November 26, 2014 | 930 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Sensual Elixir

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Elixir Sensuel is a fluid perfume, midway between a perfume and a skin cream to dab onto wrists or the nape of neck to intensify the fragrance's charm. Warm, soft, subtle and extremely sexy.
top notes : Aldehydes, Neroli
heart notes : Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, May Rose, Iris
base notes : Woodsy Notes, Amber
$65 / 50 ml continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love Sensual Elixir. I have never worn a perfume that made me feel more sophisticated and feminine. It is very much like Eau Premiere, but more complex. On me, EP dries down to an uncomplicated powdery vanilla within an hour, but SE is much more complex. The floral notes stick around longer and the base is more woody and less vanillic. It also has a slightly fruity quality at first, which I love. This product is a must-try for both fans of No. 5 (in any form) and for those who never really "got" it. Plus, the price is fairly reasonable at $65 for a 1.7 oz bottle.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous way to wear No5 and the dropper bottle is so retro. Using the dapper on the bottle top, you can wear the elixir on the wrists and behind the ears. The fluid gel texture is non-oily and soft and smooth. The scent is very soft and powdery thus if you do not fancy No5 due to the aldehyde opening, this smells very much like the heart and base notes sans the heady aldehydic opening. I love the soft floral notes like rose, jasmin and the seual woodiness of sandalwood. This cost SGD$130 for a 50ml gorgeous dropper bottle. It is said to be the concentration of an EDP. When i apply this, it last longer compared to No5 Eau Premiere which i am using also. Lasting notes to be about 5-6 hours with jst the teenist bit on my pulse points. I look forward to enjoy this beauty for quite a long while.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Licha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful. A great version of the original but so much more decadent and sensual because it's an oil. I decant this into one of those travel size roll-on applicators that people use for essential oils. This makes it very easy and fast for application in the morning. However, for a special night applying it from the gorgeous bottle with the pretty stopper is a nice ritual that makes me feel fancy. HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Adore this....I also find it surprisingly tenacious for a lighter version of No 5. This is perfect anywhere, especially for those occasions where you want to wear fragrance that lasts for your own pleasure but don't want it loudly announcing itself to all and sundry. Its bright, citrusy, powdery fresh and cuddly.... I will buy this again and again and again....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I had to pick just one fragrance out of my collection as HG..I'd take this one. I don't wear it that often..'cause I'm always trying something new. I have the EDP..but it's just too strong for me to wear in public, but this is just right. Just a soft, feminine floral with no sharp edges...so similar to the original, but toned down. Appropriate anytime of year.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by j0j0s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This and the body lotion are the only concentrations of no.5 that I really love. I get a nicely blended soapy-floral-sandalwood scent from this. It lasts all day on me. Has sillage at the beginning, but by the time I leave work it's more of a skin scent. The first fragrance I ever received a compliment on.
Caution: it's easy to over-apply, which turns it over-bright and into a sillage monster.
The price is very reasonable, and I anticipate not only using the entire bottle, but also buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by HeidiV

I like this elixir a lot. It smells a little bit powdery but very subtle. I can tolerate this but not the original No 5 which gives me headache and nausea. I just need a little bit of this and I could smell fabulous and sexy for a long time. I have gotten compliments while wearing this. The more I wear this, the more I don't want to try any other fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by verechristina

Yes it smells heavenly and I'm very addicted to it, but it lasts no more than 1 hour on me!!! If anyone can tell me how to make it last longer than 4 or 5 hours, like my Guerlain, Lancome, or even DKNY fragrances, I'll definitely give it a 5, or even a 10, if I can, and repurchase again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Bethany3844

I was going to write that this was my "gateway" fragrance to the original No. 5, but luvbug beat me to it. I lusted after Elixir for a while, finally bought it, and very soon started craving the original. I am now absolutely in love with the EDP, can't get enough of it.

Elixir is soft and beautiful, but for me, doesn't have much impact or last very long. I love the bottle and its elegant stopper, and the consistency is lovely. It makes a good "personal" scent to appreciate by yourself -- you may find yourself frequently sniffing your wrist or the crook of your elbow -- but none of the wonderful sillage of original No. 5.

A wonderful complement, and a lovely, light, comforting fragrance to apply after a shower or even before bed.