September 22, 2014 | 834 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been using this hand cream for at least 10 years and it is the best out there. It's a bit pricey but its worth it. Check out QVC though, they run specials on this with sets and other values.

Very moisturizing and thick. It's real shea and natural ingredients. It smells clean and stays on for hours. This will really hydrate any dry or cracked hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by mguillergan

THE best hand cream out there. My hands get very dry, especially with the drastic weather changes on the West Coast.

Pros:
+Really moisturizes even the driest hands and absorbs quickly
+Great mini-sizes available for my desk/purse

Cons:
+It's like squeezing toothpaste out of the tube when it's almost done

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jinxybells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first hand cream I've used that I actually love! My line of work requires me to wash my hands a lot and use tons of alcohol rub, which while keeps your hands very sterile, also dries them out immensely quickly, even more so in the dryness of European winters!

I was getting pretty desperate to find a hand cream that would actually lock in moisture and help heal my skin (which was painfully cracking at the knuckles) when a friend recommended the L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream. It was a little pricey (I think I got mine for about 25 Euro for a 150ml tube), but I decided to give it a go.

Best decision ever! I quickly massaged it into my hands before I headed to work, and midway through my second hour (after tons of hand-washing), I realized that my hands still felt quite smooth and I felt less pain in my knuckles.

This thing really does what it says: it hydrates and moisturizers like no other. If you have hands that don't respond to anything else, give this a go. Also, just apply a pea-sized amount to the back of both hands, then slowly massaged it out, topping up with another pea-sized amount if you don't have enough to cover your hands. They absorb in about 2 minutes, leaving behind a pleasant satin-like finish on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by DianaMahr

The best hand cream i've ever had !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

Absolutely love this hand cream. I have no idea what previous reviews are taking about because the smell is so nice. The cream itself is very thick but absorbs into your skin so fast. It is very moisturizing and makes my hands glow. The price is a bit on the expensive side but all L'occitane products are fair trade and use no harmful chemicals, everything is natural. This is an amazing product and i will repurchase, but the big size tube lasts so long i wont need to for a while!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviews that state this cream is overpriced and the scent is hard to stand. Luckily, I bought a small size to try out per a recommendation of a classmate. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I have been a loyal Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream user for years, but I've heard loads about the L'Occitane ones. Some have told me that L'Occitane is even better than C&E hand creams and now that I've had the chance to try them, here are my thoughts.

The cream itself is nice. It has a thick consistency, and it has a lovely silky finish. It is thicker than C&E, and the results are pretty similar in terms of how moisturizing it is. It relieves any flaky dryness, and like the C&E, I never suffer from hangnails. It doesn't leave a greasy finish.

HOWEVER, the scent is really really strong. I have this in the original scent, as well as two holiday scents and they are all strongly fragranced. So much so, that I have given them away. I work in an office at a desk, and when I wear this the scent drives my nose crazy.

In conclusion, its a really nice cream but unfortunately the scent is just too strong to tolerate. If you can find a scent that you like, or if you like strong fragraces then give it a go!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an incredibly rich and creamy hand lotion, perfect for those days when your hands are so dry, they are either cracking, peeling, flaking, etc. This soothes and smooths almost immediately. I don't really care for the shea scent on this one, but I deal with it because the lotion really does the trick when your hands need it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by coffeeandcream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very moisturizing, however the overpowering fragrance and high pricetag is a turnoff. The scent reminds me of some sort of baby powder product. It's a shame because this did a really nice job at moisturizing my dry winter hands and cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lissa2m

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy this for my mum (age 69) and she loves it. Shes been using this for 8 months already. It makes her hand smooth and reduces her wrinkles. Shes now on her second tube.