August 23, 2014 | 1228 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Aloe Soothing Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Poxleitner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! It has become a total must have for me! I cannot live without this! I have very dry/ peely skin but sense I started using this my skin has hardly been dry at all! Would definitely buy this again. Although the next time I buy this will probably be in quite a while considering I have been using it every single night for the past three months or so and I just got past the smooth top layer of the cream lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I was super excited to try this product since it contains so much aloe and is glycerin based. I was hoping it would sooth my sensitive, rosacea prone skin.

unfortunately, it was not soothing at all. I've tried it three times and it made my skin very itchy! I'm going to try to return this product.

edit: I went to the body shop to return this. the sales girl said the burning is probably because the % of aloe was too much for my particular skin. How is that possible? I thought aloe was supposed to soothe, so the more the better, right? also, every aloe gel I've ever tried did not burn or itch, and those gels tend to have more aloe than this cream. whatever.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Diyushi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worked well while using the toner for my skin at night, My skin is smoother and much less red. Only thing stopping me from purchasing the large tub is because it's a TUB. :(
If only they had a squeeze bottle...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this cream, however after I'm done, I don't think I would buy it again.

It's a simple face cream but not moisturizing enough for me. If you live on the East coast or the South, then this cream might be the perfect thickness for you. Also, even though it is called a night cream, it's about as moisturizing as a day cream so don't let the name throw you off.

I do like that is contains aloe vera and feels very pure. However I wear mineral foundation so I need a very moisturizing base. This cream just isn't moisturizing enough for mineral foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by LeoBabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a moisturizer this cream is great. It is very soothing and has a light scent. However besides being moisturizing and soothing, it didn't do much for my skin texture at all. I've used it nightly on my face and neck and I didn't notice any improvement in my skin quality at all. I'd say it's an average nightly moisturizer, and nothing more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by peachluck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream is a skin saviour for me when I have sensitive skin flare ups. Its the only non-irritating moisturiser I can use that actually calms my skin when I get eczema on my face. Its very soft, creamy and cooling. Have used this since 2007 and hope that they never stop manufacturing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's nothing special. I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't on sale though. It doesn't clog anything and moisturizer but doesn't do anything special either. Just a basic moisturizer I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by SkinCareAficionado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The moisturizers in the aloe range are all pretty much the same and all have Aloe Vera as the very first ingredient, but this is the richest due to Caprylic Triglycerides, Oil Palm, Squalane and Shea Butter which appear on the ingredients list at higher percentages or as new additions. I would say this is also a little greasy and gloopy but this will probably be beneficial to dry or extremely sensitive skin as it will leave a comfy coating overnight. A good basic moisturiser for stressed skin. I bought this as I was having severe eczema appear on my chin at the time of the month, I tried many things also pure Aloe Vera and even that didn't help to prevent the eczema as much as this -amazing for reddened skin! I use proper eczema cream when it is really bad but this helps to prevent it, it may feel slightly tacky when you first put it on but gets a lot better as it sinks in, it's a white lotion which is pleasant to apply,don't need much.
More abou the product** Fragrance and colour free, main ingredient is Community Fair Trade organic aloe vera comes from Guatemala. The aloe leaves are hand-harvested, hand-washed and hand-filleted within 1 hour.
Package: comes in a thick pot which some may find unhygienic.
Price: you can buy in 15ml (5) or 50ml, not cheap not outrageous. Great overall range.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jojonono

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This night cream is allright. It's rich and seemed to cool off my skin. I liked it, but don't expect any wonders. Other night creams does the job better!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kimmington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I was wary about this moisturizer's buttery richness and thought that it would definitely break me out (as some other Body Shop products do), but I decided to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised. It has even helped to tone down the redness in my cheeks that I've had since I was a teenager. It's nicely hydrating, and leaves my skin soft in the morning. It's not a miracle moisturizer, but it does its job.