Bobbi Brown Corrector

4.1

petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tribehenin, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, oxokerite, lecithin, propylene glycol stearate, sorbitan laurate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate. May contain: titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, ultramarines (ci 77007), carmine (ci 75470).

on 4/12/2015 12:25:00 PM

I spent a couple of months obsessing about finding a concealer/corrector to cover veins and help hide the bags under my eyes--yet not settle into my lines, which are getting more noticeable in my 40s. I had previously been using this corrector in Peach Bisque but decided to try several of the highly rated concealers here, including 2 shades of Maybelline Instant Rewind Dark Circles, Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Underye Corrector. After wasting a lot of money, I ended up coming back to this. It's not perfect, but the color is spot on and the formula is pretty good once you figure out how to use it.

Here are my tips on using it: moisturize first, then grab some product with a small brush and mix it a little bit on your hand to warm it up. Dab it on very lightly with a small brush, covering only the area that needs coverage. Pat in with your ring finger and add another layer if necessary. Immediately set it with BareMinerals Well Rested powder. This pretty much lasts me all day, or if it fades, it doesn't leave behind patchy areas of product around my eyes.

on 4/11/2015 1:27:00 PM

It has an intense formula which means you should have quite dark circles for use it. This product would be HG for me if I had dark circles. But I don't have, so this is too heavy for me. I recommend it to people who have dark circles. You should choose a little bit darker shades from your normal skin tone.

on 4/10/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I regret not buying this product sooner.I just started building a makeup collection,I own like 5 blushes but 15 different concealers,cause I was always looking for sth to fix my dark circles issue,I have spent so much money on them.After using this product I realised that the solution to my problem was correcting,not concealing.I was matched to light bisque even though I wear the bobbi brown concealer in the lightest shade.It really does a great job.It doesn't matter which concealer you are gonna use after this,it's gonna work.I regret buying all those high end expensive concealers,I can use any drugstore concealer now and the result will be flawless.Texture wise this corrector is thick and creamy,very easy to blend.It's so creamy I felt like it was going to melt off my face/mix with the concealer and make a mess.I was wrong,it was so easy to apply the concealer after this.You do need to set this though otherwise it creases and the undereye looks like it's oily or sth...There is not a lot of product in the pot and it might make u have second thought on buying it but I promise you this is totally worth it,you only need a small amount to correct anyway and you will save soooo much money on concealers!

on 4/6/2015 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is overhyped and perhaps my expectations were too high. I have horrendous dark circles, yet the reviews promised a miracle product which would conceal them. Firstly, this stuff is extremely thick and dry. It's difficult to blend and if I try to put my foundation on top it seems to dissappear so that it is no longer even useful. I'm young so I don't get creasing, but I dread to think how this would apply on mature skin. My second issue, though not the fault of the corrector, is that I was matched in the complete wrong shade for this. In bb foundations I wear porcelain, yet I was matched to peach bisque. But Bobbi Brown and the Estee Lauder company who owns them redeemed themselves here. After 5 minutes on the phone to customer service, I was given a full refund. I live in the UK where refunds are hard to get on used makeup, but please give it a try if you are unhappy with this product! Despite everything, this still has a high rating. After mixing this with my concealer (nars creamy radiant or clarins instant light), something wonderful happened. Now the texture of this is way more smooth and it conceals my dark circles extremely well. Actually, this would have been 4 stars. But I took another off because the price is outrageous. I paid £19 for this tiny pot of orange cement. Try it out in person first.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the best concealer I've found so far. I love the color range by this brand. I'm in porcelain peach right now, and it's the perfect shade for concealing my dark circles. I think it looks very natural and really makes me seem less tired and old. I don't have a problem with it looking cakey or settling into fine lines either.

on 3/30/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i have this in porcelain peach and it makes an excellent undereye concealer on its own. only problem is it's a bit thick so it's super prone to creasing in my genetic eye creases, even if i powder it. but if you don't have these lame genetic eye creases like i do, i bet it'd work awesome for you.

on 3/25/2015 3:46:00 PM

Right through my twenties, thirties and beyond I didn't need under eye concealer. Now I'm one of those ppl trying everything!
I'm nc25 with blue circles, very dark in the lower socket (imo).
I was matched to light peach, and it's a good match even though it looks v orange swatched, but I'm wondering whether to try a darker colour; maybe darkness is needed to cover darkness? The light peach does knock back the blueness but after blending the blue starts peeping through again.
I find the texture is quite firm but blendable, not cakey unless
I layer and layer, which I'm tempted to do as I need more cover.
I can see this working well for less severe circles and it's certainly more effective than other things I've tried but I still want more coverage!

on 3/21/2015 7:44:00 PM

I've been using this a lot lately at work, since Poecelain Bisque is a perfect match for my milky white skin. However, as much as I like how it looks initially, I always get dark mascara smears under my eye when I wear it, which doesn't happen with any of my other undereye concealers...still searching for the holy grail..I want to believe!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay what is all the hype about this product? Are people getting paid to say it's good?
To me this is the worst, most overprice, overhyped product I have ever tried.

I bought it maybe a year ago, and i cannot get it to work for me. I have tried everything: using a small amount, a big amount, under my concealer, under my foundation, on top, EVERYTHING. And I just find that it creases, and doesn't cover my dark circles at all: it almost makes them worse. i feel like it goes from my under eye circles being purple/blue to a dark grey colour? It's a very thick consistency, which blends really really well (which is my only plus).

All in all I would not recommend this, and I will definitely not repurchase.

Very good coverage and perfect for dark eye circles. I have very pale skin and the eye area is so thin that this corrector (being a contrasting warmer shade) perfectly masks that. Doesn't make your under-eye area crease as much as other, dryer concealers I've used before. The price is a bit expensive compared to cheaper brands, but you have a lot of product so the price is definitely worth it. Mine lasted just over a year, and that was with almost everyday use. Recommended!!! :)