December 20, 2014 | 1321 users online

Mascara - MAC - Zoom lash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I worked for MAC for five years, and I never went out of my way to suggest/sell/try this mascara on anyone. It just did nothing for me. First, I feel the formula is really, really wet. That is something I don't like in a mascara. It tends to clump your lashes together into one big, spidery mess. The brush is also nothing special. Just your basic brush you can find on some cheap mascara at the drugstore that would probably work just as good, if not better! I do LOVE some high end mascaras...but I think most of them aren't worth it, and that drug store mascara can usually rival department store mascara. Case in point, Zoom Lash. If you're going to MAC and you REALLY have your heart set on mascara Studio Fix lash, Opulash, and Extended Play are all great. Actually worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Clump City. This mascara gives me stuck-together spider-lashes. And then I read the reviews and I saw that many others reported the same thing, so I guess that's just what this mascara does. Good one, MAC.
On the bright side, it doesn't flake or smudge. Gives more length than volume though. In a mascara, I prefer a more clean look with lots of volume so I'm not loving this- obviously.
It isn't so horrible that I'm going to stop using it or throw it away but I definitely won't buy it again.
Overall- meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarald00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first mascara that has not bothered my eyes!! It looks great and I barely know I am wearing mascara...all thanks to trying your sample!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is a decent mascara, but it's just not for me. When I say "decent," I basically mean "not an embarrassment to the brand". I received a sample and so I didn't have to shell out any money. I wouldn't have bought a MAC mascara as I hear mascara is not MAC's strong suit.

The brush is very slim and has short bristles, and tapers at one end slightly. I found the formula rather wet but not heavy. You don't have to worry about it taking forever to dry, though. As for wear, it did really well and didn't flake even a tiny little bit. I was also happy that it washed off easily at the end of the day.

I already have pretty good lashes, meaning I naturally have some length and they're dark and curly, but definitely nothing special. I always want more, thicker lashes. Zoom Lash gives great length, but hardly any volume. The other thing I didn't like is that it tended to make my lashes spidery: you know, when several lashes stick together rather than fanning apart? It did that. It didn't look bad, exactly, but I want more definition than Zoom Lash provides.

So I'm giving this 3 out of 5, as it had more good points than bad. This might be for you if you have volume but really short lashes, but I have just the opposite problem. It's definitely not gonna make me switch from Mally anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ChocolateSprings

I received a sample of this and I was excited to try my first MAC mascara. Unfortunately, it did nothing beneficial for me except make my lashes darker. It didn't enhance the volume, curl, nor did it make my eyes look "more open". It did, however, take longer than normal to dry (it felt like my lashes were stuck together), settle into the fine lines around my eyes, and clump at times. I thought I was doing something wrong until I read the reviews here. I am relieved it's not my technique! I am throwing it in the trash!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I don't have much to add to the negative reviews of this mascara. This made me look like a spider and my lashes were all clumped together. Within minutes, there were flakes all over my face. I find with many mascaras that they start out good and then at the end of the first week is when I start having problems. This one was terrible right out of the box. Back to Nordstrom it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by kindergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible! I thought I might have gotten a bad tube until I came here and read other MUAer reviews! I was so excited to receive this as a gift from MIL, as I usually just use drugstore or GWP mascaras. After 3 uses, I sadly threw it in the garbage. As others have stated below, this clumps terribly, flakes, smudges, and the WORST part of all is that it gives me spidery, ugly lashes with no volume or length at all. I can't think of a worse mascara I've ever used. Back to my Clinique GWP freebie High Impact mascara, which is a thousand times better than this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by maloneyxo

My every day go to mascara. Gives me good volume and is a rich dark black. I don't find that it clumps/smudges. The tube dries out quickly though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely terrible! Similar to the below reviewer I accidentally purchased this (instead of Studio Fix Lash) while at MAC. The formula is super goopy, clumpy and heavy, and there is always too much product on the brush. Even when I wipe the excess off it weights my lashes down and refuses to hold any sort of curl. Even curling after it dries doesn't work. Also takes ages to dry and smears everywhere when applying. And it you accidentally blink or sneeze before it's completely dry, woe on you!

On the upside it doesn't smudge or flake. But definitely not worth it. Ugh. This is probably the worst I have ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by ccm2807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I accidentally purchased the wrong mascara when in MAC, what a mistake!
I'll start with the brush: poor! too thin, mascara clumps on the brush itself
on my lashes, its so watery, takes ages to dry and just tends to cump my lashes together. there's almost always too much mascara on the brush which makes applications very difficult.
just rubbish!