Desert Essence Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

Not tested on animals

Witch Hazel Extract, Alcohol Denat., Eco-Harvest Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomile Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Lavender Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil. 6/30/09

on 2/4/2013 4:41:00 PM

in the past, I've tried using straight up tea tree oil on my acne, and the results were pretty "meh". but this blemish touch stick seems to contain some magical combination of ingredients that actually work for me -- even on my cystic zits that lurk deep under the surface. seriously, I can't believe an all natural product would work on those monsters, but it does! my neice, nephew, and sister all confirm that it works on their monster zits too.

I also use this to sanitize any zits that I did pick at. this plus plenty of moisturizer afterwards seems to help the scabs heal faster. I know, gross. sorry for the TMI.

the packaging: extremely annoying because it leaks when I travel by air. the airplane cabin pressure forces the liquid to leak out of the lid. here is what I do to take care of it: at health food stores, you can buy tiny little glass vials and eyedroppers. these are perfect to carry a small amount of the product for travel, and will not leak on the airplane.

on 10/25/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me at all. I was really hopeful because it is a good price and is available at local stores, but I saw no improvement at all in breakouts - whether for prevention or healing. A waste of time and money for me.

Pros - easy to apply, smooth roller applicator works great.

on 9/26/2012 8:06:00 AM

My new HG! I cannot say enough good things about this miracle worker. It cleared up the small pimples on my face overnight (the ones that may not be noticeable from far away, but you can see about 15 raised spots if you look at your skin at an angle to the light, mostly on forehead). It took about 1 full day to completely clear a noticeable red pimple on my nose. I haven't tried it on any big zits yet.

Best of all, it cleared my keratosis pilaris (common skin condition; small red bumps on back of arms) almost completely - overnight! I have mild KP to begin with, but it's noticeable to the eye and to the touch (ew, sandpaper arms) and now the back of my arm is smooth. I'm so happy and hope others find success with this product.

on 6/14/2012 8:32:00 PM

I did not like this product. I took the rollerball off and just dipped q-tips directly into the liquid and dabbed the q-tip on my blemishes. I have pretty clear skin so this was for the occasional monthly spot, let me tell you, I have never had so many blemishes sprout up! I started with one, dapped the liquid on there a few times a day, the next day I had three, the next day I had 6, they kept multiplying! I obviously will never buy this product again but I caution future buyers to look for something else as I think it's overpriced and you have to go to the trouble of taking the rollerball off to keep it sterile. It does smell pretty good though.

on 12/21/2011 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this product! It speeds up the process to make pimples go away without drying your skin (unlike most other blemish creams!). Of course the fact that it is all natural makes this product that much greater too! I am not a fan of the roller, sometimes too much liquid comes out, so it helps out to put on your (clean) finger first, then transfer to your face. This product is great because you can also use it on bug bites.

I personally, LOVE the smell (manly aftershave?).
It worked a bit, until I started breaking out (probably from the bacteria transferring into the roller).
I really don't see any other way of applying this, if you don't want to use the roller (Q-tips and cotton balls absorb the product before you can apply on your face).
It does tingle, which is rad.
Doesn't work on my mosquito bites (but the tingle counteracts a bit of the itching).
I like the packaging, in terms of the matte bottle, but NOT the roller thing.

on 7/21/2011 4:36:00 PM

A staple for drying up "wet" pimples (eww). I do go through it quickly when I use it, because it's most effective it you just keep dabbing it all day long, but it's worth it. I find the Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads to be almost the same formula, but this is slightly less irritating to my skin and is convenient to apply to small areas.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Okay, I'm utterly confused at the positive ratings of this product. It has done absolutely nothing for my breakouts----the small, the big, the old, the developing ones, etc. It's essentially alcohol with essential oils added, which is why it will sting like crazy when you apply it over a recently squeezed or open wound. I knew this when I bought it, but from the stellar reviews, curiosity got the best of me. It doesn't do anything to help with pimples and honestly, pure rubbing alcohol will have the same benefit of this stuff. If you're concerned about the price, you can easily make your own product using with hazel, essential oils (not all that are listed, but maybe lavender, tea tree, rosemary, etc----be creative!) and just refill the little roller bottle as needed. Yes, the essential oils would be a bit pricey, but they'll last an incredibly long time and you get to make a product that works equally well and you can use the essential oils for so many other things (cleaning supplies, facial toner, add some to a cleanser, etc.). The quest for a good, natural spot treatment continues. I've done the DIY routine, but it's not strong enough for my pimples, but for those who have found success with this product, you may do very well with the DIY option.

on 5/23/2011 2:48:00 PM

Very impressive stuff. I never would have purchased this otherwise had it not been for the good reviews on MUA...and I'm so glad I did! I have hormonal, acne-prone skin, and I was very skeptical that this tiny tube would work. I apply it every morning and every evening before moisturizing and it's helped treat and prevent blemishes! My skin has cleared up about 70% or more since I began using this a couple weeks ago. It's even improved years-old acne scars! I have been so impressed with it, I bought two backups. It has a wonderful scent to it, and the ingredients are completely safe and natural. Even my boyfriend loves this stuff, and he rarely gives a crap about anything "beauty" related. I bought mine on Vitacost for about half the retail price. Highly recommend!!!

on 3/4/2011 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stick is effective but somewhat costly, around $10. Helps speed up the healing process of blemishes. I don't roll it on my skin directly, I apply it to clean fingertips and then dab finger on to blemish. I will continue to repurchase unless I find something better.
UPDATE: I have been using Bye Bye Blemish since I ran out of my last tube of Desert Essence Blemish Roll On Stick (tea tree). I have to say I like the way the Bye Bye Blemish is working so far (I use it at night), so I most likely will not buy DE again (although DE would be good for a day treatment when going out, since it's transparent).

Popular Treatments (Face)