December 17, 2014 | 1813 users online

Crème - Cle de Peau - Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by tipperooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big BB cream fan being that it's easy to color match and derive multiple benefits from one product. While it's great for me during the normal day, I've been searching for something that gives me that truly flawless look for those times when I just need a little something more. After reading so many reviews I decided to give Cle de Peau Silky Cream Foundation a try. I'm really tanned at the moment so am around a MAC NC25. The SA color matched me to O10 which just absolutely melted into my skin (the I10 looked a bit too white on me, maybe when my tan starts to fade), in fact it looked so natural I couldn't tell there was anything on my skin. The feeling of it is like a fantastic moisturizer; easily spreadable, melts in with a very soft yet velvety smooth satin finish.

I have pretty sensitive skin that gets very oily in my t-zones after a couple of hours no matter what products goes on it, ergo I always use a sebum control base plus setting powder and wash anything off immediately after getting home. I didn't notice the transference issue that the previous reviewer wrote about. After my Cle de Peau concealer, a literal half pea sized dab of foundation applied with my fingertips and setting with Lunasol translucent powder in 01 swirled with Laneige SPF 50 powder sunblock, my face looks like it's been photoshopped to perfection. No visible pores, no caking, flaking, creasing even after 8 hours of running around town doing errands. I had to touch up with some powder after 3 hours but for having actual foundation on, that is a true miracle for me. Yes price is slightly prohibitive but it could easily last a good 6 month plus if something is going to be on your face for such an extended period of time, it's worth investing in the most suitable product no? Best of all, no breakouts and no bumps in sight. See the SA at Neiman Marcus or Saks and get a sample which in itself is enough to last through a weeks worth of continuous application and more than enough time to make the purchase decision.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by risababy

Firstly, this foundation is WICKEDLY EXPENSIVE! Enough said. However, I must admit that it is extremely high quality, everything from the packaging to the foundation itself. But I think it should be worth around $60-ish, maybe $80 at most for the full-sized. (It's retailed at $120CAD). Being from a working-class family, I almost fainted at the price.

This foundation offers maximum, true coverage. It's on the thick side, being a cream foundation and I definitely recommend moisturizing beforehand for a smoother application and silkier finish.
However, this foundation TRANSFERS. I kid you not. I took a lippie off because I used it for prom. I leaned on my boyfriend's shoulder with my cheek and next thing we knew, there was a dusting on the shoulders of his suit. Yes, finishing powder was used. The lasting power was amazing though, we couldn't get it off his shoulder!! People kept telling him there was something/dust on his shoulder all night.

The packaging is cute! You turn the base to dispense product. But you truly only need very little. Also, you can take off the cover (the second lid) and there will be more foundation underneath! I was surprised at how much was lurking underneath. Provided another month's use, I would say.

I am an NC15 and used 10. It was a little bit lighter, but not significantly and scarily so. The smell is a tad strong, but I had no qualms with it. It smells powder-y and like a perfume mature women might use. It didn't break me out or clog my pores, so I was happy :)

I would buy it again in a blink if it were cheaper, most definitely!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Extraordinary foundation.

It took me a long time to learn that a grain of rice size of the foundation is sufficient. At first, I was using far too much and it looked like I was wearing a kabuki mask, especially since I use the lightest (not available in the US) shade.

Used properly, the foundation is very, very good. Coverage is remarkably even and full. Finish is matte and soft.

I have taken off a lippie because this really is outrageously expensive--- it is not worth this much. I would spend $80 on this, but not $120+.

If money is no object for you, do consider this. It is the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by 0rang3chan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, great product from Cle de Peau! It has yet to let me down. Great coverage, hydrates my skin (does not make me break out or dehydrate my skin!) Gives me a very even natural skin tone.

Packing is great, very hygienic, two twists, and you have all the product you would need for one use! Also nice size, great for traveling! When you run out, you could always lift up the cover, and there would be a good 3 uses or more worth of foundation there!

