Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil (Tea Tree), Linoleamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifola Oil (Lavendar), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

I just finished up my first bottle of the "Tea Tree Special" Shampoo and it's definitely one of the best shampoos I've ever used. I love the scent...it's strong, but minty. Makes my hair SO shiny and clean! Maybe a little bit too clean if you have dry hair, but I have oily hair so it's okay. I would definitely buy this shampoo again, but I never stick with one shampoo. I'm always switching up what I use. Highly recommended if you want shiny, clean looking hair that smells like mint/tea tree oil.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using the lavender/mint scented shampoo and conditioner in this line for about two months, and absolutely love it. I wash my hair at least 5-6 times each week, and have a ton of fine hair. My hair also gets oily quickly.

This shampoo/conditioner cleanses well without drying out my hair, and moisturizes without making my hair greasy. It also adds nice shine, and the scent is light but sticks around all day.

My only gripe is that I find it difficult to get conditioner out of the pump bottles once you're to the bottom few inches of product. The pump just stops working, and I have to add water to thin it out, shake it around, knock the conditioner out of the bottle, etc. etc. every morning in the shower. Thinning it out doesn't help the pump get moving again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This line cures all my scalp issues. I have had dandruff for years...and a lot of shampoos make it worse (pantene, Loreal)...I was using the new Loreal shampoo and after a few uses, my scalp was terribly itchy. I was thinking I had lice, it was that bad! So I ran to the store and purchased this because I remember using it years ago for similar issues...and it worked liked a charm. My scalp felt brand new, no itching, no flaking. It's worth every penny. I just purchased the large size shampoo/conditiner and I think that is all I will be using from now on. Great product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

First, my hair type: thin and oily. When I first used this (the Lavender/Mint shampoo), I loved it. It didn't weigh my hair down and left it soft. However, after a few weeks of using this it has left a buildup on my scalp and does not clean very well anymore. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this. Has that "earthy" lavender smell which didn't bother me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

my boyfriend had this in his shower, so I tried it...and loved it! I live in Texas, and the humidity makes my hair lifeless and greasy pretty quickly. this shampoo battles that pretty well. it thoroughly cleans my hair and doesn't weigh it down. the conditioner has the same effect. I looked to buy some of my own, but it's really expensive; that's really the only downfall

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

When I had an oily scalp, when I lived in Texas where its very hot and humid depending on where you are, when I felt like I had to take more than one shower just for my hair....THIS was heaven in my shower!

It left my hair clean, refreshed, smelling minty and stayed that way for good while. I love the feeling of scrubbing it on my head and feeling the cool tingles. There were always specials on this shampoo so I tried my best to buy it then. Its a little pricy but I always got such big bottles they would last forever.

I never paired it with the conditioner although the conditioner most of the time came with the shampoo. The conditioner is not as good as the shampoo. If I felt like my hair was super oily, greasy, dirty like from playing volleyball on a Texas summer day, THEN I would use the conditioner. It also has the same properties as the shampoo.

Shampoo definitely worth the buy. Even if you dont have an oily scalp, the feeling and smell from this shampoo is worth trying! Its addicting!!

Best Cleanser Ever. I had used coconut oil for a DIY hair mask that left my hair GREASY as pizza cheese and limp of all life. One wash and POOF! All grease is gone. ive been using it since. It feels a little streaky when you finish washing it but when i blow dry and add products it feels just fine. Its not harsh (can be a daily cleanser i think)

Smells amazing if you like minty scents. i love his lines. They have all done me justice.

I GIVE THIS 5 LIP MARKS!!

My hair is very dry, frizzy, thin, and my scalp easily gets oily. I bought this as a set for $40, which for me is pretty pricey, but hey, ads are easily persuasive, what can i say. I take the shampoo and gently massage my scalp with it, not toughing the ends. Then I wash it out, letting the soap glide down the rest of my hair. Then I put the conditioner all over my hair, including my scalp (I never used to do this, but with this set, I really like the outcome). If you have dry frizzy thin hair, when you let this air dry, it looks very frizzy and feels dry--BUT after about half an hour of letting it dry, it then becomes smooth, and my hair feels great. Weird I know, but I like it. I also love the smell, it smells very pepperminty and fresh. Also, this does not make my scalp oily, meaning I can take a shower every other day instead of everyday. But for $40 I think I can find something better.

Pros:
-smells great (peppermint) tea tree
-doesn't make hair oily
-softens my hair

Cons
-$40
-I have spilt ends, I wish this could make my ends feel softer

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is amazing for my oily, sensitive scalp. I've been able to wash my hair every 2 days instead of every other day. It control oil and helps me now have to wash my hair as often, along with no more itching. All the other shampoos I've used have broken me out, made me extremely oily, or did a combination of both. If you have either one of those issues, then definitely give this a try! (Don't buy the conditioner. It's more drying than moisturizing. I use Redken All Soft and Redken Smooth Lock intensive treatment instead for conditioners.) I hope this helped someone.

I purchased this product after my hairdresser washed my hair with it in the salon. I was so relaxed by the fragrance and feel of it. The way the product feels on the scalp is AMAZING. It has a cooling effect that is very relaxing. My head continued to feel good when she dried my hair, and for awhile afterwards.

I purchased the product to use once in awhile as a treat, because it felt so good.

I do not intend to use it on a daily basis, so I cannot attest to the long term impact it has on hair. All I know is it feels great!!

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products