November 26, 2014 | 1766 users online

Crème - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Make-up

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by sparkleplenti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use a stippling brush to dab in a dollup of this cream on the back of my hand and it applies flawlessly buy gently buffing it around. I had broken out from wearing Pur Minerals makeup to sleep one weekend (bad I know), and this started to clear up my skin after the first day of use. It does not make me oily, nor dry... just right. This is a God send to my ever troubled skin. I believe it is soon to be if not already, my HG foundation :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this and had hopes of finding an organic or natural foundation. The coverage is okay, and the lightest shade was good for my fair skin. However, the formula is far too drying. My skin would feel itchy almost immediately after putting this on and by the end of the day my skin was dehydrated and dull. It was also very difficult to wash off. The cleanser (Eucerin) I had used to wash off my other foundations (Dermalogica) did not wash off this one. A strange waxy film was left on my skin. I had to triple-cleanse with oils + wash-off cleansers to get this off my skin. Also it broke me out. I tried this for every day for about 2 weeks but it did not work out for me. Now Im left with dehydrated, itchy skin that Im trying to heal with Bepanthen... Stay away from this foundation if you have sensitive, combo skin that is on the dry side.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of shopping around, I've settled on this as the best base I can find, and it is lovely. I love the texture and smell, the way it melts in to look like skin and doesn't emphasize pores or lines. It has medium coverage and causes no breakouts. It also is matte, more matte than powder mineral mu on me. I will stick to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by chiara11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this (shade 01) for many many years and still like it a lot... coverage is low to medium, so you'll need an extra concealer if you have strong redness or undereye circles. If you find a color that matches your skintone (not too dark!) it makes the skin look even without emphasizing wrinkles and it looks really NATURAL. The Dr. Hauschka liquid concealer pen is a great match to this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by IsisMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did like how it looked, but I really felt it on my skin and didnt felt good. Later when I removed it all of a sudden I get these red big spot. I think my skin is to sensitive for this foundation. But if you have normal or oily skin this foubdation is very good

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes, this is a sheer coverage foundation. I apply a pea sized amount with my fingers all over my face. It melts into my skin beautifully and somehow manages to smoothe over pores and broken capillaries without looking like obvious foundation. I add some more on trouble spots with a concealer brush, it covers quite well and I usually don't need a separate concealer. I use the color #00, which is perfect for my NC15 winter skin, light enough with a slight yellow tone. I've worn mineral makeup for eight years but recently I felt I needed and wanted a change. Since I use Dr. Hauschka's skincare (the cleansing milk and sometimes the cleansing cream, Quince moisturizer, Rose creme when I want a bit of extra glow) I thought I'd try their foundation as well. It took me a while to get used to the sheer coverage, but now I love it. I've also noticed that my skin has improved, it's a lot less dry and breakouts are far less frequent. Some mornings I actually skip foundation, which has been unheard of for me for the past 30 years! I have Dr. Hauschka's skincare to thank for that and especially their principle to not wear moisturizer at night – it's made a huge difference in my skin's texture. This foundation stays on really well, gives my skin a soft look and feel, it comes in a practical squeeze tube and is all natural. I think this might become HG material for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by myannabellee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only had this for a few weeks, so I can't really comment on the longevity of this product. But I must say that I am not completely thrilled with my experience thus far.
When they say translucent, boy do they mean it. It is nice for evening out a bit of skin tone, but there is no blemish coverage whatsoever. And unless you already have a pretty even skin tone to begin with, don't expect miracles. It seems nicely nourishing to my skin, but I guess I was hoping for a bit more from a 35 euro foundation.
It is better in conjunction with the concealer, but there is another 20 euros. I don't mind paying a bit for a high-quality, natural product, but I think I probably won't be buying this again. If something magical happens in the next few months, I'll come back and update.
At least if it offered some sun protection, that would be something.
I think the thing with Dr. Hauschka is that their main focus is skin care. Which it ought to be. But for those who have not yet managed to get their skin under control, it may be better to invest in Hauschka's skin care products and not their cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by drawingscars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this and the concealer, knowing it may not be the most coverage offered in a foundation, hence the wording 'translucent'. I do have terrible skin.. but thought that a foundation such as this, with pure, healing ingredients, may just help my terrible face flesh to not be.. so terrible. So, I'm willing to deal with a few blemishes showing through in the mean-time. Not to mention, it looks very natural on. My boyfriend actually said 'you don't need to put your on make up today, your skin looks good!' Haha.. I'd already put it on. Sweet. So anyway, I found I got a much better result in applying the 'Dr Hauschka Toned day Cream' first (my moisturizer). With it I mix a bit of the foundation. Then, use the concealer, which is great. THEN (I have bad skin..) I dab on extra foundation where needed. I've been using it a mere few days and my skin is already more calm. It also has such a lovely scent. And the shade 00 is actually pale enough for me- a rariety. I definitely suggest :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by naturalmommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been breaking out badly with huge, painful zits all around my t-zone for the last two years, so am trying to minimize the amount of chemicals I put on my face. This was the first-ever cosmetic product I've purchased at Whole Foods. The $40 price tag was painful, but I felt it was worth it for being non-toxic and hopefully non-comedogenic.

It was a great match for my skin tone, goes on nicely - not shiny. But poor coverage of blemishes and migrates into wrinkles and folds and simply disappears over the course of the day. I have not broken out, and in fact my skin has cleared, two months since I started using this makeup. If the coverage was better, I'd definitely purchase again. But I think I'll try Gabriel or Zuzu first.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Mielahh

I am shocked that this isn't more highly rated. It is "Holy Grail" for me, I will never use anything else. I recently overhauled my entire routine, only using natural products. I am 23 and have pale olive skin, with freckles and uneven tone, marred by the occasional blemish. I bought shade 01 and it melts into my face flawlessly, brightening and smoothing but NEVER looking cakey or makeup-y, or changing into alarming colors under different lighting. It is has a finish that is neither too dewy nor too matte--perfectly polished, and if I run my fingers across my face, I am always amazed at how unbelievably smooth my skin feels. I would not call translucent makeup a foundation in the traditional sense. It seems to help my skin's health, heal breakouts, and protect from the elements. The $40 was well spent, after years of trying different options with less than satisfactory results (Boots lifting & firming, Laura Mercier, Kevyn Aucoin)...
I am an active girl, not fussy, but it has always been my dream to have consistently flawless skin from morning to night, without looking "made up" all the time. This product gives me hope that perfection may be attainable. Highest recommendation.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No