November 28, 2014 | 2023 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Sheer Raspberry Ice

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by shannand88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first purchased this I was thanking the lipstick gods for finally making something that didn't make me look clownish.
I am always on the hunt for a good, long lasting lipstick that doesn't absolutely suck. I am the only one of my friends with this problem and it sickens me. I honestly have no rational explaination for why lipsticks look so horrible on me. I'm constantly forced to wear tints and glosses (because they're so sheer). But I digress...

So I buy this stuff..happy with it, blah blah...a few days go by ...and wouldn't you know it??!! This crap gave me breakouts around my mouth! It was the worst case of chapped lips I had ever had...and it was in the middle of the summer! I was wearing carmex for a week. Even my boyfriend (who never notices things like this) was like...are you having an allergic reaction to something? ....because it looks like you have herpes.

light bulb.

No, not herpes. Allergies. I'm totally allergic to this stuff.
This is the only product that has ever done this to me. So, I read up on it, and it isn't as uncommon as I'd hoped.

So to sum it all up...Great color, consistancy, staying power...and if it works for you than I'm jealous.
Unfortunately, My search continues.
My advice is to be weary...because if you're anything like me, you could wind up looking like you have an STD.

Thank god for carmex...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour and have for a long time. It's NOT what you'd expect "raspberry ice" to look like. It's a neutral, sheer rosey-corally shade. However, I've had problems with this l/s lately, melting and breaking off inside the case, just like the previous reviewer. And sometimes the smell (slightly fruity) is annoying, but I'm very sensitive to smell in any l/s.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Jassmin

This lipstick is an absolute mess!!! It broke off from the base, and believe me, I did not twist it up too high or let it melt. It started out that it would push back and collect on the tube. After about 5 uses it completely fell apart. I tried to continue using it, but it would get everywhere. You would think that I left it in a hot car, however, I stored it at room temperature in my makeup case. Thankfully, I paid under $6 for it. I have no complaints about the color. Though I don't think that it is described/named accurately. In my opinion, it has more of a brownish tint to it. I would like to mention that the mess and breakage has only happened to me with this sheer color. I purchased another Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in the color rosewine, and I had no problems with it falling apart or making a mess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Contrary to the other reviews, on me this lipstick actually is a cool-toned pink. There is a subtle shimmer. Just like the name, this lipstick is sheer, even when applied with a heavy hand. I don't have a problem with the formula, but I don't think I will repurchase because this color kinda looks like faded lipstick on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this lipstick. It's a nice shade of rosy/pink on me. I can wear it everyday. It lasts a long time. I use to really love and adore Avon lipsticks, but I personally feel that they are not interested in creating new colors in ulra rick and/or reneweable shades. The newer lipsticks are horrible. I've become a MAC addict due to this. I've haven't been disappointed with MAC lipsticks...yet.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

The name does not represent the color of the lipstick properly like it was said before, it is more towards the bronzy/coppery side of the color spectrum with a tiny hint of pink. The color does look very pretty but like the others said it has no staying power. I have to disagree with some of the reviews made on here i dislike the consistency of it, it goes on okay but after a while it feels very drying, i would not buy this again even with the pretty color. Personally i am sure i can find that color somewhere else with better staying power and consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by cher13

This is a great red-pink color that provides that natural, yet noticable color to your lips. However, the color may be a little too pink for my taste, so I use a light hand everytime I use it. Also, the lasting power isn't very good, but I would still buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Joyciejuice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! Just enough color to make your face sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by jenniferlm21

this color is so beautiful! i just love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea why Avon named this shade 'Raspberry Ice', there are no berry tones to it at all that I can detect. It's a beautiful, warm, coppery rose color. It's similar to Clinique's 'Sweet Honey', except it's a tad pinker and has a very slight shimmer. It really isn't sheer at all, but it is a moist formula. I apply it after a layer of PC Lip & Body Treatment to make it more sheer.