The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), glycerin, pentylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, butylene glycol, elaesis guineensis (palm oil), glyceryl stearate citrate, isononyl isononanoate, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, sesamum indicum (sesame oil), squalane, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), aqua, panthenol (vit. B5), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, bisabolol, avena sativa (oat plant).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Stung my face, had to rush and wash it off quickly.

on 4/15/2013 11:34:00 PM

This is the first night cream I've ever loved. I've tried most of the drug store spectrum, even straight forward coconut oil. My skin used to break out very easily, unless I used loads of anti-histamines. Eventually, I moved to a new place, skin cleared up within days without changing my regime. ANYWAY, even when I had environmental allergies, this was the nicest face cream. Smell was unremarkable, which isn't a bad thing. Smoothed on very nice, sunk in quick, without much shine. I like how my skin feels the next morning. Super smooth. :-)

on 3/14/2013 10:13:00 PM

I went my local Body Shop to inquire about products to help with the redness in my face. I feel I have very healthy skin but because I went blonde, the redness in my cheeks is more noticeable and I just wanted something to even my skin tone a bit.
I tried their Tea Tree oil facial wash and toner but those didn't work. Thanks to their great return policy, I went back and decided to try the Aloe foaming cleanser and night cream.

I've noticed the redness in my skin has gone down a bit. At first, the cream didn't seem to be doing much moisturizing. I put some Gigi smoothing serum on under the cream and that fixed the problem, but I felt like I shouldn't have to put on anything under a "rich moisturizing" repairing night cream. Not for $20 for less than two ounces.

The packaging isn't great, though. A tub? Really?

I'll probably take both products back and try something else for half the cost of the cream.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! It has become a total must have for me! I cannot live without this! I have very dry/ peely skin but sense I started using this my skin has hardly been dry at all! Would definitely buy this again. Although the next time I buy this will probably be in quite a while considering I have been using it every single night for the past three months or so and I just got past the smooth top layer of the cream lol.

on 12/10/2012 8:20:00 PM

I was super excited to try this product since it contains so much aloe and is glycerin based. I was hoping it would sooth my sensitive, rosacea prone skin.

unfortunately, it was not soothing at all. I've tried it three times and it made my skin very itchy! I'm going to try to return this product.

edit: I went to the body shop to return this. the sales girl said the burning is probably because the % of aloe was too much for my particular skin. How is that possible? I thought aloe was supposed to soothe, so the more the better, right? also, every aloe gel I've ever tried did not burn or itch, and those gels tend to have more aloe than this cream. whatever.

on 11/10/2012 3:33:00 AM

Worked well while using the toner for my skin at night, My skin is smoother and much less red. Only thing stopping me from purchasing the large tub is because it's a TUB. :(
If only they had a squeeze bottle...

on 10/24/2012 6:41:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this cream, however after I'm done, I don't think I would buy it again.

It's a simple face cream but not moisturizing enough for me. If you live on the East coast or the South, then this cream might be the perfect thickness for you. Also, even though it is called a night cream, it's about as moisturizing as a day cream so don't let the name throw you off.

I do like that is contains aloe vera and feels very pure. However I wear mineral foundation so I need a very moisturizing base. This cream just isn't moisturizing enough for mineral foundation.

on 9/4/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

As a moisturizer this cream is great. It is very soothing and has a light scent. However besides being moisturizing and soothing, it didn't do much for my skin texture at all. I've used it nightly on my face and neck and I didn't notice any improvement in my skin quality at all. I'd say it's an average nightly moisturizer, and nothing more.

on 8/25/2012 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This cream is a skin saviour for me when I have sensitive skin flare ups. Its the only non-irritating moisturiser I can use that actually calms my skin when I get eczema on my face. Its very soft, creamy and cooling. Have used this since 2007 and hope that they never stop manufacturing it.

It's nothing special. I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't on sale though. It doesn't clog anything and moisturizer but doesn't do anything special either. Just a basic moisturizer I guess.