October 25, 2014 | 1826 users online

Lipstick - MAC - So Chaud

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by appleanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! I am a NC43 and this vibrant orange-red shade looks gorgeous on my skin color. The texture is pretty much the same as all other matte MAC lipsticks, you need to exfoliate your lips before & it stays put forever. I don't even need to wear any other makeup while wearing this. It makes my face. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed with rocking orange lips for the past year and this lipstick does not disappoint. This shade is bright, bold, and a great way to rock an orange lip when you don't want a full on orange, but a slightly softer and more wearable colour thanks to the red undertone. The formula is creamy, smooth, and has a matte finish. With the matte finish I always ensure my lips are properly pampered with exfoliation and hydration to avoid the cracked, patchy, and dehydrated lip appearance that mattes can enhance. Wear time is fantastic too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MERdusa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my perfect colour.
I am really picky on reds, because the whole world seems to look good in a blue-based "true" red, while I just look washed out and really gross. It's one of those things when it just doesn't look right and you can't quite put your finger on it.
So I tried 'Lady Danger', but that still was too pink. Then I got suggested 'So Chaud', and it's super orange, but more people should being trying it out. A more orange based red looks better on people with a more olive or gold undertone in their skin like me.
This lipstick, like most MAC's, is amazingggg, and the colour makes me so happy every time I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Saw this on jenn Im and decided that I need to stalk her completely by buying the mac shades she wears. She has great taste in lipstick.

When I saw it in the store, I knew I had to try it. I am usually into blue based reds or vampier ones, especially since they are irresistible to creepers, but I wanted to try some other colors that are more fresh and inviting for spring. I have no problem with orange lipsticks or coral shades, but this one is a cross between red and orange that livens up a basic red. It reminds me of a more orange Vegas volt and looks absolutely beautiful with stila's gladiola and a nude or neutral eye. I like that its more of a daytime glam look that's full on rather than backing out of the limelight with a sheer finish.

Also, my hair is an artifical blood red color right now and this lippie only enhances it more rather than clashing with it. It brightens up my look so that I don't look super alternative or goth.

Strange that mac carries colors that are very similar, like this and lady danger as well as morange. There are very subtle variations between these colors, however, and its in your best interest to swatch in store to decide which is the most flattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favs! I originally went to by Morange but after the that color didn't pair too well with my skin tone the MUA suggested this color and it was love at first swatch! It's the perfect orange for me (NC45), its bright but not shocking and I prefer the matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by RachellelovesLA

I purchased this lipstick like three years ago and i didn't use it a lot until now, i absolutely love this color it's a very bright orange red and it's matte so it makes it very long-lasting! But before you use it make sure to exfoliate your lips and to maintain them hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by didi23

So Chaud is a red orange lipstick. It is great for those who want an orange lipstick but not as bright as Morange l/s. It is rather bold and has a matte finish so major lip exfoliation is necessary. I make it brown girl friendly by pairing and blending it with a brown lip liner like Chestnut. I wear this with a dark brown smokey eye or with a dark grey smokey eye to make it more modern. This color is quite long lasting too.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know WHAT made me buy this product, but it wasn't for me! I love to buy products that have cool names and meanings. In this case, So Chaud = So Hot ;) I don't know if it was a red-orange lipstick trend that led me to buy this, but it's really orange! I'm so focused on how the color looked on me, I don't even remember anything else about it!

To my tan/Asian ladies: DON'T BUY THIS, unless you're going for a BOLD look!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by thiscowsgotmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My god. I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. I own quite a few red-ish lipsticks such as Mac's Russian Red, Ruby Woo, and Chili (though this one definitely leans more orange), and amongst all of them, I reach for So Chaud the most. For reference, I am Chinese with medium-tan skin with yellow undertones (NC 40/42), and this lipstick looks phenomenal on. The formula is matte, so it is a bit more drying than regular lipsticks, but with that comes the longer staying power. This stuff even lasts pretty damn well through a meal too! Granted, that's with me being careful about not getting greasy food all over my lips, but still, the lasting power on this kicks ass. I highly recommend this lipstick if you're looking to experiment with a bold new lip color, as this isn't for the faint of heart! However, if you want to try out orange like Morange, but don't know if a full-on orange lip is for you, then this is an awesome alternative. Definitely more wearable than Morange, in my opinion. This lipstick is fiyaahhh ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by TheBrownFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely bold and bright, darker girls if you feel this is too bright, try chili, it's toned down but still packs an orange punch. If you dare to be bold try so chaud. Absolutely gorgeous on deeper toned girls. Definitely a shade that can look too intense under macs notoriously horrid lighting. Bring it home and see that it's actually gorgeous nw50