Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

on 7/5/2013 8:24:00 PM

So i have the most sensitive skin on the planet...I bought this a month ago as i was desperately seeking SPF protection and a good moisturizer i could wear under my foundation (or one that would repair my skin). This isn't moisturizing enough for me, yes it sinks in to the skin fast however it doesn't do much for dryness. If you have dry skin i would avoid this.

I also had a reaction around my most sensitive area (near my eyes) after being in the sun and then falling asleep with this on, I will be giving this back tomorrow and hopefully will get a refund. I was lucky to buy the smaller size which was a limited edition.

I am still on the search for a great SPF hydrating moisturizer...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I gave to this moisturizer so many chances to prove that it worths its 50euros! Light hydration, a silky-soft matte finish, sun protection! But i really can't see the results of this moisturizer because i can't understand its role! Well, i think that environmental stress is not something that a moisturizer can give a solution! Sorry Clinique, not this time!

on 6/13/2013 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

THE best moisturiser for my skin! And I've used A LOT of them!

I use the comb-oily formulation as it's oil free, so make sure you get skin typed before you purchase. It goes on like a dream, quickly absorbs and smells amazing. Clinique is 100% fragrance free so sometimes you just smell the ingredients as they as, but since they use the finest quality of those ingredients it's never bad just sometimes blah. Superdefense however is lovely :)

This is for anyone who wants a good moisturiser plus a high SPF. It is packed full on antioxidants and I've noticed a huge improvement than when I was just using my DDMG by Clinique. I use 3-step religiously, and anti blemish ones when I have breakout. Adding this and my Clinique serum has improved my skin texture and its glowing and tighter :)

on 4/23/2013 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the worst moisturizers i have used!
when applying it couldnt stop bulking up and flaking on my skin. Went back and asked (unfortunately in Greece no money back guaranty) the clinique sales girl and she told me it was because i needed exfoliating! When told her i exfoliate an average of 1-2 times a week and dont thing that that was the problem and that i was not willing to exfoliate more to get this product to work properly she had no clue why it reacted like that on my skin.

on 4/17/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourites. I use it as an anti-stress cream and if I go to the beach. Doesn't leave my skin greasy or sticky, never had any problems with it at all, using since 2010.

on 1/9/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought it today, so I don't have such an experience, but now that I put it all over my face, I feel that my face for the first time in my life, is not greasy! I have an oily skin, so although I used to buy moisturizers for normal to combination skin, everytime I put the creme, my skin was oily. I'll make an update after a few weeks, to tell you something more, but for now, I would say that this one for combination to oily skin is really aborbed fast by skin.

on 1/5/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Have gotten this as GWP a couple of times, never actually purchased it. Tried to like it since I love the Super Rescue night moisturizer and I thought this was the daytime version of that product, basically the same but with SPF. But the Super Rescue doesn't break me out and this does. I have combination skin and find that a lot of products with SPF cause me to break out, including this one. On top of that - I hate that it comes in a jar. And I can't say my skin responds to this any better than it does to a less expensive moisturizer, haven't seen any benefits that would justify the price compared to the 3 step moisturizer. Yes it has a lot of fancy ingredients but if you can't see the difference on your skin what's the point. They may be in quantities too small to be effective.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This review is for the combination oily/oily version. To me, this product has two major faults. The first is the packaging--I don't always avoid jar packages, but I'm a very pale person for whom sun protection is very important, so when it comes to SPF, I really worry that the ingredients are degrading every time I open and close the jar. I don't want SPF stored in a jar. The other problem is the eye-burning: after only a week or so of using this product, I started having a strong reaction to it, where my eyes would burn and itch and water for a while shortly after I applied it. That's disappointing coming from Clinique, who I feel like I can normally rely on to have non-irritating products. The only good things I can say for it are that it's not too greasy and it didn't break me out.

on 11/20/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I needed some intense moisture as fall was coming and my skin was dried out from sun and environmental stressors. This is a great cream but it burns/stings a little when applied after I use my clarisonic. And God forbid I apply this accidentally anywhere near the eye area.

The packaging includes a little tab that keeps the product moist/safe even if you forget to screw the lid back on overnight.

This white cream feels very smooth and blends in very well. No white is left over after application. I prefer white or clear products to products that contain dyes and colors.

on 7/23/2012 4:04:00 PM

Simply my favorite for years now. Shame it's so expensive though, although I would nearly say it's worth it.
From time to time when my budget is tight I go for other facecreams like L'oreal, but nothing else really does it for me other than this Superdefense from Clinique.
Just love the light, fresh, non-perfumy smell, the way it glides onto your skin, moisturizing all day and keeping you safe from the sun with its 25SPF. It gives me a dewy glow and I always get complimented on it, ever since I started using it.
No break outs here.
But, like I said, at 36 a pop, it IS pretty expensive!

Popular Moisturizers