July 24, 2014 | 1948 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I'm normally not a huge fan of MAC, since I think they're a bit too hyped, and I normally prefer drugstore/highstreet make-up. However the great thing about MAC, is that they have EVERYTHING. If I need anything I can't find anywere, I will probably find it at MAC.

Anyways, I was looking for a translucent powder that would take away the oil, set my makeup without adding more coverage or that heavy powder feel. This one does it all!
I apply a bit to my t-zone, were I normally get a bit shiny through out the day. I just make sure not to apply to much, because then it can look a bit too powdery.
I wouldn't say it last or keeps away shine for more than 4-5 hours, but the great thing about this powder is that you can reapply it on top of your makeup, without it looking cakey. It comes with a mirror and little powder puff, so it's perfect for on the go.

btw.
I have tried the Rimmel stay matte, but since it contains talc, it sadly broke me out. I also find it to be a bit too heavy and powdery, so I definetely prefer this MAC one over that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear and always had problems with oil and shine as the day went on. Since I started using blot powder I no longer have this problem, its mattifying and sets my foundation perfectly. I am on my third compact now, and have only ever gone shiny on some evenings during really hot summer days, after a full day of wear! I have really sensitive skin and it doesn't seem to break me out any more than usual, though sometimes it can accentuate dry patches. Overall I think it's a great powder and I will continue to purchase unless I somehow come across something better!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Deedianne

What is the hype? Just another over exaggerated mac product. Most press powders would do the same thing as this. Though I must say I really like the packaging. Overall I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by 96441

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First thing I want to say is this is the only product that has ever worked with oil and shine control.
I have suffered with oily skin ever since I was a teenager and have tried so many powders and other so called oil control, shine control and mattifying products and none have worked.
Such as Revlon colorstay powder, covergirl oil control powder, Maybelline dream matte, shine free, superstay 24hr, rimmel stay matte, murad mattifier, Neutrogena oily combination moisturizer, skin doctors t zone, nivea young, avene anti shine, formula 10..0.6 and those are just the ones I can remember and not one made any difference.
I was sick of wasting money trying products that didn't do what they were suppose too but I was getting fed up with my skin getting so oily only after 2 hours of applying makeup and looking yuck. So I saw all the positives reviews for the MAC blot powder and thought one last try, it was before Christmas and they had free delivery, It cost $36aud but worth every penny.
To compare usually at the 3 hour mark my face, especially forehead is very oily but with the mac on at the same time it's completely matt and at about 5 hours it's still pretty matt only maybe a little shine comes through but it's not greasy and yuck looking just dewy.
I love it because finally I have found something that actually works to keep my face matt. If you suffer from oily skin and need a product to keep your skin matt, then I would definitely recommend trying the mac blot you won't regret. I will keep buying it as long as they keep making it.
There's only one negative the colours are lighter than what the package says. I would usually be a medium at the most in other powders but bought the medium dark in the mac blot and it's still not too dark . I would recommend going up a shade.
But other than that it's a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

A mac salesrepresentat got me to buy this powder some time ago, and i was really dissapointed.

I have really oily skin that shines easily. The blot powder does simply not feel nice on my skin! and even if it makes my skin look matte, a short period of time, it makes me look dull and my skin just.....dead...

Before this I had the Clarins Ever Matte shine control powder, and really miss that one. The finish is nicer, satin but still matte. Feels good on skin too.

If you want a shine absorbing translucent powder go for Rimmel Stay Matte. A lot better - a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very oily t-zone and I need to blot almost after I finish doing my make up. I have to use tons of sunscreen because I have fair skin and every sunscreen I try makes my skin shiny in one way or another. This compact powder is a God send! It controls the shine and absorbs oil like no other, I do not look like a grease ball all the time. I'm super happy and will buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Leahdearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Purchased twice and will continue to purchase. Great for blotting on the go, or just to set foundation. It's great! I would recommend using a different sponge puff thing cause the one that comes with it sucks. But it's a good powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by aapoprocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. I have oily skin and is perfect to take that extra shine away without apply more makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let's just say I've had a MAC blot compact in my makeup stash for 5+ years and it's still not halfway gone. Actually, I think I'll toss is today lol. That's how little I've used this. I have oily skin, I'll usually blot with a clean and clear oil blotter and then power with this when I'm out, but my skin looks oddly orange and I seem to get oilier after using this. Caused a few breakouts as well. Kinda useless product for me.