L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

on 12/11/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best hand cream for me. I love the scent, it is rich but not greasy, and lasts longer than other hand creams I've used. I've gone through so many tubes of this, several of the small tubes a year in my purse, and a large one in the home. A little pricey, but worth it.

on 11/30/2014 4:14:00 PM

All L'Occitane are cult classics for me. I love the shea butter hand cream! Easily my top 3 by them. For me, this brand is a brand of luxury and I love treating myself to their creams when I can.

This particular scent of cream was a gift, but I have boughten other hand cream by L'Occitane and the price is steep. To me, it's worth it. The packaging is alright. The tube is small and compact, but you have to make sure the screw is on tightly and are cordinated enough to close the tube with one hand while cream is on the other.

The scent is mildly, doesn't linger and is a lovely scent. It reminds me of baby powder/oil/lotion, one of my favourite scents. I can see it being too strong for some people, however.

Shea butter is one of the best ingredients for very dry skin. Therefore, this lotion is best when your hands are dry. If they aren't, the cream will feel "sticky". I notice that the cream is really helpful when my hands become raw or chapped, but annoying when they aren't - often I'd just wash it off. However, I find that when my hands are dry, a few uses of this cream helps to restore them, but it is met with a slight burn on raw skin (nothing new to me, every lotion I put on my cracked knucles causes this).

Overall, I would buy this cream but ONLY for the winter. It's expensive, but totally worth it. The scent is like a baby lotion scent, mild but can irritate some people. If you have terribly dry, chapped hands and need something to soothe them, buy this.

on 11/14/2014 4:00:00 PM

My hands get so so DRY and they begin to crack and peel if I wash them too much. Not sure if the water is hard at work or what. I was looking for a good hand lotion, something that didn't leave my hands feeling "greasy." I was in the mall walking to the body shop store and walked past this store and turned around and went in. Best decision I have ever made, I've never tried any of their products but I am SOLD! I bought the big tube of this because it just made more sense. The smell isn't super strong it's just enough! I love this stuff it works miracles!

on 11/6/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

It is a thick cream that works so well on my super dry skin. I applied it on my palms and feet before sleep to moisture them during sleep. It didn't purchase it because it was a gift. I don't like how it smells. I wish it could be more fragrant. It is so effective if you have a super dry palms and feet like me, but I think it would be too sticky if you don't have a very dry skin (since it specialised for dry skin). L'Occitane has more choices for normal skin though. The packaging is okay.
Despite on how much I like the effectiveness of the product, I will not repurchased it. A regular body lotion or body butter will be enough for me.

on 9/24/2014 3:08:00 PM

Best smell ever...Lil over price in some stores but WORTH it each penny.

on 9/24/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used a sample tube nightly before bed. This product always felt incredible during and after application- like my hands were truly moisturised and pampered! However, the next morning my hands felt dry and dehydrated again. This cream didn't do anything than a cheap lotion wouldn't do. Bottom line: an overpriced cream, in a cute little tube that does only a very average job.

on 9/11/2014 6:56:00 PM

This was very disappointing. First, it has a very strong, cheap smell, like a drugstore, "old lady" perfume. The bad thing is that it lasts... a long time. It's very cloying. Second, it doesn't moisturize any better than a typical drugstore lotion. So, what's the point?This is a 5.2 oz. tube that costs $28 so I would expect a lot more from it.

on 8/13/2014 2:24:00 PM

I received this as a gift some time ago. It's a very thick cream that has a nice soft scent. I don't usually buy dedicated hand creams, and I especially wouldn't purchase one from L'Occitane given their prices, but if you have very dry hands, this might be a good choice. The consistency after you apply it is somewhat greasy, but I personally like lotions that are thick and just a bit greasy compared with the kinds that absorb instantly, feeling like you didn't put on any lotion at all. It does absorb over the course of an hour, depending of course on how much you use.
My biggest problem with this cream, though, is the packaging. It's taken me a while (over a year) to go through a whole tube despite using it multiple times a day, and in little time the label started peeling off, which looked quite sloppy. It was annoying me so I eventually just ripped the label off altogether. You can't stand the tube up, so it has to kind of lie flat wherever you keep it (which doesn't look great if you keep it on top of a desk like I do), and since it's in a toothpaste-type tube, you have to kind of roll it up to get more product out. So basically, right now it looks like this rumpled, plain metal tube with the end curled up, sitting on my desk. Not attractive! They should really pick a different format for the packaging. Based on this, even if I needed a dedicated hand cream and happened to have a gift certificate to L'Occitane, I wouldn't buy this.

on 8/11/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really love L'Occitane hand creams! The shea butter one soaks in quickly and moisturizes well without leaving my hands all greasy. A little bit is all that is needed to achieve this. I'd love to buy this all the time, but I'm a cheapskate so I don't. It's totally worth a splurge from time to time.

L'Occitane hand cream is a product I am never long without. I love the tiny tubes for handbags. Especially good for dry winter skin.

I wish that L'Occitane would make the HONEY hand cream a regular part of their repertoire. It smells divine. I am on one of my last tubes (this was a limited edition product) and am really sad! I like it better than the original.