April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

My skin is combination, with some pgimentation issues and the beginnings of lines and sagging on the cheeks. Personally I hated the smell and the very greasy consistency. Also I couldn't really get it to sink into my skin, no matter how little of it I use. I can't attest to its effectiveness because I didn't use it long enough to say.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't attest for this product's claim to even skin tone, I failed to notice a difference and have been using this for a few months now. Despite that, this is a lovely night time moisturizer. Takes a bit to seep into skin so I never put it on just before hitting the hay else it'll get on pillow. It has a light scent to it, I'm unsure how to describe, but it is pleasant. Hubby likes the way my face smells afterwards too lol. The formula is a bit thick but not overly so that it's pain to apply, my skin feels so nice after this soaks in and it helps keep me moisturized even during times I have to use a spot acne treatment (which crazy dry patches up my skin). And dry flakiness that occurs by nose is no more even since using this cream. =] I really like it and would re-purchase, however I may try a few more creams when this finishes up just to see.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by dharmagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. It sinks in nicely leaving my skin soft with no residue. I like the scent, but it's probably not for everyone. It has a kind of refreshing herbal-oceany smell which doesn't linger very long after application. I bought this product because of the many natural ingredients and the DMAE. I've used it for about three months, but sparingly, and it doesn't seem to break me out or irritate my skin, but since my skin is very breakout prone, I can't say for sure it hasn't. I don't know yet if the DMAE is working to firm my skin, but keeping my fingers crossed. Wish it didn't come in an open jar, but it's fairly thick (but emulsifies easily) so a pump probably wouldn't work. I just use a clean swab to dip into it. Price is great, I think mine was about $8.99 at CVS. I did notice a new batch on the shelves without the DMAE in it, so not sure if they've changed the formulation. I hope not. Also looking forward to trying the Natural Acnedote Deep Cleaning Astringent which has good reviews here.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

I replaced my Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream with this, and very happy with it. After about 10 days, skin looking a bit less red, and I even think broken caps less noticeable. And it's doing good things for my lips, which are softer and healthier. It costs about 1/4 the price of the Clinique so well worth purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Is supposed to stimulate cell regeneration to help correct uneven tone, and I've seen a difference in my age spots. No cones, yay (so no clogging of pores)! Good moisture for my very dry days. Doesn't bother my rosacea/sensitive skin near as much as most products that will lighten my age spots/discoloration. Natural ingredients.

CONS: May be a con for some that it leaves a feeling of stickiness and "moisture" residue, but if it's sealing in the moisture that it does, it's great for me when my skin is very dry. The fragrance reminds me of the ocean in a good way, but I wish it was a bit milder since I'm putting it on before I go to sleep. It's quite a strong fragrance. Some won't like that it comes in a jar, but I just make sure my hands are clean before applying. ******EDIT: Ended up bothering my rosacea too much.

ALTERNATES: They have a daily cream that is not so heavy. For gentle but effective skin lightening, I love Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase Skin Tone Perfecting Syndrome. For something a bit lighter than this, Devita's Evening Rich Nutritional Moisturizer with Tripeptide- 5. My new love is Derma e's Hyaluronic Acid night cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by meadowbird

I really wanted to love this product because it's chock full of nutrients but it just doesn't sink into my skin. I've been using this as a night cream for a few months and each morning I wake up and wash my face and I'm basically washing off a slippery film. I think it was also causing my skin to become dehydrated because it wasn't absorbing and therefore causing me to become oily throughout the day.
I do not like the tub packaging. The smell wasn't really overpowering but nothing fantastic.
Using this in conjunction with the cleanser, toner and daily cream I did experience an evening of skin tone however I have found Burt's Bees Radiance line to really deliver in comparison to this and have switched.
I think this product will probably work well if you have SEVERELY dry/flaky skin but still unsure about the absorption.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Ricardiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this as a night cream. The smell is pleasant and the product feels rich and thick. I pat on a layer which sinks in during the night and leaves my face fresh on the morning (without a thick night cream I wake up with my cheeks covered in flakes). A bit more expensive per ounce than I like to pay, so I'm experimenting with other products, but I will come back to this unless I find a miracle product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a review i'll update later, as i've only used it 1 time on just a part of my face. i know that sounds silly, but i'm allergic to cucumbers, and this has cucumber extract in it, so i wanted to test it out 1st.luckily, no reaction, so i'll continue to use it :)

1st off, this is a "new and improved: version. the ingredients listed above are incorrect, and the new 1s are as follows:

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Anacyclus Pyrethrum Root Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract(1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1), Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract(1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract(1), Cucumuis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract(1), Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Citric Acid, Diacetyl Boldine, DMAE Bitarate, Erythritol, Homarine HCL, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Squalane, Thioctic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol(1), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum).
(1)Certified Organic Ingredient
Standards
Hypo-allergenic
100% Vegetarian Ingredients
No: Animal Testing, Artificial Colors, Parabens, Phthalates, Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate or Sodium Methyl Sulfate.

my skin:
fair, slightly freckled and scarred from acne, combination, acne-prone, and sensitive from use og an AHA, BHA, Retin-A, and Taz. have used hydroquinone to fade most of my freckles, as well as some 12.5% TCA peels to help with scars and pigmentation.

what i expect(ed) of this product:
i came accross this when i was at target looking for regular night cremes for after peels and when my skin's just feeling especially dry. i wasnt necessarily looking for something to fade discooloration, just for lots of moisture. I have previously been using Burt's Bees Radiance Night Creme w/ Royal Jelly, but found that it wasnt all that great for sensitive skin, as it stung a little upon application, and the fragrance was kind of strong for me. it will be nice if this does even skintone, but just a bonus.

trial:
this has fragrance, but nothing extreme like some others below have noted. i dont know if its the new formula or what. but the smell is nowhere NEAR overpowering. There was no stinging when i applied it. it IS thick, but thats what i wanted in a night creme. i dont find it to be greasy at all. it doesnt all immediately sink right in, which i like. if it did that it wouldnt be moisturizing enough! i put it on after my shower and then went to bed an hour later, and by then it was sunk in enough to lay my face on my pillow without feeling like it was getting all rubbed off and going all over the place.
when i woke up this morning my face wasnt oily at all, just felt nicely moisturized. i have no reddness or irritation, and if it were going to cause me breakouts it would have already.

so far i'm giving this a 5 overall, and when i update afer a bit i'll adjust the rating if necessary.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really really nice cream. I used it all up. It is super thick and creamy and feels so nourishing on your skin. Really nice for after a facial steam. I read a review below that said it stinks. I disagree. I found myself really liking the scent of this cream. I used it mostly at night before bed and I found the scent to be very soothing and calming. It smells almost earthy, I think it's all the seaweed and algae in it, because it almost smells like the beach. Not fake beach, but really natural smelling. I really enjoyed using this as a gentle eye makeup remover as well. Also as an eye moisturizer before undereye concealer. All around, a great buy and I plan on repurchasing again soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this because of the super affordable price and the list of ingredients and benefits it offered. Unfortunately I have only been able to use it a few times because the smell is unbearable. It smells like aftershave, or one of those "ocean fresh" room sprays you keep in the bathroom. The smell is so strong that I recoil from the tub when I open it and then when I put it on my face I can smell it for a while afterwards, and it lingers on my fingers and then when I wash my face in the morning I can smell it again. Yuck. I have no idea why a company would put this amount of fragrance into something you use on your face.

It does make my skin feel smooth in the morning, but its not worth it. Returning, will never repurchase.