E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 5/16/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first purchased these, I hated them. I had no idea what I was doing wrong because it seemed as if all the beauty bloggers I follow and respect adore them! I tried it on my eyelids but it was too sticky. I tried it on my cheeks, but it caked. Eureka! I have finally figured it out.I out on my foundation as normal and squirt some of this whip on the back of my hand. I then dab about three dots on each cheekbone horizontally. Then I buff it in. Voila! I have dewy, highlighted cheek bones!!!
I personally prefer Pink Lemonade and Lilac Petal.

6/13/2014: A little edit. I changed foundations and found this whip dried faster and thus left a weird line residue. The solution? Mixing it with a tiny bit of foundation and doing the same horizontal dots. :)

I don't know if I'm applying it wrong, but it ruins my foundation every time.

It goes on looking amazing, but it ends up drying and looking flakey.

Would not repurchase. But it was very cheap, so I shouldn't complain.

on 2/7/2014 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Pink Lemonade, Persimmon, and Golden Peach. I love the Pink Lemonade and Golden Peach, my Persimmon has something wrong where it just squirts out a bunch of metallic water first, and the color is only slightly darker than Pink Lemonade anyhow. Golden Peach is beautiful on the lids, and it also works well as a primer somehow. Really pleased with these for the price, and they last all day.

on 2/1/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product works differently for everyone. Overall, the pink one works quite well to my liking. My friends have used it and some like it while others don't. I have realized it all depends one your undertone, and if you can handle the consistency of it. The color really compliments my skin, but the consistency is a little sticky. I like to wear it to get a glow-like look.

It is only 1 dollar, so if your budget isn't too tight i would recommend to at least try the pink one. If you don't like it throw it right away, and never look back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I personally really enjoy this as a highlighter. I got it at the recommendation of a beauty guru and I am glad I did. Yes, it comes out sticky, but it's not hard to blend at all when you apply it with a buffing brush. I use the one by EcoTools. I got the pinky color, and it looks STUNNING in pictures. I had people asking me what I did to look so amazing in my pictures and this stuff is it. I did not find it overly glittery, and after I learned which brush to use it blended out very well with awesome staying power.

It's one of those products where you really need to know what you are doing, but when you do the payoff is flawless.

on 1/22/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When I first got this, I was immediately put off by how shiny it was. You had to blend so much to make this wearable, you would end up blending your foundation right off.

However, I found a use for it. I recently purchased an airbrush machine for a huuuuge discount. I love the coverage and longevity of airbrush foundation, but the finish on them tends to be extremely matte. I tried so many things to make my foundation look more natural (seriously, the finish is unnaturally matte) from highlighters, to the special liquid that came with the machine, to luminating primers. Nothing really worked like I wanted it to.

I was re-organizing my stash one day and found this in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. I swatched it, reminding myself of how shiny is was. I figured if a luminizing primer was no help, this might be shiny enough to work.

I applied my primer like usual, then blended this onto the areas where you would normally put a highlighter. Waited for a minute or two for it to dry down a bit, then did my airbrush foundation over it.

It made a HUGE difference in the look of my foundation. My skin looked healthier and, more importantly, I got a more natural finish than I can remember getting with any other products. I have the lightest non-white colour (the name has since worn off the tube). I'm guessing a similar application trick would work with the other colours used as blush or bronzer.

So for those of you who can't get past the insane weird shiny finish that this product gives you when you use it on TOP of your makeup, try putting it under your foundation or powder. You might be surprised.

on 12/4/2013 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like using this as a highlight on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. The product smells like fruity pebbles so that's a plus.

on 11/18/2013 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

honestly, this product was a miss for me. there's no way I'm using this as an highlighter. i have the golden one , the product left my face so shiny, even the tiniest drop leaves you with chunks of glitter. the finish isn't natural at all. too bad cause I really wanted to love this.

on 11/17/2013 11:00:00 PM

Pros: High pigmentation Long lasting Drug Store brand Inexpensive Comparable to High Beam Cons: If applied heavily will be cakey Sticky Lightly scented Shows up in pictures

on 11/17/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is horrifying. Like I do not understand why everyone is so crazy over it. I own the pinky one and it has like a...sticky texture to it almost. Like when you squeeze it out, it's a creamy liquid but when you put it on your skin, it becomes sticky and gross and impossible to blend out. The color it gives is very unnatural, and like I send, insanely hard to blend and so it just kinda sits there in a streak on your face. Don't bother buying this, it's so crappy. Save your dollar.

Popular Blush Products