April 24, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lipstick - MAC - So Chaud

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Saw this on jenn Im and decided that I need to stalk her completely by buying the mac shades she wears. She has great taste in lipstick.

When I saw it in the store, I knew I had to try it. I am usually into blue based reds or vampier ones, especially since they are irresistible to creepers, but I wanted to try some other colors that are more fresh and inviting for spring. I have no problem with orange lipsticks or coral shades, but this one is a cross between red and orange that livens up a basic red. It reminds me of a more orange Vegas volt and looks absolutely beautiful with stila's gladiola and a nude or neutral eye. I like that its more of a daytime glam look that's full on rather than backing out of the limelight with a sheer finish.

Also, my hair is an artifical blood red color right now and this lippie only enhances it more rather than clashing with it. It brightens up my look so that I don't look super alternative or goth.

Strange that mac carries colors that are very similar, like this and lady danger as well as morange. There are very subtle variations between these colors, however, and its in your best interest to swatch in store to decide which is the most flattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favs! I originally went to by Morange but after the that color didn't pair too well with my skin tone the MUA suggested this color and it was love at first swatch! It's the perfect orange for me (NC45), its bright but not shocking and I prefer the matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by RachellelovesLA

I purchased this lipstick like three years ago and i didn't use it a lot until now, i absolutely love this color it's a very bright orange red and it's matte so it makes it very long-lasting! But before you use it make sure to exfoliate your lips and to maintain them hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by didi23

So Chaud is a red orange lipstick. It is great for those who want an orange lipstick but not as bright as Morange l/s. It is rather bold and has a matte finish so major lip exfoliation is necessary. I make it brown girl friendly by pairing and blending it with a brown lip liner like Chestnut. I wear this with a dark brown smokey eye or with a dark grey smokey eye to make it more modern. This color is quite long lasting too.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know WHAT made me buy this product, but it wasn't for me! I love to buy products that have cool names and meanings. In this case, So Chaud = So Hot ;) I don't know if it was a red-orange lipstick trend that led me to buy this, but it's really orange! I'm so focused on how the color looked on me, I don't even remember anything else about it!

To my tan/Asian ladies: DON'T BUY THIS, unless you're going for a BOLD look!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by thiscowsgotmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My god. I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. I own quite a few red-ish lipsticks such as Mac's Russian Red, Ruby Woo, and Chili (though this one definitely leans more orange), and amongst all of them, I reach for So Chaud the most. For reference, I am Chinese with medium-tan skin with yellow undertones (NC 40/42), and this lipstick looks phenomenal on. The formula is matte, so it is a bit more drying than regular lipsticks, but with that comes the longer staying power. This stuff even lasts pretty damn well through a meal too! Granted, that's with me being careful about not getting greasy food all over my lips, but still, the lasting power on this kicks ass. I highly recommend this lipstick if you're looking to experiment with a bold new lip color, as this isn't for the faint of heart! However, if you want to try out orange like Morange, but don't know if a full-on orange lip is for you, then this is an awesome alternative. Definitely more wearable than Morange, in my opinion. This lipstick is fiyaahhh ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by TheBrownFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely bold and bright, darker girls if you feel this is too bright, try chili, it's toned down but still packs an orange punch. If you dare to be bold try so chaud. Absolutely gorgeous on deeper toned girls. Definitely a shade that can look too intense under macs notoriously horrid lighting. Bring it home and see that it's actually gorgeous nw50

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mandybecca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really loving this. Asked for a recommendation when I was at MAC for a matte red lip for skin with very yellow undertones (NC25) and the lovely lady helping me suggested So Chaud. The color pay-off is fantastic. Three swipes of this and it is a dark matte red/orange. I am so yellow toned that this comes off almost brick red on my skin (see the last photo - thus far - in images above. I am pictured, in black, wearing So Chaud in front of a similarly colored wall), but I can see how others would like to wear this toned down as an orange/coral for spring and summer. The lipstick lasted 8+ hours on me, with minimal loss when I ate dinner. I noticed it doesn't come off onto a drinking glass, so this would be perfect for going out, when you don't have a lot of time, or care to make, a lot of touch ups. A little drying, but any matte lipstick will be, and honestly, it wasn't terrible at all. Overall a very nice lipstick. I just wanted to see how it worked for me, so I was just trying it out, but I think I will go back and purchase it this sunday. A perfect go-to fall lip for fair/medium golden skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So Chaud was the first purchase I've ever made at a CCO and it's been a great investment. I bought this a few years ago when orange lips started appearing on runways and in advertisements everywhere. It glides onto my lips easily and has a matte finish. It's not moisturizing at all but I didn't expect it to be since it has a very matte texture. What's so amazing about So Chaud is the color and pigmentation. It's opaque which is what my pigmented lips require for true color payoff. It's the perfect orange for my skin tone (NARS Syracuse, MAC NC42ish). One of my favorites to wear in summer and fall. I've received compliments from beauty counter SA's asking me what product I'm wearing. If you like matte oranges, you'll really enjoy So Chaud.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by chellybean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although not as orange as I would like, I do love the colour. It is more red than orange but in the right light, you can really see the orange undertones. Love the way it goes on as well. Great lipstick and colour!