July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Brightening Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with the other ladies, in that the shade Coffee works nicely as a brow pencil. But, I do also like this as an eyeliner as well. Coffee is a cool toned brown and doesn't have shimmer in it, unlike some of the other pencils in the range. I use Coffee in my brows when I run out of my normal pencil (NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Dark Brown) and have no complaints with it whatsoever. It stays put all day (I frequent the gym so this is awesome) and blends in very nicely with my eyebrows. When I use this as an eyeliner, I do have to make it a bit softer. To make it softer, all I do is pop the tip of the pencil into a lighter flame for a second, maybe once or twice, and then it's a dream to apply. I know the lighter trick is old, but it works should you be in a bit of squeeze or want to make your eyeliners softer. I haven't tried it on my waterline, but on the lid it doesn't budge or transfer. My only complaint is the cap, it can be a bit stubborn to get it to stay on since it's made of harder plastic. But, the sharpener it comes with is really good! So even if you hate the pencil or don't want it, you'll have a good sharpener for a $1.00. It's worth trying it for the sharpener alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this liner! I got the purple one, and it isn't super pigmented. It makes my greenish gold eyes pop without looking like I tried too hard. No raccoon eyes and it sharpens like a dream. For the low price, I will repurchase over and over again!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love E.L.F., but I think they missed the mark with these eye liners. They don't stay put on the waterline and application is rough at best.The color pay-off is also just not there. While a cheap price, I still don't think it's worth it.
I did like the packaging, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Veyaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As an eyeliner, this sucks. It doesn't stay put on the waterline, is hard to apply, and isn't a very good formula.

However, I use this in "Coffee" to fill in my brows, and I love it! It's the perfect shade for me, and stays put for hours. Looks very natural when used in short, light strokes/dots then smudged a bit with my finger or a brush.

I recommend this for brow use, but not as an eyeliner. It's only $1, and comes with an additional sharpener. A very good deal.

3 lippys because it doesn't work for the use advertised, but is still a quality brow pencil.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It hurts my waterline. Didn't leave any mark on either. When I tried swatching it on my hand, the line was very faint. Even dragging the rock-hard pencil on my hand hurted quite a lot. Wasn't creamy at all. Hate the cap that comes out with sharpener, I guess that's what makes the eyeliner hardens faster. I'll stick with higher dollar brands than this :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in coffee, which is a nice brown color. I use this a lot on my upper lashline to give my eyelashes a fuller look, and I have to say, it works pretty well! Cons about it is that it isn't very creamy, and has more of a waxy consistency, but you just need to layer it a few more times to get goood color pay off. I cant say it lasts long, but since I dont wear makeup for a long period of time anyways, it works fine. Really wanna get the other colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by wynterxhale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this as a base for black eyeshadow, otherwise this is too 'smudgey' to use as an eyeliner. If used in the waterline, it doesnt stay. I'd say its good for the price, but if you want something that stays, I'd get something better. The only reason I'd reperchase is because it's good for a cheap eyeshadow base.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-cheap
-works well if you're just smudging into eyelashes

Cons:
-smudges
-not pigmented
-has shimmer
-NOT long lasting

Overall, it sucks. It's usable, if you don't want it to go to waste, but do. not. buy. this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by beautyinsider623

I honestly hated this! First of all it was so sharpened that when I tried putting this on my waterline that is hurt, Also it wasn't very pigmented at all. I bought this is a blue, purple, and black color and didn'tt like any of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by femfem237

I love this product because its great, comes with a sharpener and costed me 1,50$ CAN !