November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

It worked for a day, than it broke me out:( I rlly wanted to like it cuz I had two bottles of this stuff but I gave it away:/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This tiny bottle has worked wonders for me.

Yes, it's $9 (USD) for a minuscule bottle and smells like cheap tequila, but I'm willing to overlook these things because it really does help with breakouts.

The tiniest bit goes a very long way!

As soon as I can feel a pimple forming, I use a q-tip and gently dab a drop on the affected area (over my serum and underneath my moisturizer) and this literally stops the pimple in its tracks. I tend to break out during that time of the month, so what I do is add a few drops to my moisturizer to fight breakouts all day (and night). There have been numerous times where I've had an angry, red pimple and upon application of this tea tree oil, some of the swelling and redness have gone down in minutes. Yes, MINUTES!

I have clear skin in general and only suffer from the occasional breakout(s), so I can't vouch for this product for anything other than that.

Other reviewers have complained that this only contains 15% tea tree oil, but any stronger would be much too harsh for the skin...especially the face.

Since I literally only use a drop at a time, this small bottle will last me a long time.

I knocked off a lippy because the smell isn't pleasant and the packaging is a little inconvenient (I wish it came with a dropper). But other than that, amazing product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went on a huge whim and bought a bunch of the Body Shop's products from their Tea Tree line. I've heard great things about tea tree oil for acne, so that's why I snagged a bunch from the body shop to test out. They were also having a big sale at the time.

None of the products calmed my acne, including this oil. This TINY bottle only contains 15% tea tree oil, and the rest of the ingredients are other chemicals. It really didn't do anything for me, I just kept breaking out - sometimes even worse than I usually do.

As an alternative, I suggest using 100% pure tea tree oil found at the health food stores. Those are purely natural and actually works much better on my skin compared to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by littlestarface

For something so tiny it sure is pricey but does wonders. I do break out occasionally but don't have acne-prone skin. More blemishes if anything. If I do have a spot brewing I will immediately put this on it directly using a cotton bud after cleansing and moisturising.
If you have acne-prone skin or do break out I would definitely recommend this. You only need a few drops so don't waste the product.
Do not use this if you have dry skin as it's purpose is to dry the skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

AMAZING! I used to treat acne with this few years ago and completely forgotten about it. In recent months I have been suffering from a breakout in the forehead due to stress-I have tried everything-from Lush to other tea tree oil to scrubs. My acne improved, but is never completely gone. Then I remember the days when I had perfect skin I was using this product. I ran straight to the Body Shop and made my purchase. Oh-la-la!! It still works wonders. It shrinks my one bump in the forehead in minutes. No you didnt read it wrong, in minutes. I applied one drop directly onto the area and massaged it in with my finger. Within minutes the size of my pimple got significantly reduced!! Cannot wait to do the same before I go to bed tonight, I believe that my pimple will be completely gone by tomorrow morning! I am totally blown away and would definitely repurchase this product forever. It is a small bottle but considering you only need one drop at a time it is not expensive at all. I have tried much more expensive brands but this is the best! It does not lighten my scarring but I am satisfied. This is the only product I use from the tea tree line.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by fikhndyni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well.. I bought it because the sales girl there recommend me this when i asked her about an acne treatment... And it turned out that i trusted her too much. It actually feels nice and smells nice too. But, on the next day on my first try.. my acne got worse.. At that time, i though maybe it brings out all my acne out first and then smoothen it. But, NO! i have a really bad bad bad breakout even for the next couples of use. So, after third use, i stopped using it. I never actually have these kind of effects on certain products..So I guess This product just not made for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by ForeverKim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i broke out alot with it, but i thought it was given on the first couple of use, but after 2 months if applying, it got worse... I had pimples, newly formed everyday, then bumps that i dont know, it supposed to act as antiseptic to your but it didnt, so definitely not really impressed with this product...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

When i knew nothing about skincare i used this all over my skin to combat acne and it ruined my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jessfxster

First of all, I hated the bottle packaging because it took me forever to get it open so I could actually apply it. I have combination skin, and only some problems on my t-zone, so I only applied it in those areas. It was tingling, so I thought it was doing something, but it never really helped my skin at all. If anything, it made my skin quite blotchy. Definitely would not repurchase, also it's very expensive for such a small bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by bonbon01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soothing, lightens the colour of the blemish overnight.
Overall a so-so treatment oil.