Revlon Brow Fantasy

Pencil Contains: Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Gel Contains: Isododecane, Dimethicone, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Polysilicone-6, Paraffin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 2/12/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good Brow pencil but I never use the gel side. It dried crusty and in a white kind of color, which definitely doesn't work on my dark brown brows. I'll probably buy something different next time.

on 1/2/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

About me: NC15 chocolate brown hair green eyes. I dye my hair dark brown so my brows are a little lighter and more ash than my hair. I use brow products just to define them a little and add warmth/depth to the color.

Pros
-Cheap
-Looks natural
-easy to use for beginners
-lasts all day
-Color Dark Brown worked wonderful for me
-Brow gel is tinted and great for those days when I don't want to do a full MU look
-Brow gel is not crusty
-Stays on even through a sweaty workout

Cons
-The packaging. I ran out of the pencil already but I still have tons of the brow gel left. The pencil ran out fast because of not being able to sharpen the pencil all the way down to the bottom. So, there is product left but i am unable to use it.
-I ran out of the pencil pretty quickly. I like using Tarte Brow Mousse and MUFE aqua brow. Both of those Mid end to HE end products last me over a year even when using one exclusively on a daily basis, so in the long run, I don't see this Revlon product being less expensive over time.
-The tip of the pencil is rather thick and it doesn't bother me but for those who have more sparse brows might have an issue with this.

If you are new to using brow products and just want to start learning, this product is great since it is a two in one product. However, if you do your brows daily but you want a cheaper option, then this is not for you because the more expensive branded items actually have lasted me 2-3 years which will save me more $$ than buying a new revlon brow product every 3 months.

I will not be repurchasing because I can save money buying a product that will last over a year.

on 12/12/2013 10:29:00 PM

For starters, this will work. But overall, I think this product is just so so. I found the pencil to be quite dry, so it didn't glide on very smoothly. Also, because of the packaging, it is almost impossible to use up the pencil, which is a waste since the pencil itself is already short. If you use this a duo, you will definitely use up the pencil before using up the gel. The gel on the other hand is decent, nothing special though. It did not leave my brows crispy and gave decent pigmentation and staying power. Perhaps Revlon should make a separate gel? Will not repurchase.

on 12/3/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this kit, but not enough to buy it again. The pencil side is great. It goes on very easy and blends well. However, I feel like the brush side has too much product on it. It does set your brows and lasts throughout the day. I think maybe I prefer a clear gel rather than colored. I have very thick brows and don't need extra color other than to fill in a few spots and define the edges. So, I didn't like all the extra product and color that came with the gel/brush side. It was very messy.

UPDATE - I've noticed I have these dry white flakes around my eyebrows after a few hours when I use this product. It's really noticeable. It's not hard to clean off, but it makes my skin look flaky around my brows. Not cool!

on 11/26/2013 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best commonly available drugstore brow kit! If you are just starting out and curious about doing brows I would highly recommend it. For the 10$ (Canadian) price tag, less if you catch it on sale, it's my favourite!

I have very dark brown almost black hair with natural red highlights but pretty much black eyebrows (with no warm red tones). I got this in dark brown and it's great.

I personally use both the pencil and the gel, but I have friends who use only the gel if they just want some brow control.

Only complaint is that the pencil runs out before I'm out of gel... oh well it's cheap enough that I don't really care!

on 11/8/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in the dark brown shade. I have been using it for about 6 months and I love it!! Before this I just used a dark brown eye shadow with a brush but this is much simpler and quicker. I actually don't use the gel part, just the pencil. I like my brows to look very natural. Will deff repurchase!

on 10/19/2013 9:43:00 PM

I adore this product! I actually fill in my brows with "naked" from the NAKED palette, but the setting gel is a must have (HG) for me! My brows look natural and hold all day. Can't thank Revlon enough for this amazing product! Highly recommend!!!!

on 10/19/2013 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love love this brow product! The best part in my opinion is the tinted gel. The tinted gel has a very very slight shimmer that keeps the eyebrows from looking too flat or fake. (I would buy this over and over just for the tinted gel) I love that the gel makes your eyebrows just alittle more defined and filled in without looking fake or drawn on :) The pencil is pretty good because it is more on the drier/powdery side so it resists smudging.

on 9/7/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was looking for a colored brow gel (which seems to be hard to find in a drugstore product) so I bought this. As it turns out, I really like the pencil too. There's nothing fancy about it, it's not too hard, not too soft, it fills in my brows nicely, it stays put and doesn't smudge. The gel is very light. I don't have super unruly brows, and it holds them in place just fine. I'm honestly not sure if it would be great if your brows need a lot of taming. I bought Brunette and the next lighter one (light brown). The lighter one is closer to my natural color, so I use that for more natural looks. I use Brunette when I do bolder eye looks. I've already repurchased both of them, so it's a favorite!

For the dark brown shade from Revlon,
I love this brows pencil! it was not too harsh of a color and it also look natural ( which not many brands have for their brows pencil) BUT I am disappointed at how the pencil doesn't last very long. The gel part is fine when you want to go a darker shade for your brows because it DEFINITELY makes your brow darker. I just wish they made the gel and pencil separately.