September 22, 2014 | 1266 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Lip and Lid Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by zebraxing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this on my lids with with H.I.P. shadow on top and it all turned cakey, muddy and smeared within a couple of hours. Crappy $6 L'Oreal concealer (the one you paint on) worked better as a lid primer for my fairly oily lids.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by dutchdaantje

I was looking forward to trying this, after having great experience with the photo finish foundation primer spf 15 & dermaxyl.
First thought that came to mind was: 'Is this all?'
Yesterday was the first try out. The lid part comes on really smooth, doesn't seem dry to me at all, just nice, light and creamy and easy to spread over the whole lid with your fingers. I just did a very light eyeshadow thing, but the colors looked good. Only when I got back home from work and looked in the mirror [SHOCK], my brown eyeshadow had transfered into my crease. Not to my satisfaction at all! I normally use UDPP and that never fails me. Disappointment for me.
The lip primer however is the part I like :D It also goes on smoothly, does not feel dry, or dry out my lips, the color of my l/s is very intense and really stayed put for at least half of the day yesterday. Today it lasted me almost the whole working day.

I really hoped this would be a good one overall. I will use it, but will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by CptSkye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate this product - in fact, because this was the first lip primer I tried, I thought they were all crap until I tried idBE Lip Revver Upper (which I love) I like some Smashbox color products - but their foundations, concealers and poweder formulations have really gone downhill lately...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by pretty6464

It dried out my lips and lid. Not smooth at all! Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Randami

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product because it keeps my eyeshadow on longer but the lip primer doesn't work that well. It cakes up and sucks out all the moisture on my lips. I would only buy the lid primer again if it was sold seperately.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ferishti614

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I have oily, dark eyelids, i liked the lid primer. My eyeshadow lasted longer and also showed up better after i used it. The lip primer was also good... again, the lipstick color came out truer and stayed longer. However, I can see how this would be drying and sticky for someone with normal to dry eyelids and lips, or with someone with fair skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I could have used concealer as a more effective shadow base. I didn't buy it for the lip primer; that part of the product didn't seem to work either but it would be unfair to judge it as I don't use lipstick primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

SA recommended this to me after I complained about makeup always smudging after a night out, leaving me to look like a raccoon. She put this on my lids on top of Anti-Shine and then did a smoky eye with tons of eyeshadow/mascara... It looked great! I went out for my 21st birthday that night and at the end of the night, my makeup wasn't perfect but I didn't look crazy & raccoon-eyed. Never do my eye makeup without this now.

edit: decided that it wasn't worth it to purchase this again since I never use the lip side, found similar primers that do the trick. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by FountainofYouth

Did not like the fact that this was a dual purpose product - I just wanted a lid primer so now have this lip primer which by the way, doesn't really work. The lid primer helped marginally to keep eye make-up on longer - but only slightly longer. You might as well use your concealer on your eyelids - no need to buy another specialized product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Jox3347

Worked okay on my elids but too heavy and chalky under the eyes. Limited color choices.