Bobbi Brown Corrector

4.1

petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, oxokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007), carmine (ci 75470).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay what is all the hype about this product? Are people getting paid to say it's good?
To me this is the worst, most overprice, overhyped product I have ever tried.

I bought it maybe a year ago, and i cannot get it to work for me. I have tried everything: using a small amount, a big amount, under my concealer, under my foundation, on top, EVERYTHING. And I just find that it creases, and doesn't cover my dark circles at all: it almost makes them worse. i feel like it goes from my under eye circles being purple/blue to a dark grey colour? It's a very thick consistency, which blends really really well (which is my only plus).

All in all I would not recommend this, and I will definitely not repurchase.

Very good coverage and perfect for dark eye circles. I have very pale skin and the eye area is so thin that this corrector (being a contrasting warmer shade) perfectly masks that. Doesn't make your under-eye area crease as much as other, dryer concealers I've used before. The price is a bit expensive compared to cheaper brands, but you have a lot of product so the price is definitely worth it. Mine lasted just over a year, and that was with almost everyday use. Recommended!!! :)

on 3/8/2015 10:37:00 AM

I bought this corrector to try and combat my dark circles and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. The formula is quite thick and cloying and I find it quite difficult to blend out. My under eyes can be on the dry side and I found that whilst this product did work as a corrector it just clung to any dry areas and looked really cakey and creased (even with an eye cream on first). If you dont have any issues with dryness you would probably love this product but for me my search continues.

on 3/4/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The first time I bought this product I was advised to buy the corrector and concealer combination for my dark circles. First I had to apply the corrector, let it set and then layer the concealer on top of it, after which I had to apply the yellowish powder that comes with the concealer. I couldn't make that combination work in any way. It would crease and look cakey. I went back to the store several times, but it just wouldn't work the way I wanted to.

Now I only use corrector (bisque, which is too dark for my NC15-20 skintone, but covers my circles better than the light bisque, which is a better colourmatch) OR concealer (cool sand) under my eyes, depending on how bad my circles are. Very bad circles = corrector, not that bad = concealer. I apply it with a concealer brush and dab it in with my fingertips.The corrector stays a little wet and shiny (concealer sets better than the corrector), so I put some of the yellow powder on it. When my skin is very dry I use my translucent powder, as the yellow powder tends to make the eye area look like my grandma's. It covers black circles pretty well, so for that I love it. Comparing this to other concealers I've tried, this corrector truly is the best for dark circles and is long lasting when combined with powder. There are so many shades, it's almost impossible not to find a matching colour. I have sensitive skin and this is gentle for the thin skin around my eyes.

Downsides: This stuff is expensive for the tiny bit that you get. I don't like that I need to set it with powder if I don't want my mascara and eyepencil to smudge in the corrector. I don't like powder in the eye are, as it makes it look dry and wrinkly. The corrector is quite thick and it creases, no matter how little I put on, how thoroughly I blend it out and set it with powder. It won't work on my primer, it is just to dry and won't blend. It clings to dry patches and flakes and highlights them. A concealer with the texture of Lancome effacernes with the coverage of Bobbi Brown corrector would be just great!

As long as I haven't found a thinner consistency with a similar coverage in my shade I will repurchase. I'll update when I've finally succeeded my quest for my HG, I still believe it's out there!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

this corrector save some of my panda days. It always makes my dark circles "disappear"

on 2/23/2015 9:55:00 PM

My HOLLY GRAIL!! corrector, my under eyes have not look better.
this is a corrector which is to cancel the purple vainy under eye darkness, this is best applied with the ring finger in patting motions, then you can apply your concealer and set with a powder, this is such a wonderful product. the shades are more in the pinky salmon color which is meant to help cancel the dark under eye. I use the shade Bisque and mac foundations shade in nc25-30. purchased mine online at nordstroms and macys.

on 2/22/2015 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw this corrector recently reviewed so I thought I would add my .02. I purchased it over 2 years ago expecting it to be the HG of under eye circle corrector. At that time, the formula did nothing whatsoever for me, was far to slippery to stay put and thus, when I applied a regular concealer over it I ended up with a clumpy mess within a few hours.

Fast forward to the present. While cleaning out my makeup graveyard I found this. Figuring it wasn't cheap I would try it ONE MORE time before discarding. And guess what? It's now pretty decent as far as correctors go. The product firmed up a bit so it no longer runs. The color is very good, the pinkish cast to the fair works very well to counteract my inherited bluish dark circles. I've tried it with all my various concealers over it (dermablend, Maybelline, Mac, loreal - did I say I have dark circles) and also alone. Works great. Would only not re-purchase as I was initially unhappy with it, and it's a little pricey to risk another waiting period.

on 2/22/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I heard GossMakeupArtist recommend this as a great under-eye solution in one of his videos. I bought it in Porcelain Bisque (fair, neutral), and I have to say it works pretty well. At least, I think it does. I would like to see a tutorial for how to use it correctly, because I sometimes wonder if I'm applying it incorrectly and just making my dark circles more obvious. Does anyone else have that problem? It applies really well, and seems to bring some light to that area, so I'll keep coming back to it. In the meantime, someone teach me how to use this!

This corrector is a must for those like me who seriously bad under eye darkness. Without it I would look like Dracula. The formula has definitely improved and isn't as thick as it once was. The trick is to apply only a tiny amount of eye cream, not too much, otherwise it wont adhere at all to the skin. I find the corrector is enough for me but if you would like then you could definitely follow with the creamy concealer and set with powder. Heaven sent and highly recommended!

on 2/8/2015 10:39:00 PM

packaging is nice and the coverage is good too, but for dark circles I dont think its the best corrector out there. Its like the third best corrector for dark circles to me. the best would be clinique all about eyes and the second would be the benefit erase paste. I'd rather use that after those...