Nivea Lip Care - Rose

2.8

on 5/28/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I always end up buying more of this lip balm. it's one of the few out there that gives a really delicate, soft pink tone to the lips that isn't really glossy, metallic or glittery. it looks so natural and looks lovely against pale skin tones.
I also like the scent!

I also tend to put an SPF lip balm on first, and then add the nivea rose balm, as i find it glides on more smoothly this way (and there is added protection against sun damage).

on 4/21/2013 5:23:00 PM

I remember buying this product 8 years ago - it was amazing! Bought this lipstick recently, now the formula has changed and it is a FAIL for Nivea.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This lip balm give my lips a pink tint, but it wasn't very moisturizing at all. I don't think ill be buying this again.

on 3/10/2013 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Spanish version while I was at a resort in Mexico. I saw it in the gift shop! I've never seen the Nivea rose lip balm before, so I had to pick it up! It was around 5 dollars in Pesos (Mexican Currency)
(Nivea was translated to Labello and this lip balm was called Soft Rose instead of Velvet Rose)

I like the sweet smell of the product, doesn't really hit the rosey floral scent that much, but I still enjoy it! The pink pigment of the lip balm doesn't show too much on the lips, but sort of makes them look healthier in a way I think! The formula is a little too solid, but it still manages to make my lips soft and kissable! Although it has a few pros and cons, I still enjoy keeping this lip balm in my pockets or purse for whenever I need a lip balm fix! I recommend it :)

on 3/2/2013 4:07:00 AM

I do like the product but the rose-ness about this product is barely registering for me.
The moisturiser is decent but I much prefer the dark blue or "hydro" ones they have on offer.

Price is decent for the length of time you get to use it for. Should probably be reapplied after eating and drinking and probably twice a day otherwise.

Packaging is aesthetically pleasing but the cap becomes loose in purses or bags, so I'd be wary. Also the balm can melt if left in a warm area and not return to good condition once cooled. I've found that my cheaper lip balms are better at cooling off than this one - so I'd be careful.

Wouldn't buy this product or any of the Nivea ones because I do feel that there are more moisturising products out there for your dosh.

on 2/7/2013 6:16:00 PM

I really love how this feels and the price was good. Its smells sort of weird but i like it. The packaging is wonderful and makes my lips feel super sorft. I will buy this again.

on 1/30/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product, and I quite like it. It's the best lip balm ive tried. The packaging is super pretty and pink and its so cute. It's smells delish.
But, the bad points for me would be, I thought it'd have a pink shine when applied to lips, but it is just a slight shine. No pink tint. But It feels smooth on lips and I love applying. <3

on 10/22/2012 5:42:00 PM

Bought in Poundland for 1, the pink colour grabbed my attention, I have the newer style packaging not to keen on the wide diametreof the bullet as it covers my lip and also some of my face but it feels nice to hold, it looks pretty in my handbag too
the actual balm itself is nothing to write home about, I like the slight scent this has and it makes my lips feel gorgeous but if you are expecting any kind of colour I would pass on this, if I apply three layers I get a hint of shimmer which makes my lips look healthy.
Probably would repurchase as it does a good job as a balm.

on 9/7/2012 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The packaging wise, it's like any nivea lip balm, it's pretty decently packaged. Product wise, I grabbed this as well as the cherry one and the strawberry one which I left both at my vacation home! So bummed that I only brought the rose one back. (I haven't tried the cherry/strawberry ones). The consistency is really creamy, when I swatch the lip balm on my hand, it goes on really smooth and with a hint of pigmentation. The smell is floral-like, hence the "rose." The color is a bit of a cool-toned baby pink, but it doesn't go too well on the lips. It builds up on certain areas on my lips and although it glides smooth, it goes on heavy which I don't like. The tint doesn't suit my lips, it just looks like a layer of frosty lipstick. This is totally a product I regret buying and luckily it was only $3. If you see this product, you can totally skip it because it's not a good tinted lip balm, but it doesn't mean nivea doesn't make good lip balms. :/

on 4/22/2012 12:53:00 AM

So I love the nivea strawberry lip care one,I really love thattt!

And one day,I jump into my fav cosmetic shop,and I decide to give this lip balm a try.

And I was so disappoint:'(((

The colour is too sheer,almost like invisible,
Smells weird,I just hate it!
Not moisture enough for my dry,chapped lips
And I think if only I bought the strawberry one,

Definitely won't try again!!!!

Popular Lip Treatments