LUSH Jumping Juniper solid

3.9

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lavender Decoction (Lavendula hybrida), Rosemary Decoction (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), *Citral, *Limonene, Perfume, D&C Violet No. 2.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This I would say is the mildest shampoo bar that lush offers, it's just a plain jane shampoo for guys and gals that want to wash there hair and jump out of the shower. It's not as clarifying as some of the other bars, it has a very light delicate fragrance that surprisingly sticks in my hair and cleanses without fully stripping. But the best part about it is that it lasts forever! I've had it for about a year and there are four other girls in my household who use it , so it gets used almost everyday. It's so good because it degunks the hair from product and leaves it clean for days on end. However the trick is to keep in in your roots, if you lather this up all over your head then it can dry out the lengths and ends of your hair a hell of a lot. Good product and a great price.

on 12/18/2013 4:36:00 PM

Was getting bored of standard high street shampoo and was looking for an alternative to combat greasy roots and dry ends, though prior to using this my ends were A LOT better. Jumping juniper came highly recommended online and from the shop assistant so decided to give it a go. Don't have a problem with the price. It lasts a fair while so worth the money. First time I used it I was delighted. It lathered up tremendously and my hair felt clean, squeaky clean. I used American Dream conditioner on the ends after but felt it didn't do much for me. After drying the first time my hair I wouldn't say my hair was soft, just clean. The real test came 2 days after the wash since this is when my hair get super greasy. I noticed a reduction in oil so was happy the shampoo was doing the job. However after a few uses my hair became extremely dry, my scalp flaky and hair reeked after the first day. I use more batiste now then I ever did and my partner complains my hair has major dandruff and a horrible stench. No matter how much product I use on my ends to hydrate it nothing works. My hair falls out like crazy too. Will not buy after this bar. Going to see hairdresser in two days to see what she makes of my hair. Not recommended

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I hate this product, it did nothing for my oily roots & just dried the rest of my hair out! It also made my scalp feel tight & dry, my mom also had this & she used it a few times then went to see her regular hairdresser & he couldnt believe the hot mess it left her hair! He said alot of people had came in with the same complaint, straw like hair. & i have no idea if this product had anything to do with this but i noticed the same week i used this my hair started falling out more than usual & took a few months to go back to its normal self, all in all i recommend staying away from this unless your hair is literally like a deep fat fryer! Its offically scared me off trying any other lush products :(

on 9/4/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorites! A few months ago I accidentally washed my hair with some Dr. Bronner's soap...I ran out of all my shampoos and heard that you can use the soap to wash your hair...big mistake! Anyways, my hair was this greasy heavy mess even when I would wash it everyday and I was trying all different shampoos to get the oiliness out of my hair and that's when I found this shampoo!! This shampoo lathers really well and it really cleans your hair to the roots. It even makes it a little squeaky...which I know some aren't that fond of, it does seem to really strip away all excess oils. I personally like to use this shampoo once a week almost like a clarifying shampoo to get that product build-up out. It smells really nice but once you put it in your hair you don't really smell the lemon or lavender but that's not a big deal for me. I think it's a pretty good price for what you get since the shampoo lasts for so long.

on 7/25/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just love this shampoo so much! Takes my oily messy hair and makes it so soft beautiful! It does a great job of getting rid of unnecessary oils! At first yes it makes your hair have that squeaky clean feeling some people wouldn't like but after your hair dries its the softest hair ever! My hair has never looked better in my life. I pair this with veganese and after the show I spray some bumble and bumble prep spray and finally I add in a curling cream (not much like a dime size that's all you need) and when my hair is dry I'm so happy with how it looks! Ill be re purchasing this shampoo bar over and over!

on 6/26/2013 2:55:00 AM

my hair has always been very oily until I need to wash it everyday because if i dont, it will be so greasy and it's just unbearable. I have tried PLENTY of shampoos to treat my oily hair ranging from the normal brands like Pantene etc to good brands like Redken, TreSemme etc but none of it helps. Until, my boyfriend got me this solid shampoo known as Jumping Juniper from Lush and it works wonder! My hair is squeaky clean now, I dont have to wash it everyday anymore! The smell is great and refreshing, my boyfriend LOVES LOVES LOVES the smell of my hair now. It is easy to use but the only advice from me is, DO NOT leave it in your bathroom openly because it melts pretty darn fast when in contact with water and in no time, you realize your shampoo bar is all gone which is quite sad because it is not cheap! So what I do is I keep it in a tin container (you can purchase the tin container at LUSH itself but any decent tin container will do actually as long as it has lid to prevent air from entering because the tin container from LUSH isn't cheap either) and it can last up to 2 months! I can finally bid my farewell to oily hair and scalp right now, and I'm so thankful for this product! Highly recommend, go try it now!

on 6/13/2013 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo really work fo my hair as well, before my hair is very oily, and I have to wash it every day. after I wear juniper my hair oil-free until 3 day..
But this shampoo makes my scalp have dandruff, and I would not buy this product again.

on 5/16/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! I wash my hair everyday because by the next morning my hair is already quite oily. One day (about three weeks ago) I washed my hair and after I dried it, to my horror IT WAS STILL OILY, waxy even, just at the crown!! I couldn't wash out this oily/waxy feeling from my hair no matter how many times I washed it and scrubbed it! I read heaps of forums and this had happened to so many girls before but NOONE knew why it happened or how to properly treat it or get rid of it. A few girls were saying to use apple cidar vinegar, dishwashing detergent and bicarb soda. I tried the vinegar and apart from it not working at all, I now hurl at the smell of vinegar from having it all through my hair and dripping down my face for half an hour.
Anyway, I didn't want to try anything else to drastic, I just used a bit of talcom powder each day, didn't wash my hair every day and wore my hair up for three weeks straight (which I hate!). So one morning I told my friend about my problem and she did a little research for me and found this Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar. I read a few reviews and within 5 minutes I had my wallet out and was filling in my credit card details. I used it this morning AND IT WORKED!! Not only has it striped out the waxy/oily feeling...my hair feels like actuall silk! Its like running your hand over a feather! My Crown is nice and clean and I can wear it down again! I'm so happy!!

Some girls below have said this lathers real quick & easy...I didn't find that with mine. It took a few good scrubs over my hair to get going. But once it did it lathered just like normal shampoo. The bar itself smells amazing but when you put it to your hair I bearly smelt it. Then I just used my normal conditioner on my ends only and my hair felt AMAZING! I have Psorisis on my scalp and I found it gave me a bit of a itch when I was washing it out but it didn't last long which is another massive bonus! After my shower I just pat the bar dry with my towel and keep it in a little container.

I think its great for anyone who has oily hair or even just gets bad product build up! I mean I had oily/waxy roots for THREE weeks that nothing could wash it out....one go with this and my hair feels better than it ever has!

Cudos Lush, Cudos!

on 3/14/2013 9:34:00 PM

Jumping juniper makes my hair so clean it squeeks when I run my hands through it rinsing it out! But, with lavender and lemon it is a little drying. I use this one once a week for a deep clean and use a more gentle solid shampoo from LUSH (new) in between using jumping juniper.
I love the smell although once I've washed it out I can't smell it. Lush's shampoo bars are great for travelling and in a pinch can be used as a body and face wash!
I love that there's no packaging and I love the smell. Will definately repurchase.

on 1/27/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my second shampoo bar after Seanik, which I LOVE.

I dont' know which I love more! JJ leaves my hair so fresh and clean. The scent is light and fresh, like lavender and lime. It isn't too noticeable the rest of the day, but I don't mind. This is a miracle for oily hair.

Top Rated LUSH Products