Price is expensive, but all good things come with a price! Will always buy again and again! I think I'm on my 3 or 4 bottle now!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hjf234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm hoping some of you can help me. I want to love this foundation so much. I normally wear Armani LSF in 5.5 or 6 in the summer. I love the way LSF looks, but I don't think the coverage is anything outstanding. I sought out for a new foundation and found CDP. I was told I was an O30. The foundation is completing drying under my nose and forehead. The even bigger dilemma is the way I photograph in this foundation. I love taking pics and it's always so depressing seeing me look like a ghost in photos. This has never happened with any other foundation. I even tried mixing the foundation with GA liquid bronzer and that did nothing. I'm about to give up and try Sisley. Any input is greatly appreciated. My email is hjf234@gmail.com

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by chloehoong

i just got the latest cdp foundation last sunday and cant wait to use it the nex day before stepping out to work. on the first day nite, i found some little breakouts on the cheeks. i tot that was caused by the La cremme by cdp too, after all, i think this doesnt reali suit me. it is sold rm380 in malaysia. i have reali heartache today and guess that have to go back to Guerlain in which i found that more suitable to me T.T

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by annievell

6/08/10 EDIT....it seems i just cant win. :( *tear* i have NOTHING against this foundation. i still believe it is one of the most beautiful wearing foundations I've ever tried (hundreds it seems). However, my skin is just TOO oily to handle this for more than an hour. its possibly breaking me out but nothing bad if it's even due to this. The fact is that this isn't oil free, and 2 hours in you could smear my makeup off my face. I already have a sample of EL double wear. crossing fingers

HG. the end. i need plenty of coverage and this looks natural no matter what. you should use a primer/mattifier if you have oily skin AND use a powder over it. its flawless natural coverage. many people will find this overpriced, unless you have high standards for makeup! : ) if you are a makeup junkie, you should be able to see the difference immediately. IMO, leaps and bounds above any other makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

This foundation is 118$ and it does not live up to the price. It's very similar to the Giorgio Armani face sculpting cream foundation (which is also in a jar and costs about 70-80$). I was very disappointed in the coverage and finish that this foundation deliver. Even with the use of the primer (i used the Cle de Peau primer as well cuz the SA gave me the sample when i purchased the jar). With the price tag, i expected this foundation to give me a flawless finish. However, this foundation does not last long and the coverage was quite mediocre at best. I got the 030 shade which is a good match for my skin tone but i did not like the finish cuz it did not cover well and it didn't stay on even with the use of a primer and setting powder. I have used many foundation from MAC studio fix, Chanel Luminiere, Estee lauder double wear, MUFE HD, to the drugstore brand like maybelline, covergirl, revlon, lancome to the higher end like giorgio armani etc...And this foundation is not as good as the double wear or MAC foundation or the MUFE ones. Save your money and invest in something else that is actually worth the price

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by user1988

Edit: Oh this is so sad, this is making me break out along my jawline and right below my lip. I might try the satin version to see if there's a difference otherwise I can't continue to use this because we're not talking one or two pimples. We're talking pimples in bunches (I know that's gross but that's how bad it is).

It's been a long time since I've found such an easy to use foundation. I'm a foundation junkie so have plenty of foundations, from Kanebo Lunasol to Armani to La Mer, while all of them are good there was always something missing. They always needed a lot of work to make it look perfect, until I tried Cle de Peau. The version I have is the older version, not the satin one. I got it off ebay for $27 dollars so it's not a bad deal for a $118 foundation. The coverage is beautiful, not dewy or extremely matte which was a surprise since all the cream foundations I own needs a setting powder to look less "dewy" I guess. I prefer the matte natural look so this works well for me. I also have the cle de peau concealer but this foundation doesn't even need additional concealer, looks great, applies flawlessly and quickly. Best of all, it does not oxidize! I can't wait to get the powder and another concealer to go along with this. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this cream foundation from Cle De Peau... One thing that I don't like about this foundation is that IT IS EXPENSIVE... Besides that, it's perfect... The foundation has this good scent and I can't even believe that I'm putting on a foundation everytime!
I need a foundation that gives me a full coverage since I have a lot of scars on my face and is long lasting when put on.. I am a lazy girl that hates retouching everytime, that's why that's an essential for my foundation.

Also, I prefer cream instead of liquid because cream is easier to control for me. I used to use the CoverGirl Clean Makeup Liquid Foundation and it is very hard to control where as for the creams, you just need to put a small dots on your face and spread it all over, you're done with it!
I am an O20 for this Cle De Peau Cream Foundation. Take note, I am NC30 for MAC. :)

What else I can say about this cream foundation from Cle De Peau? Well... It comes in an elegant packaging and I love it! Credits to Rochelle (my little sister) for purchasing it for me!
By the way, it can be purchased for HKD 800+ (as far as I can remember...) per 20 mL here in Hong Kong.