February 1, 2015 | 2264 users online

Lipstick - MAC - So Chaud

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by PaulaCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the color of so chaud, is a bright orange but not so light as morangue. My problem with it is that I feel that it doesn't look matte on my lips and also that sometimes when I apply it looks really lumpy.

My sister has told me more than once that for her it looks very similar to ruby woo, but I must disagree, I think so chaud is much more yellow than ruby woo and not half as matte.

I do like the color but it's so temperamental with me that I don't think I would get it again.

Of all my mac lipsticks this is the only one that I feel like the formula has change since I bought it, and also, it's the only one that acts different every time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by mkim12313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the bright orange lips trend but had a hard time finding one that worked well with my skin tone. I am asian with medium, neutral skin tone, that is prone to tanning. Morange looked fine but it didn't have that effect I was looking for. That look I've seen in magazines and on the runway. "So chaud" is perfect! bright and happy. It looks red in some lights, orange in others. Anyways, whenever I put it on, I feel like a quirky but pretty j.crew model. Except like, a foot shorter :P

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I really love the shade of this lipstick. For reference I'm an NC 45. I remember going into MAC looking for a bright orange lipstick that did not make me look strange. The SA originally suggested Morange which I hated on me. Then I happen to glance over So Chaud and it was perfect. This is a great lipstick shade for darker skin girls without being too over the top. You can minimize the rest of your makeup and pop this on and voila.

My only pet peeve with this is that I have to use a lip brush and lip liner to make it look perfect. This is not a lipstick you put on when you are in a rush. You have to make sure your lips are not dry and well exfoliated. The price is not too bad either. For me this is a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by appleanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! I am a NC43 and this vibrant orange-red shade looks gorgeous on my skin color. The texture is pretty much the same as all other matte MAC lipsticks, you need to exfoliate your lips before & it stays put forever. I don't even need to wear any other makeup while wearing this. It makes my face. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed with rocking orange lips for the past year and this lipstick does not disappoint. This shade is bright, bold, and a great way to rock an orange lip when you don't want a full on orange, but a slightly softer and more wearable colour thanks to the red undertone. The formula is creamy, smooth, and has a matte finish. With the matte finish I always ensure my lips are properly pampered with exfoliation and hydration to avoid the cracked, patchy, and dehydrated lip appearance that mattes can enhance. Wear time is fantastic too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MERdusa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my perfect colour.
I am really picky on reds, because the whole world seems to look good in a blue-based "true" red, while I just look washed out and really gross. It's one of those things when it just doesn't look right and you can't quite put your finger on it.
So I tried 'Lady Danger', but that still was too pink. Then I got suggested 'So Chaud', and it's super orange, but more people should being trying it out. A more orange based red looks better on people with a more olive or gold undertone in their skin like me.
This lipstick, like most MAC's, is amazingggg, and the colour makes me so happy every time I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Saw this on jenn Im and decided that I need to stalk her completely by buying the mac shades she wears. She has great taste in lipstick.

When I saw it in the store, I knew I had to try it. I am usually into blue based reds or vampier ones, especially since they are irresistible to creepers, but I wanted to try some other colors that are more fresh and inviting for spring. I have no problem with orange lipsticks or coral shades, but this one is a cross between red and orange that livens up a basic red. It reminds me of a more orange Vegas volt and looks absolutely beautiful with stila's gladiola and a nude or neutral eye. I like that its more of a daytime glam look that's full on rather than backing out of the limelight with a sheer finish.

Also, my hair is an artifical blood red color right now and this lippie only enhances it more rather than clashing with it. It brightens up my look so that I don't look super alternative or goth.

Strange that mac carries colors that are very similar, like this and lady danger as well as morange. There are very subtle variations between these colors, however, and its in your best interest to swatch in store to decide which is the most flattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favs! I originally went to by Morange but after the that color didn't pair too well with my skin tone the MUA suggested this color and it was love at first swatch! It's the perfect orange for me (NC45), its bright but not shocking and I prefer the matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by RachellelovesLA

I purchased this lipstick like three years ago and i didn't use it a lot until now, i absolutely love this color it's a very bright orange red and it's matte so it makes it very long-lasting! But before you use it make sure to exfoliate your lips and to maintain them hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by didi23

So Chaud is a red orange lipstick. It is great for those who want an orange lipstick but not as bright as Morange l/s. It is rather bold and has a matte finish so major lip exfoliation is necessary. I make it brown girl friendly by pairing and blending it with a brown lip liner like Chestnut. I wear this with a dark brown smokey eye or with a dark grey smokey eye to make it more modern. This color is quite long lasting too.