Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Slopes

4.5

on 3/23/2009 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After reading all of the reviews on this color, I decided to give it a try. But I am on the fence with it. I am tough with lipsticks, I have a taste issue. This is my first Bobbi lippie and witll probably be my last. It has a taste that makes it unwearable for me. The color goes on creamy and seemed to last a long time. But I couldn't get over the taste.
The color was very pigmented which is nice. It's a nice rosey-brown on me. It's very natural and great for daytime.
I like wearing lipstick to work, and gloss other times. I usually wear Chanel RA's and will stick with them. But I love Bobbi Brown and wanted to give this a try.

on 1/27/2009 9:28:00 AM

I have this as a part of the Artist Palette, LE for Fall 2008. Its a lovely color, feels soft on my lips and is slightly moisturizing. Most of all what I like about it is that it doesn't shout red. It looks like I may have been skiing on a cold winter day. Very pleased with this one

on 7/11/2008 5:42:00 PM

Really great red brown color. Not too dark, not too light. Very wearable. Might actually be my HG. I do find though that I always have to blot with Bobbi Brown lipsticks as the color is a little dark at first. I usually blot once and put a little gloss in the center of my lips and perfection. Don't be afraid of this one. It's not too red. Also, Bobbi Brown website has an 'ask the artist' feature for any questions on color. They always get back to you and are a great help.

on 3/14/2008 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Like many people, I fell for this l/s when I got it in the slopes palette - on my pigmented dark pink lips, it's MLBB - a dark plummy-rose with brown. I do not get red at all with this lipstick - which surprised the SA - as you can tell from many of the reviewers, on many it appears as a reddish brown. It's a creamy lipstick - it's got just enough moisture not to be matte but it's not supermoist or slick. Just classy and pretty and sophisticated and easy to wear. very comfortable on lips - feels like lipbalm. The smell, vanilla, is inoffensive, and the lasting power is good -it starts off looking moist but it settles into a pleasant stain that subtly brightens up my face. This is a solid product and my HG.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was my first Bobbi Brown purchase. I admit I was mostly drawn to the name, I love anything associated with snow or wintertime. I had a really hard time getting my hands on this or any BB product for that matter. Why is it that no one ships internationally? You can only get BB at Holt Renfrew in Canada & I dont happen to live near one. Grrr!
Anyways its a nice deep reddish brown. I find its a touch too dark on me with bare lips ( i have quite pigmented lips) so I like to put a touch of concealer on first & it comes up a nice medium plumish colour. I like how this wears through the day, espesh if its a bit dark when I first apply it, as it does settle down to more of a stain effect. It is a bit dry but it lasts a long time ( for me about 5 hours & I ate lunch in that time aswell). Packaging looks classy. It really reminds me of this Bonnie Bell lipstick I had when I was about 14 that LOVED. I can see this becoming a favorite.

on 9/28/2007 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got a mini Slopes Lipstick for free with my Bobbi Brown order. Beyond it being mini and adorable, I have to say, I applied the lipstick and was instantly a follower. The color is rich and extremely flattering on everyone. This could become my hg lipstick, it reminds me of Cargo plant love in yellowstone, but more opaque. If you're at all tempted to try this- go ahead and buy it. I bet you'll love it.

on 9/12/2007 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I debated over getting this for a long time as I had the gloss. . .did I really need lipstick? The answer is yes. It is such a versatile color. It's very matte especially if you have been spending the last few years wearing glosses, but this isn't a bad thing. Depending on what color gloss I use over top of it, I can play up the berry tone or the red tone or even the brown tone in the lipstick. I've worn it nearly every day for two weeks which for me is really saying something.

on 8/11/2007 4:36:00 PM

I'm a MAC NC30, BB Warm Sand, and LM Sunny Beige with dark black hair and eyes and I think I may have found my dark beautiful fall shade for the upcoming season. If you can imagine the perfect shade of deep red with an undertone of berry and a slight touch of brown... this is it. I fell in love with this instantly.

The texture is super smooth and creamy. The pigmentation is phenomenal... Just two swipes and my lips are ready to be stunning in the fall. The lasting quality isn't bad... it does provide a bit of a stain after time so it doesn't look completely rubbed off.

Overall, I'm really happy with this purchase and it's one to stay in my makeup kit for a long time :)_

on 3/27/2007 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Slopes is one of the colors that I come back to again and again. First I used up it up in the palette. I was happy to find that the color had been released as a single lipstick that would be part of the permanent Bobbi Brown line. This color is ideal for someone with a light, cool skin tone and green eyes.

on 12/29/2006 3:07:00 PM

I fell in love with this shade from the slopes palette and was thrilled when Bobbi offered it in a full size stick. I love it for fall and winter and her glosses just work so well with this shade. I mostly use rose sugar with it.

Popular Lipsticks