September 23, 2014 | 1473 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this 2-Way Foundation in shade 24/0C30 since I was 16+(after high school). I apply this lightly on normal days and slightly more on special occasions. This is my very first 2-way cake and it has never disappoint me for the past 4 years.

It costs less than SGD$20 but offers me great coverage. I don't even spend on branded make ups such as Chanel, Bobbi Brown etc. ZA is more than enough for my skin & so far, I am pleased to say that it DOES NOT give me any breakouts! The shade is perfect for my Asian Skin (Olive).

They also have pretty limited edition powder cases every year and they come with 2 refill packs if you get the whole set (which will include another gift such as a small purse etc).

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5 (Pretty pink cases)

Price: 5/5 (Very inexpensive & shows results)

Results: A+

Re-Purchase?: YES, ALWAYS! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hanryou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

The first foundation which I used because it's available everywhere in the local drugstores. For its price, I'd say it's fairly decent. It has good coverage and decent staying power (4-5h for oily skin). Za is also very creative in marketing this product as it sells the case separately from the foundation, so you have to spend more at first, but it's more environmentally friendly if you buy the 2nd-3rd time as you only need to buy the foundation. Plus Za also releases limited edition outer cases during certain periods, so your foundation case can also look pretty. This also means they're encouraging you to buy the foundation continuously!
Unfortunately, I found new love in MAC's Studio Fix compact powder so I stopped using this after the first time. This Za powder tends to make my face look too cakey and powdered, it's like I'm putting on too much make-up. But for its price (and nice packaging), it's a good buy for budget buyers.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by reikomk

Well I just can't believe to see comments that saying this product is good, nice, excellent or something. For me this products is really sucks. It mayb have good coverage but it makes my skin looks ashy, cakey & dull -__- Duh!! Can't blame cuz it is cheap, only RM30+ (malaysia)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by VENUSPEH

I have been using this foundation for many years. Though I have sensitive skin but i have no problem using it. It is not very costly too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by wyl

I am using shade 20. The colour matches my skin colour well. Coverage is not very good, but I am looking for powder that gives a smooth matte look and this works well. It also has spf 20 pa++. Also comes with refill pack, so it is very environment friendly and helps to save cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by babyfishnat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a really good foundation. I have large pores and oily acne prone with that is also dry due to accutane, this works so well covers medium
and lasts the whole day on my skin. it absorbs the sebum well and holds up even with my oily skin, while my dry areas remain comfortable. the only problem is I first bought this in Hawaii, and they don't carry it there anymore and I am only able I find it web I travel to hong kong. a great product and incredibly cheap

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by alexis007low

Well... it sucks on my skin! It isn't as beautiful as the True White 2 Way Foundation from ZA. It delivers light to medium coverage, still looks natural on skin. It doesn't control oil well and may be less acceptable to combination skin and oily skin and skin with more visible flaws. The colour range is provided well, from the almost lightest asian skin tone to asian tanned skin tone. You should be able to get your tone easily. The price (about RM32) is almost the same as the True White but I think its better to get the True White since the prices are similar. This foundation may be drying to your skin (it did on my skin). However, its a nice foundation for skin with very minor flaws ^^. It is easily applied and should be able to last you at least 8 hours. Make sure always looking for the limited edition cases cause they simply look great to be in bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by gracegaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an good foundation, very reasonably priced. I'd say that this suits oily skin, so if you have dry skin, you might want to re-consider getting this. The staying power is pretty ok with me as I layer this over my Revlon colour-stay foundation. Pretty good coverage. I use this for touch-up for an everyday make up look, since I don't want to use Mac Studiofix everyday. I'm a Mac NC 42 and I'm currently using shade 24 of Za which seems to be the closest match. I will re-purchase this and I'm probably on my 4th powder. :)

But of course if you compare this with high end brands like Mac you will be a tad disappointed. But for a drugstore brand, this is one of the best I've seen.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by wmhfnrzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is decent with an equal number of pros and cons. I'll start with the pros then. For starters, this foundation is pretty cheap. In Singpaore, if you find it at a sale it would only cost you close to $15 (just the refill at least). Secondly, I think that it's initial coverage is pretty good. Not full, but somewhere between light and medium. It's easy to apply (sponge given is better than many other drugstore foundation sponges) and it goes on quite smoothly. Doesn't completely erase your red bits and pores, but it minimizes the appreance of them. The compact is nice and flat, sturdy and durable too. It comes with a wide mirror so that's always a plus for touch ups. I've never worn it wet, but putting it on dry on top of moisterizer does the trick. This foundation is easy to work with and can be pulled off quite nicely with enough practice. Also, this stuff has lasted me half a year, with everyday use plus touch ups. For cons however, the staying power is not fantastic. You've got to touch up quite often (every 3 - 4 hours [sometimes 2] depending on how oily your face gets) and blot. If you don't blot, you'll end up looking like a greased pancake. One thing I notice that sometimes even after touching up, the pores on my face looks more visible and it looks like I've had some cheap powder on. Especially in Singapore, where it's humid and hot. "Building it up" will make you look like you slapped flour on so it can be quite tricky to decide how much to put on at first. They also don't have a lot of shades (4 or 5) and I picked the second lightest one and it's a teeny bit too fair but the next shade would have been too dark. Also not a foundation that goes well with flash. Fantastic in natural lighting, but flash makes your face look almost vulgar. Also, this powder has a nasty habit of wanting to be the last powder on your face. I can't wear a powder blush on top without sweeping off some of the foundation and revealing my pores. I think this product is great for those starting out in makeup and looking for cheap and decent products. However I think I've come to outgrow this foundation and I'll be looking for something else in the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's pretty decent if you don't have combination skin. After applying it to my freshly-washed face, it does make my skin smoother and brighter, unfortunately it does nothing about my huge pores. Also does nothing about covering up my blackheads. I know a powder foundation is supposed to offer light coverage, but the coverage is pretty much shit if you ask me. Of course, 3 hours later when I sweat/ my sebum glands continue normal operations the effects all but disappear. Little bumps appeared on my face when I used this.

Perhaps I would have better luck in time. After all, I'm inexperienced in makeup, so problems with coverage will hopefully resolve in time.