November 28, 2014 | 1838 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Clementhyme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I generally like Bobbi Brown products, but having tried everything to correct my deep under eye creases BB's corrector in Bisque was nothing more than the same old scenario I've been running into for years with pretty much all correctors and concealers. I will say the peachy colour of BB's Bisque Corrector was a slight improvement, but only, and as long as I was excruciatingly precise with the application and then there was the battle with the creasing problem....at least it did whenever it had not already faded into the rest of my make-up leaving me with little to no correction action happening. I'm at the point where I just do not think there is a HG product out there that can truly correct and conceal without having unwanted side effects like creasing and accentuating fine lines. The worst part is that the older we get, the worse these problems become. So, in all fairness this product is slightly above average against many other high end correctors, but just barely. There are plenty of products out there far cheaper that can do what this one does. I mean honestly, why shell out all the $ for a BB product when there are multitudes of drugstore brands that give about the same results!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Creases under my eyes a lot worse than Pixi. Way more expensive. Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by salliezoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I've found for my dark circles to date...and I've tried a lot of them from the most expensive to the cheapest drugstore brands. I use the porcelain bisque which is pretty light for my skin color, but I have such dark circles lighter seems to work better for me. I may try the light peach next time since so many have said peach works best for blue circles. I use the corrector alone and a light foundation powder to set. For me the added layer of concealer is a bit too much for my mature skin as it emphasizes my wrinkles. It lasts about 4 hours before I need to refresh, but for me that's longer than most coverups last. Glad I tried this product. Finally something that works.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this was just 'ok' to me. the thick consistency caused it to crease horrendously. it didnt last long on top of all of it..

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by rkau5472

I had high hopes as I love that Bobbi Brown caters to a more diverse range of colours - unfortunately this just did not work for me. The parabens in this as well as the really creamy consistency not only made this hard to apply but made me break out on my eyes (fatty deposits that kind of look like sty's - I know that's what it was as my dermatologist noted it so). Won't be using this again and it's reinforced the need for me to use paraben free make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sunsetrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use shade Porcelain Bisque. This product works to cover my under-eye circles which are a slight purple tint underneath my fair skin. It also works to cover red acne spots. The product is very effective, and it doesn't take much, only a thin application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by asma1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bad under eye circles it seems to cover them real good. This is very creamy and won't set into my fine lines. Sometimes I use it solo and sometimes I used it with concealer and a powder. Great product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. Pretty sure my shade is Soft Bisque, but I can't say for sure as the label has worn off (have had it for ages and it's down to 90% pan). The texture is creamy without being greasy, and I don't have any issues with it creasing or getting cakey. Ideally, I like to use this to neutralize the blue-purple circles under my eyes and follow this up with a concealer that matches my skin tone, but in a pinch I can get away with using this solo too. It's pretty forgiving. The peachyness of it is perfect for avoiding that chalky too-light undereye thing that can happen when you try to conceal dark circles. My dark circles are BAD and this really works. Would repurchase for sure though I wish it were a little cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by missericacourt

I love this product. I discover the magic of colour correcting with it and now I can't go back. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

This product it concentrated, so you don't need much. Because it's a cream rather than a liquid, if you use too much, it will end up cakey. I just take a clean finger and tap a little bit underneath my eyes, going a bit into the inner corner and going down my cheek slightly. I keep building light thin layers over the dark areas (2-3) until I'm happy. Then I put foundation on and over the corrector and the pink/peach tones are covered. If I still need some cover, I'll put a concealer over the circles, but I hardly ever need to do this. I think a liquid concealer is best to avoid cakey-ness, but you can tap a little of the BB concealer and set it with the powder for hold.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One in a long line of dark-circle covering failures for me.

It works ok at what itís supposed to do, counteracting the bluey-purpleness of my dark circles, but itís really hard to get it on without it going cakey or flakey (the flakey thing I find particularly odd as Iíve never experienced it with an undereye product before and my eyes are not flakey). Even if I do manage this (with the help of ten tonnes of primer) and get it looking ok, it seems to make whatever I put on top of it go cakey and makes creasing much worse. This happens even if applied very sparingly.

Iíve tried it with the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation, the Mac Studio Finish concealer, Bareminerals matte foundation, and Bareminerals Well Rested concealer (which is far too yellow for meÖ but thatís another story) and had the same problem in every case. Iím keeping hold of it incase I find a way of using it, but itís certainly not been into my daily routine. I actually prefer using NYX Jumbo Eye pencil in Milk as a corrector in place of this one.