July 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even #2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Emmi87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AH I wish I could love this stuff... I usually really like Benefit cosmetics but this was kind of a disappointer. It was free so I don't feel like I wasted my money. I think I might be overapplying since the makeup becomes very cakey and makes any dry patch on my face really noticable. At first I thought it gave me an airbrushed look, then the next day it looked horrible! The little blotting sponge is kinda useless too. Overall doesn't really cover my redness, cakes up real quick and is too pricey. Wouldn't purchase again. Nooo Benefit!!! You let me down. Big time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

Im glad I decided to try this! Every time I need a new powder I always consider this one, but then ultimately skip it for something else. I wear EL DW and needed a pressed powder for touch ups. I was looking for a powder with decent coverage, as my skin has lots of marks and scars. After applying foundation and concealor, i apply this all over with the sponge (not the greatest sponge mind you), and then blend with a fluffy brush. Im NC20 and bought #2, which is a good match. This powder surprised me at how well it controlled oilies, which want even my main goal in a powder. My skin gets oily no matter what, so i had given up on oil controlling products. Well, this powder doesnt look chalky or crack on my face, and after running errands all day, I realized that I hadn't blotted yet. I looked in the mirror and my face wasnt even all that shiny, as it usually would be! This powder probably saves me a couple blotting papers less per day than Id normally need. I wasn't impressed that the first ingredients was talc, as talc powders usually make me itch, but this one wasnt bad at all, and keep in mind I have sensitive skin and eczema. Will update if this ends up not working for me. Oh and the packagins is a little bulky but oh well. For 30$ its a decent deal compared to some other powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by lovettmann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't wear much make-up at all, but this stuff is a constant in my purse. It transforms my look from "just- washed-face and I can tell you're getting older" to "a little bit polished and you haven't really aged" in just a few swipes. Also, the #02 shade of medium works well in summer or winter for me. Only gave it 4 stars because the sponge is really lousy and they don't give you as much as they used to. Sturdy compact with a mirror, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

The first time I used this I loved it because it seemed to be covering everything. Then I realised it was way too heavy for me as I for the most part (knock on wood) have pretty good skin. This cakes on your face too, then cracks, the disappears in places.. Not the best powder I ever used.. In general I find that foundations / powders are not benefit's strongest point.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Laski

The first few times when I was using it I was put off by the fact that right after applying it has a quite powdery look on the skin, not very natural. BUT I have to say, the coverage this product gives is excellent! I´m always bugged by redness on my face, and even with liquid makeup, it often shines through. This powder really erases the redness (at least visually) and after the powder had time to set for a few minutes, the skintone is nicely even and the powdery look disappears, and it looks as if I had spent a lot of time applying foundation. I have to say, I only use the sponge that comes with this product when I´m freshing up my makeup during the day in the office or so, at home I always apply it with a big fluffy powderbrush. There´s nothing faster when I´m in a hurry in the mornings, and the color fits my skintone just fine. Great product, and I would definitely buy again if there weren´t so many new things tempting me. I would like to try "Hello Flawless" next, but at some point I think I´ll buy "Get Even" again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by valngau

I have oily combination skin & looking for something to touch up after an shiny breakout, which normally happens after 2-3 hours post makeup. Benefit is a brand I can trust and have bought probably half of their products, but I am disappointed with this one.

I expected a very light coverage with oil blotting capabilities but after application to my shiny face, it looked more like a powder foundation & emphasized the pores on my nose. No doubt it mattified my skin but after a while, my T-zone went shiny again but couldn't pile on more powder otherwise I'll look over made-up. The color is not translucent but quite opaque after application.

This powder is more suitable as a foundation rather than a blotting powder for touch-ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Brookewannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this stuff. I wanted a new powder but couldn't find a good one I settled with. Normally I go with a loose powder. Either colored or just transluant or even shimmer. But while I was at the benefit counter I decided to check some stuff out and they tested this on me, said I was a shade 2. Anyway I bought it and don't regret it.

Let me first of telling you a little about it in my experiance words.
Its very light/sheer in another words I can pile this on. By the way I use a brush rather than the pad it comes with. I still have coverage but u can use as little or as much as you like. It makes me look flawless I dunno what id do without it now but I will tell you this it does not control oil! The one thing I don't like but I'm sure we can always buy a product for oily skins.

This really does finish my makeup. It's amazing as it's sheer n light but my gosh it makes a huge difference to my face and u can't tell as it's not at all cakey, heavy or chalky on your skin.

Best way to describe it is. It's the airbrush version of you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by juujuu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for something that would control oil but give me good coverage and am disappointed. This is a lighter coverage than I expected and it looks great when you first apply it but after a couple hours I am oily again and when I touch up it looks very cakey. The puff is also falling apart and leaving white balls all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I use revlon c/s in 220 natural beige and have this powder in #2 and it is a perfect match for my skin. I haver previouisly used the matching revlon c/s powder but wasdnt that keen on it so thought I'd give benefit a go. I've always found their products overpriced for what you actually get buit I managed to pick this up on ebay for £12.99 and am throughly pleased with it. I have redness on my cheeks and around my nose area and this product evens all of that out whilst successfully mattifying my skin. I love the sleek packaging and sometimes use the provided puff when on the go. The only gripe is that if you blot with this quite a few times a dqay it can cause youi to become a little cakey. However I do use quite a full coverage foundation so this may not be a problem for others who don't. Overall I think this is a very good find, my HG pressed powder. Will repurchase on ebay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sarahjanebermuda

I love this product and think it is the best powder for keeping your makeup on all day and evens out my skin tone perfectly. I always use a brush to apply it. Now living in NZ where you cannot get benefit so am getting it online as i literally cannot go without!