July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Expensive Pink is a medium salmon pink shade with a very noticeable golden duochrome. it is a truly unique eyeshadow! it has so much dimension and is just a 'glowing from within' kind of colour. i never often wear the same colours every day, but this one is definitely making me break my own rules.
thanks to it being a Veluxe Pearl, the pigmentation and consistency is a dream. for best results, i like to place this on my mobile lid, and also above, about half way to my brow. that way it lights up any crease colours that i put over it and has maximum impact. (i favour matte brows if anyone's interested) i also tried this over different eyeshadow bases, different browns, pinks and golds, but no, this to me, works best solo. it is just an untouchable colour! it got me some compliments as well!
for reference, i am fair mediterranean with brown eyes and brunette hair that is dyed a dark red colour. and this colour just fits me like a glove - but i really believe that this is universally flattering, though definitely test it out at MAC if you are unsure. if you are ordering online, filter the reviews for this colour to your skintone/hair/eye colour.
i am going to try this tomorrow with MAC Minted eye kohl in the waterline, as i think that will really nicely contrast with the pink and make it stand out even more.
this also really reminds me of 'All That Glitters' eyeshadow as well. if you just imagine the champagne colour in that, replaced with pink. then that's basically Expensive Pink! i swatched them both on my hand side by side and they both have that salmony gold finish. i uploaded a photo so you can see. hopefully it will help somehow!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

A lot of makeup experts recommend this to be one of your first MAC purchases, so I figured I'd try it out as I'm starting my own MAC Pro eyeshadow collection. I adore this color. It's beautiful on my skin, it works with many other colors, and it's ALWAYS correct for any time, season, or occasion. I pair it with purples somewhat frequently, as well as reds and other pinks, with no problems. It's also an extremely user friendly texture - it doesn't take a lot of playing around with to look right. Warning: The gold shimmer will have a little bit of fall out, and will be all over your brush(es) unless you clean it/them really, really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my most reach eyeshadows from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ParisLenore

I Love Love Love this E/S. im a NC50 for reference and this eyeshadow does wonders for me. MUST HAVE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Expensive Pink is described as a ‘pink with duochrome’ and I have to say, I quite agree! A mix of pink infused with gold, with a slight hint of coral, it actually reminds me of a sunset, you know all those gorgeous colours illuminating the sky? When I apply it onto my eyelid, the pink and gold sheen really shine through to give it a beautiful dimension.The colour is very unique, I’ve never seen an eye shadow like this before. It’s definitely one of those shades that will look different on other people’s skin tone and eye colour. Oh, and applying and blending it is incredibly effortless – it’s a Veluxe Pearl, which is my favourite MAC finish. My favourite way of wearing it everyday is by using Goldmine in the inner corner, Expensive Pink all over the lid, and then to really accentuate the gold tones, Woodwinked in the crease. It really creates a shimmering yet understated look.

I think Expensive Pink would also look amazing paired with Cranberry, Plum Dressing or Star Violet, either on the outer third or in the crease. Or, you could wear it all over the lid, and a little higher in the crease, and then tone it down with UD ‘Naked’ or MAC Cork. It is definitely an eyeshadow that can be worn multiple ways!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my all time favorite shadows from any brand! It's an absolutely gorgeous warm goldy-pink color that looks great against my pale skin and makes my hazel eyes pop. It's one of the only shadows that I've ever hit pan on, and will soon be my first repurchased eyeshadow (I don't go through them often because I have so many in my collection). It is truly an amazing shadow with nice pigmentation, little to no fall out, and easy application. I definitely recommend if you're afraid to wear colors or pinks, this would be a nice gateway because it is still really neutral (A bit like if someone mixed Woodwinked with a pink color).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by melllm

One of my favorites. Great color payoff and really looks great with so many different colors. Extremely versatile and can be worn as part of a neutral daytime look or bold evening look. I can't usually wear pink shadows, but this somehow works. It applies really nice too. I am NW35 for reference.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color looks absolutely horrible on my skintone (NC15)... I mean HORRIBLE. Maybe I will read some other reviews and see if there is some way that I can make it work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just picked up this shadow yesterday after hearing so many great things about it! It is an absolutely gorgeous pinky orange golden colour. Every angle you turn it changes colour and looks brilliant on my skin tone (NC25). I paired it with cranberry in the crease, sketch in the outercorner and shroom as my highlight and it looked gorgeous. It's also amazing just as a light wash on the lid for everyday. I definitely recommend this to anyone because it is such a versatile and flattering colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by aspasia1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, im no make up expert,but ill try to give you my opinion on this .

1)Lovely color. Unique for my country,but heard that there is a cheap wet n wild dupe out there - penny its name- maybe you guys would consider buying the second one instead .

The color in the palette looks like a peachy copper. on my skin (NC20) it could be described as: a medium-toned copper with a golden-peachy sparkle ,WHEN DIRECT LIGHT IS CAST ON IT/ a rose color WHEN IT IS NOT DIRECTLY LIT. I know, it sounds very strange,but mac describes the color as pink with duochrome!

2) Excellent quality, color payoff, application. Typical good ol mac!

3)Im pretty new to this color, for the moment its working great with light beige-peachy shadows, such as naked lunch/all that glitters. Easily pairable with brown and gold shadows, "Powersurge" liner, black liner,black mascara. Sure that there are heaps of other combos.

4) Due to the rosy aspect of the color, make sure to have a clear , even skin, without any redness. Not talking only about the eye area, but also about the whole face.