OPI Black Onyx

4.1

on 3/26/2012 1:59:00 AM

Terrible formula. Does not go on smoothly, and does not even itself out. Looks sticky like tar. I bought it as a base for my duochromes, but it's terrible even as that.

on 3/13/2012 3:54:00 PM

I have this on my nails right now. I just got a gel manicure with it. It's the purest, nicest black I've ever gotten. Usually when I get black it doesn't look like a true black & even tends to fade. This one really is a true black & its really pretty.

My #1 choice for black polish. My nails DO NOT turn yellow after cleaning off this product (of course, you need to use a good base coat, too!). Very basic, but a necessity in any manicurist's collection.

on 10/20/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has been my least favorite bottle of OPI. Mine was really runny at first and bled all over my cuticles. I was beyond irritated and had to remove the polish and start all over. When I reapplied, the polish was really thick and gloopy. It dried to a jelly, rubbery consistency. It almost reminds me of electrical tape. It looked really nice and shiny for about two days and now I have chips and smudges on day 4. I'm really unhappy with this one. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

An okay black nail polish that applies evenly. I used two coats and the polish is a little thicker than I like.

on 9/20/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best black polish ever. It's a gorgeous black and looks so glossy and classic with a shiney top coat.

on 9/20/2011 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a perfect black. Great shine, excellent coverage with just 2 coats! Black Onyx is really one of my absolute favourites.

on 8/3/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's awesome pigmented black. long lasting.

on 7/9/2011 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the few black polishes I own. It's a super dark black that dries to a very shiny finish. No need for a top-coat on this shade because it's super glossy. Formula isn't so bad. Maybe a little bit watery than usual but still workable and not streaky. I usually only apply one layer and I'm done! :)

on 6/22/2011 2:06:00 AM

Black nail polish is my "go to" color. It goes with everything I wear and it just looks so chick. Black nail polish no longer represents "goth" or "emo". I wouldn't buy just any brand of black polish, because we all know black chips easily. Although almost every brand has a black polish OPI's "Black Onyx" is by far the best. It stays on for days, doesn't chip, and is shiny even without the clear top coat. I think this product is worth the $7 bucks.

Popular Polishes