Lise Watier Base Miracle – Pore Minimizing Primer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Silsesquioxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own several primers and have tried and sampled quite a few others and, all things considered (price, results, how it feels on the skin), I would have to say that Base Miracle is the best of them all.

This is the best primer for "shrinking" the look of pores, at least temporarily. It makes the skin look flawless and poreless. Before I had redness in my cheeks to camouflage, I often wore this over my moisturiser, with no foundation at all because it really does impart a "perfect skin" look. Now I wear it under either liquid or powder foundation and it is still just amazing. It doesn't feel greasy or oily when first applied - more a velvety, almost "powdery" feel. It minimizes pores, keeps oily break-through at bay and makes a smooth base for any foundation you want to apply on top. It is so superior to products like Smashbox's Photo Finish primers (all of the various formulations). If you are looking for a great primer/perfector and you can get your dainty little mitts on this one, GRAB it! It's worth the trip to Canada, if you're near the US border!

Love this primer! I get very oily on my forehead and nose, and this put a quick end to those days. My face is matte all day long without getting dry. I also appreciate the hygenic packaging.
I can't say it did anything for my pore size - so if thats what you're looking for I'd suggest looking elsewhere. But for oilies, it is definitely worth a try - I don't think you will be disappointed!

I absolutely LOVE this primer. I've had this for over a year now and I have to admit, I really disliked it when I first got it. I thought it felt oily on the skin and did nothing to make my foundation last. Since then, this primer has just been sitting in my drawer, unloved. However, I decided to try this again about two months ago and I fell in love.

For those that thought this felt oily on, try to rub it in a little more. Also, allow this to set for a minute or two before applying foundation. I found that this works extremely well with liquid foundation but if you use mineral makeup I would not recommand this product since you might find it a little drying.

I found this product to really make foundation last (if applied properly). When I use the primer, my foundation lasts all day with no fading or oxidizing. It is also very mattifying. With the primer on, I have minimal oil breakthrough during the day and I have extremely oily skin. In general, it mattified my face for at least 3 to 4 more hours. I wouldn't say this does anything to minimize pores however, although it made my skin super soft for foundation application, there is no visible difference in the size of my pores with this on. With that said, it does make your pores look smaller if you use the right foundation.

Overall a great product and I probably will repurchase although I do like trying new products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Fav Primer!! Doesn't really minimize pores on its own.. but does give your makeup a smooth base to apply it to. Makeup doesnt sit in pores so that helps to minimize them. Controls oils and is velvety smooth!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first primer I've ever tried and I'm not really sure that I care to experiment with any others since I think this is a safe bet. It gives foundation application a smooth base. As soon as you rub some of this primer on your face, it instantly erases whatever shine was there. It doesn't feel oily to me. It also doesn't break me out (I have pretty sensitive skin). I don't think it does minimize pores, but I guess I don't really use it for that purpose.
I can't remember how much I bought it for exactly, but I know there's more expensive ones out there (like the infamous Smashbox primer I think), but probably cheaper ones as well. I will definitely buy it again whatever the price is. Regarding the packaging, the only thing I dislike about it is that it's in a tube. I'd love to find a primer that comes in a jar so that I don't end up wasting any of the product. But maybe that's asking for too much ...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff! It gave my skin a smooth and matte finish! And I have oily skin! The oil is actually gone after :D It doesn't clog pores too! Its a really good base.

This is a nice product. It doesn't minimize pores, but it has a smooth finish. It also doesn't hide pores much, but foundation (or some loose powder to hide pores/blackheads) works well over it.
Compared to other primers, this is very light, didn't break out, and controlled oil/shine all day long. It's a bit pricey for the amount --but cheaper than other brands.

I don't use this for pore minimization because my pores are near invisible, but I do use this to prevent shine. And OH MY GOODNESS... WHERE IS THE OIL!? The best for my oily T-zone. I hate using blot powder during the day because of all the germs going back and forth from my face to the brush. Very smooth finish after application, as well. I don't wear foundation, but I do spot concealing with MAC Studio Finish and this primer works well for that. Grabs onto the concealer better than concealer on bare face. IIRC, it was 28CAD, but I've had this tube for so long... probably over a year? Still not done, but that's probably because I only use it on my T-zone. I think that the cotton powder in it gives it more oil-blocking oomph.

I love how my skin feels after applying this - so nice and soft. My makeup goes on much nicer after this. I will definitely re purchase as often as I need to. You don't really need to use a lot, so it will last awhile.

I like this primer a lot better than smashbox. It smoothes the skin instantly and it not as slick feeling as SB. Makeup looks great over it, and it does minimize the pores I have on my cheeks. Love this product, deserves HG status.

Popular Primer/ Correctors