Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

OOHHH..I LOVE THIS...YES, SEXY SOFT,ELEGANT,FRESH POWDERY CHANEL 5 FOR THE WINTER...AND DRESSED WARM FOR A NITE OUT AND OUT FOR DINNER PARTY! LOVE THIS AND CHANEL PREMEIRE VERSION ALSO! A MUST HAVE !! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shame on the sales associate who almost cost me the pleasure of acquiring this beauty! I've been a fan of the original No. 5 since I was in middle school. Growing up, everyone I met who smelled it on me instantly reminisced about this aunt or that mother or some ex girlfriend.who used to wear it . That was fine by me, it just meant I was part of a large group of ladies with good taste! ;)
Enter, Sensual Elixir: It's everything I love about No. 5 and more! It's all there, sans the prickly aldehydes: the softness, the creamy florals, and the smooth powdery warmth. It's the olfactory equivalent to rolling naked down a hill of cashmere.
Since I don't like to announce myself with perfume, I enjoy that this is more of a skin fragrance. I wear it on the back of my neck after I don my retail-sanctioned polo shirt and pants. If a perfume can make you feel sexy and elegant in polyester, go for it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Elixir Sensuel is a fluid perfume, midway between a perfume and a skin cream to dab onto wrists or the nape of neck to intensify the fragrance's charm. Warm, soft, subtle and extremely sexy.
top notes : Aldehydes, Neroli
heart notes : Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, May Rose, Iris
base notes : Woodsy Notes, Amber
$65 / 50 ml continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love Sensual Elixir. I have never worn a perfume that made me feel more sophisticated and feminine. It is very much like Eau Premiere, but more complex. On me, EP dries down to an uncomplicated powdery vanilla within an hour, but SE is much more complex. The floral notes stick around longer and the base is more woody and less vanillic. It also has a slightly fruity quality at first, which I love. This product is a must-try for both fans of No. 5 (in any form) and for those who never really "got" it. Plus, the price is fairly reasonable at $65 for a 1.7 oz bottle.

This is a fabulous way to wear No5 and the dropper bottle is so retro. Using the dapper on the bottle top, you can wear the elixir on the wrists and behind the ears. The fluid gel texture is non-oily and soft and smooth. The scent is very soft and powdery thus if you do not fancy No5 due to the aldehyde opening, this smells very much like the heart and base notes sans the heady aldehydic opening. I love the soft floral notes like rose, jasmin and the seual woodiness of sandalwood. This cost SGD$130 for a 50ml gorgeous dropper bottle. It is said to be the concentration of an EDP. When i apply this, it last longer compared to No5 Eau Premiere which i am using also. Lasting notes to be about 5-6 hours with jst the teenist bit on my pulse points. I look forward to enjoy this beauty for quite a long while.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is wonderful. A great version of the original but so much more decadent and sensual because it's an oil. I decant this into one of those travel size roll-on applicators that people use for essential oils. This makes it very easy and fast for application in the morning. However, for a special night applying it from the gorgeous bottle with the pretty stopper is a nice ritual that makes me feel fancy. HG status.

Adore this....I also find it surprisingly tenacious for a lighter version of No 5. This is perfect anywhere, especially for those occasions where you want to wear fragrance that lasts for your own pleasure but don't want it loudly announcing itself to all and sundry. Its bright, citrusy, powdery fresh and cuddly.... I will buy this again and again and again....

If I had to pick just one fragrance out of my collection as HG..I'd take this one. I don't wear it that often..'cause I'm always trying something new. I have the EDP..but it's just too strong for me to wear in public, but this is just right. Just a soft, feminine floral with no sharp edges...so similar to the original, but toned down. Appropriate anytime of year.

This and the body lotion are the only concentrations of no.5 that I really love. I get a nicely blended soapy-floral-sandalwood scent from this. It lasts all day on me. Has sillage at the beginning, but by the time I leave work it's more of a skin scent. The first fragrance I ever received a compliment on.
Caution: it's easy to over-apply, which turns it over-bright and into a sillage monster.
The price is very reasonable, and I anticipate not only using the entire bottle, but also buying it again.

I like this elixir a lot. It smells a little bit powdery but very subtle. I can tolerate this but not the original No 5 which gives me headache and nausea. I just need a little bit of this and I could smell fabulous and sexy for a long time. I have gotten compliments while wearing this. The more I wear this, the more I don't want to try any other fragrances.

Popular Fragrances