July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Crestaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

One of my favourites. I use it as an anti-stress cream and if I go to the beach. Doesn't leave my skin greasy or sticky, never had any problems with it at all, using since 2010.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by QueenofHeartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love what this does for my skin. I've tried a lot of clinique moisturizers and this is probably my favourite because of the SPF and the feel. Don't let the consistency fool you - it's SO light and absorbs right into the skin, no greasiness. I'm serious!! You hardly even need to work it into the skin. Amazing. It is pretty expensive and there isn't a pump but just be sure to wash your hands before you dip your fingers in (which is what you should do anyway before you touch your face) and you're good to go. Definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it today, so I don't have such an experience, but now that I put it all over my face, I feel that my face for the first time in my life, is not greasy! I have an oily skin, so although I used to buy moisturizers for normal to combination skin, everytime I put the creme, my skin was oily. I'll make an update after a few weeks, to tell you something more, but for now, I would say that this one for combination to oily skin is really aborbed fast by skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have gotten this as GWP a couple of times, never actually purchased it. Tried to like it since I love the Super Rescue night moisturizer and I thought this was the daytime version of that product, basically the same but with SPF. But the Super Rescue doesn't break me out and this does. I have combination skin and find that a lot of products with SPF cause me to break out, including this one. On top of that - I hate that it comes in a jar. And I can't say my skin responds to this any better than it does to a less expensive moisturizer, haven't seen any benefits that would justify the price compared to the 3 step moisturizer. Yes it has a lot of fancy ingredients but if you can't see the difference on your skin what's the point. They may be in quantities too small to be effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the combination oily/oily version. To me, this product has two major faults. The first is the packaging--I don't always avoid jar packages, but I'm a very pale person for whom sun protection is very important, so when it comes to SPF, I really worry that the ingredients are degrading every time I open and close the jar. I don't want SPF stored in a jar. The other problem is the eye-burning: after only a week or so of using this product, I started having a strong reaction to it, where my eyes would burn and itch and water for a while shortly after I applied it. That's disappointing coming from Clinique, who I feel like I can normally rely on to have non-irritating products. The only good things I can say for it are that it's not too greasy and it didn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Jeda21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I needed some intense moisture as fall was coming and my skin was dried out from sun and environmental stressors. This is a great cream but it burns/stings a little when applied after I use my clarisonic. And God forbid I apply this accidentally anywhere near the eye area.

The packaging includes a little tab that keeps the product moist/safe even if you forget to screw the lid back on overnight.

This white cream feels very smooth and blends in very well. No white is left over after application. I prefer white or clear products to products that contain dyes and colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by joja22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simply my favorite for years now. Shame it's so expensive though, although I would nearly say it's worth it.
From time to time when my budget is tight I go for other facecreams like L'oreal, but nothing else really does it for me other than this Superdefense from Clinique.
Just love the light, fresh, non-perfumy smell, the way it glides onto your skin, moisturizing all day and keeping you safe from the sun with its 25SPF. It gives me a dewy glow and I always get complimented on it, ever since I started using it.
No break outs here.
But, like I said, at 36 a pop, it IS pretty expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by vixennez

I have a combo skin: my cheeks are dry but T zone always oily and acne prone. I bought dry/combination skin version of this product. I t gave exactly what my skin needs: some moist to cheeks, mattifying T zone. And this version 'dry/combo' is a very rare option overall moisturizers so since it exactly describes my skin, I had the optimum benefit. I just changed my moisturizer because I started to use a series of products to get rid of my imperfections but when I finish this treatment, I will definetely turn back to this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Loonyhoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have struggled to find my HG moisturiser and this one is not the one. My skin flakes easily and is on the dry side. I use the dry combination skin type for this product. It does moisturise but it is not anything spectacular. It feels a bit heavy and yet is unable to moisturise to my desire.

I think it also clogs my pores a little too (but I believe all cream moisturisers clog pores to some extent) . I bought this because the sales assistant suggested it. I know I will definitely not be listening to them again.

It is not the worst moisturiser but for the price it is definitely not worth it. It is way too expensive for an average moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ambereyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do think my skin has improved since using this.

After only a week I felt my skin looked more even and was definitely softer. Its sun protection isn't failsafe because I still got freckles on my nose after a day out in NYC in the 80's (I have medium skintone). You only need a tiny amount and it covers very well. I imagine that it could cause breakouts if you use too much.

I will definitely buy this again.