October 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This color is VERY pretty.. but unfortunately it was not what i was looking for. It was too light, and sheer. I was hoping I could at least build it up to look the way it looked in the pot. But I just wasn't able to. It DOES have a great sheen with flecks of gold in it, so it is certainly a unique pink color. But my search continues for my perfect pink...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointed!Color gorgeous but pigmentation sucks!Hard to get on brush en even harder to get on the eye lid.Put several layers but stil not very impressive. result

The UD X is an almost exact color and much better quality eye shadow.M.A.C unworthy this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great pink eyeshadow with a gold shimmer. If you're familiar with MAC pigments, this is somewhere between Melon and Rose pigments. Not as bright as rose, but has the gold shimmer that those two have. Looks good as a lid color with a neutral or warm brown in the crease. This is just a solidly good MAC eyeshadow. It lasts well, blends well and isn't too loud or hard to work with. It is also a versatile shadow that could be used in everyday looks or bold looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This is my second go around with this shade. I picked this up almost a year ago and I'm just getting around to playing with it. Right off the bat once I took it out of its packaging I noticed that it looked a bit different and its nothing like the first EP I purchased. It feels very dry in texture and even the color just looks a bit off. I'm a tad bit bummed out because it came across more coral pink with gold. I will not go for round 3 on this shade as I'm pretty sure that I probably won't hit pan on this current one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY like this eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Expensive Pink is a medium salmon pink shade with a very noticeable golden duochrome. it is a truly unique eyeshadow! it has so much dimension and is just a 'glowing from within' kind of colour. i never often wear the same colours every day, but this one is definitely making me break my own rules.
thanks to it being a Veluxe Pearl, the pigmentation and consistency is a dream. for best results, i like to place this on my mobile lid, and also above, about half way to my brow. that way it lights up any crease colours that i put over it and has maximum impact. (i favour matte brows if anyone's interested) i also tried this over different eyeshadow bases, different browns, pinks and golds, but no, this to me, works best solo. it is just an untouchable colour! it got me some compliments as well!
for reference, i am fair mediterranean with brown eyes and brunette hair that is dyed a dark red colour. and this colour just fits me like a glove - but i really believe that this is universally flattering, though definitely test it out at MAC if you are unsure. if you are ordering online, filter the reviews for this colour to your skintone/hair/eye colour.
i am going to try this tomorrow with MAC Minted eye kohl in the waterline, as i think that will really nicely contrast with the pink and make it stand out even more.
this also really reminds me of 'All That Glitters' eyeshadow as well. if you just imagine the champagne colour in that, replaced with pink. then that's basically Expensive Pink! i swatched them both on my hand side by side and they both have that salmony gold finish. i uploaded a photo so you can see. hopefully it will help somehow!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

A lot of makeup experts recommend this to be one of your first MAC purchases, so I figured I'd try it out as I'm starting my own MAC Pro eyeshadow collection. I adore this color. It's beautiful on my skin, it works with many other colors, and it's ALWAYS correct for any time, season, or occasion. I pair it with purples somewhat frequently, as well as reds and other pinks, with no problems. It's also an extremely user friendly texture - it doesn't take a lot of playing around with to look right. Warning: The gold shimmer will have a little bit of fall out, and will be all over your brush(es) unless you clean it/them really, really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my most reach eyeshadows from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ParisLenore

I Love Love Love this E/S. im a NC50 for reference and this eyeshadow does wonders for me. MUST HAVE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Expensive Pink is described as a ‘pink with duochrome’ and I have to say, I quite agree! A mix of pink infused with gold, with a slight hint of coral, it actually reminds me of a sunset, you know all those gorgeous colours illuminating the sky? When I apply it onto my eyelid, the pink and gold sheen really shine through to give it a beautiful dimension.The colour is very unique, I’ve never seen an eye shadow like this before. It’s definitely one of those shades that will look different on other people’s skin tone and eye colour. Oh, and applying and blending it is incredibly effortless – it’s a Veluxe Pearl, which is my favourite MAC finish. My favourite way of wearing it everyday is by using Goldmine in the inner corner, Expensive Pink all over the lid, and then to really accentuate the gold tones, Woodwinked in the crease. It really creates a shimmering yet understated look.

I think Expensive Pink would also look amazing paired with Cranberry, Plum Dressing or Star Violet, either on the outer third or in the crease. Or, you could wear it all over the lid, and a little higher in the crease, and then tone it down with UD ‘Naked’ or MAC Cork. It is definitely an eyeshadow that can be worn multiple ways!