July 30, 2014 | 2137 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Color Surge Duo in Strawberry Fudge

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by olivialoaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample size in my topbox subscription. I was disappointed by the colour. I would never choose pink or brown eyeshadow with my pale skin and light blue eyes. Wow- it actually is really pretty and flattering. I bit too shimmery for a day look, but combined these colors make a nice plum with gold shimmer that is gorgeous. Very smooth and blendable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this color! I have a really hard time wearing eye shadow. It tends to make me look hard like a biker. This color is pure awesome and very flattering! It works well with my hazel eyes, pale skin with yellow undertones and dark hair. It's great for any occasion. I sometimes wear with a pink or light purple lipstick.
I will love and repurchase whenever I run out. I found this 5 years ago and rarely go without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great every day eyeshadow! Very natural but enhances your eyes and makes them glow! I bought this online without trying it first. When I saw the pink in the case for the first time, I was put off. It looked super pink. I dabbed it on my eyeshadow brush, and it still looked really pink. I was afraid it would make my eyes look puffy like I had been crying or something (as most pinks do!) Wow...totally opposite! It's just a natural golden pink and makes you look polished and natural. My dark brown eyes just seem to sparkle:) The brown compliments the pink perfectly and blends into my crease easily. I will have to try more Clinique eyeshadows now:) The application is sheer and the formula is so silky. What a great quality eyeshadow. Gorgeous and will definitely repurchase:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best and most used eyeshadow I have ever had! The pink is subtle and pretty for every day, and the brown/bronze can be used lightly for day or put on heavier with eyeliner and mascara for a more nighttime look.
This set is also basically foolproof; you can put it on with your fingers in under a minute and it blends so well and applies so nicely that it looks like you actually spent time on it. I have a friend with darker skin and brown eyes and it looks great on her as well as my light skin and eyes. Even when I only use a little bit for a subtle eye look, I get compliments on my eyeshadow, and I'm no makeup pro.
I would recommend this for anyone. I consider it an essential in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such beautiful colours!! This is the eyeshadow duo I use every day. The colours are amazing and pigmented and very wearable anywhere!
I usually take the pink and put it in the inner half of my eyelids(the pink has beautiful gold undertone to it)and then put the brown on the outer half and blend.I put brown on the lowerlash line halfway and put black or brown liner with no wing depending on the occasion.
I recommend using a primer under this because the pink is not as pigmeted and the brown but still pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by damuko

I got to try this in one of their GWP compacts with another matte shadow and a blush. The burgundy shade I hate - I hate metallic sheen in crease shades, and this color in particular always makes me look bruised. But the pink shade is absolutely beautiful - it's a duochrome that shines very gold, especially when you rub it in. It looks gorgeous in the inner tearduct, or accenting the lower lashline. I'd buy the duo for this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Lilra17

This eye shadow is my go to eye shadow for everyday wear! The colors blend together really well to make a nice gold-ish color, and I love being able to blend it based on my mood. I do wish the colors came in a one-to-one ration though, because I will likely run out of the brown before the pink. Will definitely buy again when I run out though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such an everyday staple! The "strawberry" (pink side) is a gorgeous baby pink with a gold luminescent shimmer to it. I love it SO much I wish I could buy the pink alone!! The "fudge" is really a plum (I have to wonder why they wouldnt pair a brown with this seeing as they names this duo strawberry fudge but oh well...I digress) Anyway, the "fudge" is a nice plum that is not too purple-y and makes for a nice contour shadow. Very buildable. This is a fab duo for work, for every day. Can't ever be without it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by t2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it. It doesn't make my eyes cry like other eye shadows nad thats a big advantage. staying power is better than clarins.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ihartchanel

I really like these colors, the light pink has a lot of light gold shimmer, and the bronze has a reddish brown glow. they're really flattering for my medium skin tone and i especially like to wear the pink as a bottom lid liner for an awake look, and the bronze on my lid looks kinda smoky.

however, they don't really last a long time and tend to fade a bit and crease at the corner of my lids (most shadows do anyway so that doesnt bother me too much). i also have to apply these with my fingers because when i use the sponge applicator and brush, the colors turn out too sheer for some reason.