November 23, 2014 | 1866 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got this, I was immediately put off by how shiny it was. You had to blend so much to make this wearable, you would end up blending your foundation right off.

However, I found a use for it. I recently purchased an airbrush machine for a huuuuge discount. I love the coverage and longevity of airbrush foundation, but the finish on them tends to be extremely matte. I tried so many things to make my foundation look more natural (seriously, the finish is unnaturally matte) from highlighters, to the special liquid that came with the machine, to luminating primers. Nothing really worked like I wanted it to.

I was re-organizing my stash one day and found this in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. I swatched it, reminding myself of how shiny is was. I figured if a luminizing primer was no help, this might be shiny enough to work.

I applied my primer like usual, then blended this onto the areas where you would normally put a highlighter. Waited for a minute or two for it to dry down a bit, then did my airbrush foundation over it.

It made a HUGE difference in the look of my foundation. My skin looked healthier and, more importantly, I got a more natural finish than I can remember getting with any other products. I have the lightest non-white colour (the name has since worn off the tube). I'm guessing a similar application trick would work with the other colours used as blush or bronzer.

So for those of you who can't get past the insane weird shiny finish that this product gives you when you use it on TOP of your makeup, try putting it under your foundation or powder. You might be surprised.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by LivTylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like using this as a highlight on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. The product smells like fruity pebbles so that's a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

honestly, this product was a miss for me. there's no way I'm using this as an highlighter. i have the golden one , the product left my face so shiny, even the tiniest drop leaves you with chunks of glitter. the finish isn't natural at all. too bad cause I really wanted to love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarobin

Pros: High pigmentation Long lasting Drug Store brand Inexpensive Comparable to High Beam Cons: If applied heavily will be cakey Sticky Lightly scented Shows up in pictures

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is horrifying. Like I do not understand why everyone is so crazy over it. I own the pinky one and it has like a...sticky texture to it almost. Like when you squeeze it out, it's a creamy liquid but when you put it on your skin, it becomes sticky and gross and impossible to blend out. The color it gives is very unnatural, and like I send, insanely hard to blend and so it just kinda sits there in a streak on your face. Don't bother buying this, it's so crappy. Save your dollar.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

Sorry, but I just can't understand why people like this product :S I own the golden one, and the first time I tried it on my face, I was horrified. However, it looked pretty on the back of my hand...And I do own a lot of highlighters and appreciate every one of them Plus, I am a person who learn to appreciate products and adapts to them...but for this one...Ugh :(

Pros:
-It costs 1$ :)
-The packaging is cute
-It smells good, like sweet orange.

Cons:
-Omg the shimmers... When its blended out, it looks soooo unnatural! There are chunks of gold glitter...However, it looks very pretty when you put a dot on the back on the hand. But the shimmers appear later, when blending.
-It is very hard to blend. It sticks to the skin too much.
-When I squeeze the tube, water comes out...
-On the cupids bow, it feels really uncomfortable. Like if you put glue on it...

In conclusion, it just does not look appealing on the face.But I only one one of them, maybe the others work better?
Idk, but for me, I wont repurchase nor try other shimmering facial whips anymore...I am scared because of this one already xD

Go for the Shimmer Palette or All Over Colersticks! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kalynbwinters

Awesome cream highlighter for a great price, can't beat it! I prefer using this in the summer time when I plan on being around water. I wear it on bare skin to add a nice glow on my cheeks, and it hold up nicely through swimming!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by klpalmz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! Especially for $1! It does it's job by highlighting. However, I'm not a fan of the packaging. I think if they made this in the studio line and made it in a bottle that you pump out and gave you a little more, I would definitely be more than satisfied. But you know, you get what you pay for! This product is great though, despite the packaging. Hey, $1? How can you go wrong?!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Rabdaddy

I love this stuff! For the price it's more than worth it. As long as you blend it well it looks great and surprisingly lasts a long time. I use it on my eyelids too when I'm just wearing mascara to brighten my eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the low rating for this product. I was looking for a highlighter and heard this was a dupe for High Beam (in fact it's a totally different color and consistency). I went to Target to check it out and I almost didn't go for it. It looked SO frosty/pink and I wasn't sure how to use it, but for $1? Worth a shot. And now I LOVE it! I dot it along my cheekbone and blend it across and then down onto the apple of my cheek. I also use it on the inner corner of my eyes and sometimes the bridge of my nose. It may look scary, but it blends so easily to provide a subtle glow. I can wear it under my foundation or on top, blend with my fingers or with a brush. I actually find it easier to work with then High Beam because it's not as runny. My signature beauty look is glowing, luminous skin, so blush, bronzer, and highlighter are all musts for me. This works and is super cheap, so I don't think I'll look for another highlighter anytime soon.

I have pale porcelain skin, and can wear both NC and NW 15 in MAC.