Dr. Hauschka Translucent Make-up

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria, Daucus Carota, M Gratissima, Buxus Chinensis, Glycerin, Althaea Officinalis, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana, Prunus Armeniaca, Butyrospermum Parkii, Rosa Gallica, Cera Flava, Parfum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Coumarin*, Citral*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Eugenol*, Bentonite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 77007. * from natural essential oils

-Best for normal/dry skin (not very dry, because it will emphasize dry patches)
-If you want just to even skin tone, add a little glow
-The texture is rich/creamy, not VERY easy to spread

My combination skin after few hours is and feels oily and heavy from this foundation

Color range is not very good for fair skin and for skins with yellow undertones (not asian!) or those who want to cover up capillaries with a little bit of yellow.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! I created an account just so I could review Dr Hauschka's translucent make up. I have tried almost every natural foundation/tinted moisturizer on the market and this is the best! I think the coverage is great. It glides right on and stays put all day. Only foundation that didn't make me feel incredibly dry at the end of the day. I also feel it smoothed out my fine lines under my eyes, as well. The reason I tried it is because my neighbor across the street always has beautiful glowing skin and she said this is what she uses! Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this! From looking at the reviews, this one's all over the place in the ratings, kind of a love/hate thing, and I think it's because it's so different.

First, there's the scent -- which I love -- but you should smell it first and make sure you do, too! Next, when you try it on, you'll see it's called translucent for a reason. It's not like any foundation I've ever tried (quite a few over the years!) It doesn't look like you're wearing makeup, it just looks like your skin has a smooth, Magic Hour glow. (Not shiny, and not dewy, and Definitely not cakey/powdery or sparkly but a healthy -- yes, translucent -- glow.)

What's not to like? Well, it doesn't cover a lot unless you mix it with something -- and then you can get the best of both, which is what my daughter does. (She mixes with a little light concealer, mostly because we got 01 (fair) which is my color but too dark for her.) At first, with my older skin, I didn't like it because of the lack of much coverage. But then after seeing how perfect and glowy she looked (ok, she's 16 but even her skin doesn't usually have that perfect glow!) I tried again! We both sometimes use it with the (watery) bronzer, to shade and sculpt. I used it with concealer. It looks good.

Why use it at all? It makes your skin look better. Unlike normal foundation, which hides but does NOT look like skin, this does, but better. The color isn't flat but has depth, and looks good in different lighting. Need more reasons? I figure you wear foundation possibly all day every day, and if you don't use primer and such, it may be the closest stuff to your skin, so it has the best chance of enhancing or ruining your skin. The Hauschka ingredients are from a natural care skin company and are actually good for your skin. (It does have some alcohol in this, which some people don't like but I'm ok with -- it does evaporate.)

Why am I going on so long? Because I feel like this makeup is misunderstood, which means there are probably a lot of women out there who might benefit if they want a different, glowy, real, non-makeupy look (and/or are willing to experiment with mixing.) I almost missed out on using this, and at my age, it's nice to put my best face forward:)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I use a stippling brush to dab in a dollup of this cream on the back of my hand and it applies flawlessly buy gently buffing it around. I had broken out from wearing Pur Minerals makeup to sleep one weekend (bad I know), and this started to clear up my skin after the first day of use. It does not make me oily, nor dry... just right. This is a God send to my ever troubled skin. I believe it is soon to be if not already, my HG foundation :-)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this and had hopes of finding an organic or natural foundation. The coverage is okay, and the lightest shade was good for my fair skin. However, the formula is far too drying. My skin would feel itchy almost immediately after putting this on and by the end of the day my skin was dehydrated and dull. It was also very difficult to wash off. The cleanser (Eucerin) I had used to wash off my other foundations (Dermalogica) did not wash off this one. A strange waxy film was left on my skin. I had to triple-cleanse with oils + wash-off cleansers to get this off my skin. Also it broke me out. I tried this for every day for about 2 weeks but it did not work out for me. Now Im left with dehydrated, itchy skin that Im trying to heal with Bepanthen... Stay away from this foundation if you have sensitive, combo skin that is on the dry side.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After years of shopping around, I've settled on this as the best base I can find, and it is lovely. I love the texture and smell, the way it melts in to look like skin and doesn't emphasize pores or lines. It has medium coverage and causes no breakouts. It also is matte, more matte than powder mineral mu on me. I will stick to it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this (shade 01) for many many years and still like it a lot... coverage is low to medium, so you'll need an extra concealer if you have strong redness or undereye circles. If you find a color that matches your skintone (not too dark!) it makes the skin look even without emphasizing wrinkles and it looks really NATURAL. The Dr. Hauschka liquid concealer pen is a great match to this product!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I did like how it looked, but I really felt it on my skin and didnt felt good. Later when I removed it all of a sudden I get these red big spot. I think my skin is to sensitive for this foundation. But if you have normal or oily skin this foubdation is very good

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Yes, this is a sheer coverage foundation. I apply a pea sized amount with my fingers all over my face. It melts into my skin beautifully and somehow manages to smoothe over pores and broken capillaries without looking like obvious foundation. I add some more on trouble spots with a concealer brush, it covers quite well and I usually don't need a separate concealer. I use the color #00, which is perfect for my NC15 winter skin, light enough with a slight yellow tone. I've worn mineral makeup for eight years but recently I felt I needed and wanted a change. Since I use Dr. Hauschka's skincare (the cleansing milk and sometimes the cleansing cream, Quince moisturizer, Rose creme when I want a bit of extra glow) I thought I'd try their foundation as well. It took me a while to get used to the sheer coverage, but now I love it. I've also noticed that my skin has improved, it's a lot less dry and breakouts are far less frequent. Some mornings I actually skip foundation, which has been unheard of for me for the past 30 years! I have Dr. Hauschka's skincare to thank for that and especially their principle to not wear moisturizer at night – it's made a huge difference in my skin's texture. This foundation stays on really well, gives my skin a soft look and feel, it comes in a practical squeeze tube and is all natural. I think this might become HG material for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've only had this for a few weeks, so I can't really comment on the longevity of this product. But I must say that I am not completely thrilled with my experience thus far.
When they say translucent, boy do they mean it. It is nice for evening out a bit of skin tone, but there is no blemish coverage whatsoever. And unless you already have a pretty even skin tone to begin with, don't expect miracles. It seems nicely nourishing to my skin, but I guess I was hoping for a bit more from a 35 euro foundation.
It is better in conjunction with the concealer, but there is another 20 euros. I don't mind paying a bit for a high-quality, natural product, but I think I probably won't be buying this again. If something magical happens in the next few months, I'll come back and update.
At least if it offered some sun protection, that would be something.
I think the thing with Dr. Hauschka is that their main focus is skin care. Which it ought to be. But for those who have not yet managed to get their skin under control, it may be better to invest in Hauschka's skin care products and not their cosmetics.