many different powders
trying to find one that actually works for me, keeps my makeup matte but not dry and flaky and doesn't look chalky or caked on. I picked up this powder a few days ago and have used it every day since, and even got a few comments on how well my makeup looked and stayed on. Also does not have an odor which is a plus.
Will definitely buy again.

I use powder on a daily basis along with concealer/foundation. This is one of my favorites.

I have quite oily, acne prone skin, so I'm always looking for a nice, matte powder. This powder sets my other makeup well and provides a beautiful matte finish. Not flat, cakey, or chalky. Also, my brush picks up a lot of product.

Not super long lasting however. Last about 5 hours completely matte. Although, that is the amount of time the powder claims to last, so my five stars stand. If you have normal to dry skin it will probably stay matte for longer.

Overall, great powder, give it a try! P.S. my shade is in 003 natural ;)

I just ran out to CVS to purchase a pressed powder because I wear foundation and I sweat SO much. Whenever I go out, I would start sweating in seconds and I would sometimes rub my face or wipe it with a napkin to get the sweat off, which leads to me wiping the foundation/concealer off as well. I wear concealer to cover up my acne scars so when I wipe it off, my acne scars start to show which I hate. So I finally decided that I will get a pressed powder, which all of my friends and the internet suggest. I'm on budget so I looked online for cheap pressed powders. I came across this one and the ELF Studio High Definition Loose Powder and read both of the reviews on here. I was just at CVS and had a hard time deciding which one to purchase, since they both overall had good ratings and the price was the same ($6). But I read over the reviews once again while I was there, and most of them stated that the ELF studio hgh definition loose powder leaves a white cast when taking pictures with flash, but the reviews for the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder had no complaints on that whatsoever. So I decided to get it. I came home, I was sweating all over, I wiped the sweat off, washed my face, reapplied my makeup (Im going out after this), and after I was done with everything, I applied the powder on with a kabuki brush and boy! Was I happy. This product not only minimizes the appearance of pores, it also gives your soin a soft look. It doesn't look oily, or took caked up. It's perfect. I've only had this on for about 2 hours and I'm already in LOVE with it. For my first time using pressed powder, I am very impressed. I would defintely reccomend this and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 8/11/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for yearsss....
this literally lasts forever and doesnt ever go bad....
i have very dry skin and this has never made me break out.
im sure its not the best pressed powder in the world but for the price its pretty damn good!

on 8/9/2015 11:02:00 AM

This was my HG matte powder for a long time. It's usually recommended to people as a go to cheap powder for oily skin. I thought I liked this, but I realized there are a lot of downsides. First of all, the packaging is horrible. The lid cracks very easily and it's really fragile so you can't travel with it. Second of all, I think it was breaking me out. I think my acne cleared up a lot after discontinuing use of this product. Lastly, it looked unnatural on my skin. I used the translucent color and it looked very cakey on my skin, even when using a setting spray. I now use a Neutrogena one or Maybellline Fit Me Matte + Powerless powder. I would not repurchase, even though it is so cheap.

on 8/6/2015 11:27:00 AM

Another drugstore product that i love. I don't normally repeatedly buy drugstore products unless they really work for me. This product is one of those products. I've tried many pressed powders, and this one, hands down the best for me. It feels so soft going on my skin. I normally apply it on top of my liquid foundation with a kabuki brush and it does give it that flawless finish. It has a 6-8 hour lasting power for me, and I mean... This product could easily be put into your purse with a brush and reapplied anywhere if needed. The thing with pressed powders is, I hate how most of them rub of on clothing. I hate having stained collars due to pressed powder. This product i have no issues with. I normally use the shade transparent cause I don't need to worry about shade matching, however i've used some other shades and they are also great and don't rub off. For a cheap drug store product, it's rather impressive and when i run out, I always go get more. I probably have purchased this product 12 times...... Meaning, it really does work for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials