April 17, 2014 | 955 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - The Gingerbread Man Foaming Bubble Bath & Shower Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disgusting. I can't stand this stuff. I can't even use it anymore. I'm going to give it to my husband or...I don't know...anyone I can pawn it off on. Its drying and the smell is horrid. Yuck. It makes me slightly ill. Not at all gingerbread. I used it a couple times and it gave me a headache. The ONLY good thing I can say about it is that is suds up nicely....but thats it. I will NEVER repurchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

I bought this at QVC.com and overall not impressed. This smells like ginger ale (the secent was fine) and it was too drying for my skin. I would have returned it but since it's heavy it wasn't worth the return shipping costs. Bottom line: I gave this to my husband to use lol =P

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by little7elf

As repeatedly stated, it smells nothing like gingerbread. However, for me, that's a plus since I don't especially care for the foody/baked goods types of scents on me. However, why Philosophy has named it Gingerbread Man is beyond me?? I also think it's better as a spring/summer shower gel than a winter one. This is primarily because I find the smell to be a limey sherbet with a hint of ginger. The after scent however is a light floral soapy smell. With that being said, it's very sudsy (which may not be a good thing if you're not into surfactants) but that hasn't really bothered me yet. I can't comment on how drying it is because I'm usually not into super moisturizing washes and our winters pretty tolerable in the south. I'll do an update after I've used this for long enough to comment on the hydrating and cleaning aspects.
UPDATE: used for a while, not had a problem with dryness but I always moisturize post shower, anyway. It's bad as a shaving gel but it's great as a sudsy bodywash. One pump lasts for my entire body and then some. I also still really enjoy the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells absolutely wonderful, and is one of the richest and foamiest gels I've used. I received a 4-oz. bottle with the salt scrub in the Holiday Rescue kit, and they're both some of my favorite products from Philosophy. However, I deducted a lippy because both products contain toxic and minimally-regulated ingredients. Despite how great this smells and lathers, I don't think I'd repurchase because I get upset with cosmetic companies that poison their customers (I'd recommend www.cosmeticdatabase.com for future reading).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by leslilly

Horrid product. So glad it was a gift and I didn't waste my money on it. The aroma was blah. The product didn't suds up very well. I was told that Philosophy is an incredible brand but this made me not believe it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by vtkind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a Christmas gift and that's the only way it would be in my possession. Most of the time when people discuss product scents on here and someone says a product doesn't smell like it's intended I tend to wonder what it is they're smelling instead. In this case, however, I can honestly say that the product does not smell anything remotely close to gingerbread. I don't even smell the ginger ale scent people have mentioned. I smell just a general soapy smell. I don't mind the soap smell, but when I'm hoping for a warm, spicy gingerbread smell, I'm disappointed. The smell is actually shocking if you're expecting gingerbread. You'll find yourself smelling it a lot in hopes of picking up a gingerbread note or something but you won't. I won't buy it again b/c for the price of Philosophy products, I'm not going to buy a product that smells like nothing more than regular soap. I can buy this scent for 99 cents somewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by keelygirl2

Gosh what a dissapointment this was! I got really suckered by QVC on this one because I bought 4 of these in the 32oz size to give as Christmas gifts. Well, I kept one and that's how I discovered the unpleasant odor and how it strips your hair. I gave an honest review on the QVC website but the moderator has denied 2 of my reviews since they were "too unfavorable". I will check on here from now on BEFORE I buy! And the worst part is that QVC wants me to collect the 3 I gave out-near impossible because my Mom, sis, and grandma live from 2 to 12 hours away-then I would have to ship the 4 back at my expense they said. I did read one lady on here said this smells like kitchen cleaner, so I was thinking of trying it on the rims of my car. I bet it would work as well as Billy Mayes' Orange Clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: I've used up about 1/2 the bottle now and I've changed my mind about the scent. Its still definitely ginger ale, but it has an after scent that is a mild, clean floral that I'm really liking. Really puts me in a good mood for some reason. While I still wouldn't buy it again due to the dryness factor, I am enjoying this bottle.

Definitely ginger ale, not gingerbread. In fact it smells exactly like ginger ale, which is a bit disappointing for me. I was hoping for a warm, spicy, gingerbread scent. Only need a little for tons of suds/foam which is nice. Unfortunately it dries out my skin. Seems to have an almost astringent quality to it that is just too harsh for my skin in winter. I've been adding oil to it so I can use it up, but won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2007 5:27:00 AM More reviews by bluecaffeine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Philosophy is usually so fantastic when it comes to scents. The pumpkin? Oh yes, it smells like pumpkin. The cinnamon buns? Yummmm, delicious. But the Gingerbread Man? What the heck happened here? This smells NOTHING like gingerbread. It smells exactly like those disgusting ginger-ale based punches they used to serve at my middle school dances. This is the single most disappointing beauty buy I've had in my lifetime, I think. I bought it from QVC, naively expecting it to smell like Gingerbread. Unfortunately, I think the scent is just.. gross. I truly don't wish to bathe my body or my hair in this smell. I'll stick with Bath and Body Works next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used it because it came with my Gingerbread Man suitcase set last holiday season, but I didn't love it. It has a decent spicy, sort of citrusy scent which was great for fall, but that's about as far as it goes. It's a bit drying and one of those scents that I don't find myself reaching for again and again, so it was a one-shot deal.