L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm on my third tube. I buy one every year and I love the smell of this lotion.
It is a non-greasy texture and it really works nice on my hands.
My hand are not super dry. A friend of mine has very very dry hands and for her it is insufficient.

I have extremely dry hands because I'm a somewhat obsessive hand washer. So I need a really good hand cream. This one is well known, but it is far from the best. Although it works pretty well, it is heavily perfumed, and the fragrance is unpleasant. It is also very sticky.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this hand cream . If you hands are dry this is the one , the Shea butter really soften your hands .

Best hand cream. Ever. I am on my second tube and I absolutely will buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

doesn't like the smell of sheer butter, not for me

This hand cream is expensive (12+Tax). If you go to a Korean makeup store, you can buy 4 hand creams for $12. And if you go to The Body Shop, you can get a hand cream (triple the size) for $10.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is amazing for dry skin. Works great and has a nice subtle smell.
I have dry itchy skin especially on my hands in the winter time and this works amazing every time. Even after i wash my hands it still feels moisterised and soft. Definitely can't go wrong with this.

Is it sad that I'm bothered by how quickly this absorbs? It absorbs disturbingly quickly. I get rash-like dry patches across my knuckles and on my wrists, so what I end up doing is applying extra to these spots.

Overall, this hand cream is the best I've ever used. Not at all greasy. It lasts through wearing gloves and washing your hands. 100%! It's impressive. I don't like the smell, as it's kind of a baby powder smell. That's purely my own taste, though. The best thing about this hand cream is that isn't purely a quick-fix type of product -- it genuinely improves your hands long term. Sometimes I'll get fissures across my knuckles, and this cream has never irritated them. It heals them faster.

The price isn't terrifying because this lasts for a super long time. It's really quite economical :) You only need to use a little bit, and the tube is surprisingly large. Too large to be carried around.

It's the absolute best hand cream that I've found yet, and probably the only one that I will ever repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a mini of this hand cream in a holiday trio gift set (it came with Rose and Honey also), and I've been slowly using it up since Christmas. As a hand cream, I'd say it's an average-performing, luxury product. I do not have particularly dry skin, nor do I have eczema or anything like that, but t does moisturize my hands (and elbows). To be honest I wouldn't pay more than $8 for a full-size version. I enjoy the signature L'Occitane scent but if I had a full-size I would definitely be sick of it. In terms of packaging, the metal tube is sleek and chic, but a flip-top lid would be nice because I have definitely dropped the cap several times. I'm glad I only have the mini, and I wouldn't repurchase. FWIW, I'm a cheapie and buy a lot of drugstore travel-size hand creams to throw in my bag -- they all work just fine.

$12.00 for a 1 oz metal squeeze tube at Sephora.com

I love how moisturising and fast drying this hand cream is but I'm not a fan of the smell. I have tried a lot of L'occitane hand creams an this is my least favourite scent. I love the cherry blossom and the lavender versions (and the now discontinued violet and coco versions). I got a handbag size one of this at christmas with a gift box and have passed this to my husband. He gets a very dry flakey forehead as he rubs at it when he stressed or concentrating. This cream works wonders on his forehead skin. I would say it is very thick and not good to use on your face but if you have a problematic area with really dry flaky skin then a little bit of this should clear it up in one or two applications. I have also used it under my nose after a cold (when you got horrible dry, peeling skin from blowing your nose a lot) and this cleared it up in a day. Overall great product - just not for me scent wise but they do have a lot of varieties to chose from so I don't miss out.