July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Blush - Scott Barnes - Chic Palette in Samba [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very beautiful blush. All of the previous reviews are just great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 8:50:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Left shade: matte apricot-coral, like salmon pink; similar to BB Apricot and similar to but slightly peachier than the middle shade in SB's Chic Palette in Posh

Middle shade: demi-pearl rosy coral pink, slightly deeper and rosier than the rightmost shade

Right shade: pearly/shimmery peachy coral pink; NARS Torrid is a very close match, and MAC Style is similar but peachier

Colors - "Three shades of vibrant peach" according to the Scott Barnes website; I would call them shades of coral - more peachy pink than plain pink. Unlike the the Posh palette, the three shades are quite similar to each other so IMHO they are best used individually instead of as blush-contour-highlighter, respectively. Well pigmented; very soft, silky texture. These three shades are gorgeous with my AAB/NC25 coloring.

Packaging - Palette with three rectangular pans in a line and full-length interior mirror. Sturdy construction with squared corners. Blush pans are generously sized. My only gripe about the construction is that the lid is not secured - there is not a lock or clasp or magnet to keep it closed. Looks great on the vanity but this palette has to stay at home.

Overall - Lovely. Would definitely re-purchase - these shades are great with my coloring (AAB/NC25) so this palette reaches HG status for me. I am sure there is a Chic Palette for every gal - and this is the one for me! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. This is just... beautiful. All that everyone has said is true about how flattering the colors are, how they make you look like you've got glowing skin... Orgasm never worked for me so I was skeptical about Samba (which I would call peachy and not peachy-pink) but when the MA put it on I saw that Samba gave me a natural, day in the sun, glow (versus an out in the snow flush). It's not a color I'll wear all the time because I mostly wear cool toned lippies and Samba looked dreadful with them (but luckily I have Venus or Brandywine for them) but when I'm wearing brickier red lipsticks or glosses then I'll be reaching for this. I never used to believe that peachy blushes were universally flattering but I guess now Scott Barnes has made me a believer! EDIT: This has become my favorite everyday blush! I wear it with a very thin line of black cake eyeliner and Chanel sirop glossimer for a natural, yet sophisticated, pretty look. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got to admit, the scary brilliance of these colors in the pan is misleading IF you use a light hand. I'm using it as part of a full coral/bronze winter face (nc25-30, mac c3) with SB San Tropez bronzer & Whisper gloss. It really does give a warm bright glow if you dust it on lightly. Don't think I'll ever need to buy it agian -there's so much in it- but I would if need be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I had to wait forever to get this but it was worth it. If you glance at these three shades, which range from peach-pink to more of a bright salmon, and think they're easily found elsewhere, just try this before you judge. The silky texture lights up your skin with an incredible glow, they're fairly long-lasting, and the three shades give you multiple options for highlighting, day vs. evening looks and so on. The price is a steal considering you're getting three blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is absurdly gorgeous- totally lives up to the hype. It looks exactly like what it is: expensive. It goes on like silk and wears all day. And the color (the perfect blend of pink and peach) makes my PPP skin look flawless and glowy, yet natural. It gave me what I like to call "Dollface", if that makes any sense at all :) Now I must purchase more of these babies using my Victoria's Secret credit card, and then hyperventilate when I get my bill...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this blush palette quite a lot during the summer months. I'm quite pale, and often use just the middle shade as a pop of colour over my bronzer. Or, on the day I decide to skip bronzer altogether, I use all three shades of this, and still end up with a glowy sculptured look, minus the fake tan. It's incredibly forgiving and natural looking on a pale girl like me, and pretty much effortless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 6:00:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite blush right now. At the moment I'm getting very little sleep (I've a 2month old baby) and so am permanently tired ,needless to say I look it, however, I've been told several times that I'm 'glowing' which can only be attributable to this blush as I look quite terrible without mu. So therefore I reach for this everyday now, though I have to say I only really use the last shade (the lightest one) as it is the sheerest & most natural on ,even though I'm very tanned and can wear strong/pigmented colours. I wish I could just buy a single of this shade as the compact is a little long for very small mu bags. Anyway, this is very easy & quick to use and has very good staying power for a powder blush and I don't even wear powder or foundation under this it goes on top of my sunscreen or moisturiser (when dry)- I find it longer wearing than Chanel and will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by creambunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this trio of blushes! I'm LLL and I do have to use a skunk brush because it's so pigmented. Very long-lasting and yes, it will make you glow, like it's coming from within. I use the skunk brush for the first 2 panels and a regular brush for highlighting. You can't go wrong and it's perfect all year-round. I managed to swap for this but would gladly pay retail for it. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by saulak

This a great product - it's so versatile and like the name, its packaging is so chic. I can use each individual colour whenever I want (I use it for eyes too) or I can sweep my brush over all three. Samba is good colour combo for those of us who are C5 +. Because the pigment is so good, it's worth using a good quality blush brush.