April 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in Porcelain Bisque, with Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer over it and some LM Secret Brightening Powder to set, and my, that's a good combination!

The corrector just neutralises the darkness of the shadows under my eyes a bit, you only need a tiny dab and then I feel it just lets the concealer do its job, and also provides a bit of layering so there's less fading through the day.

I would say that I think the colour isn't the absolute best at neutralising very dark shadows, I think I need something with a bit more peach but it's hard to get the balance and this works well and isn't drying or cakey. A useful workhorse product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC35, just for reference, and I have this corrector in Dark Peach, as my under-eye circles are quite dark, a problem I never used to have. (Yay me.)

Pro's:
- Packaging is very sleek, as most Bobbi Brown packaging is. Comes with a little mirror that is pretty handy.
- Covers under-eye circles pretty effectively. (I use in a dabbing motion, dabbing conceals imperfections more than sweeping, and sweeping will make your under-eye circles worse, just saying.)
- Works just as well if you use your fingers applying this, opposed to a brush. (Although, I prefer to use a brush, because I am a clean freak. However, sadly, I have had to use my fingers before when I forgot my brushes and it works.)

Cons:
- I have to use quite a bit of product to cover up my circles. Yet, there is a slight part that it still doesn't cover up, however this doesn't particularly bother me, as it's probably about 5% of my circles that it doesn't cover, opposed to the 95% that it does cover.
- I find it to be just a little bit too heavy for my liking, especially paired with Bobbi brown's creamy concealer. Not my ideal for an every day look, however when on a night out then it's pretty cool. :)
- I also find it to be slightly drying, but, again, I'm now using a good under-eye primer which stops the dryness.

Overall, I like this product, a lot. Because I don't use it often it's going to last me a while, so I'm happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by suneclipse121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I have worn the Bobbi Brown Corrector for 10 hours plus and so far I have mixed feelings. When I first I applied it I warmed up the product with my fingers because it is a bit thick and creamy. I applied a light layer under my eyes because I didnt want it to cake up, at this point the corrector has done a good enough job with covering my circles. After the corrector I apply my concealer (Maybelline Dream Lumi) and it highlights and gives a bit more covarage under my eyes and I set it all with banana powder. At this point my under eyes look flawless and the effect lasts for a few hours.The reason why I have mixed feelings is because my under eyes go from looking flawless to looking dried and cakey by the end of the day. Now I regularly just wear my dream lumi on a regular basis and it does crease slightly but with BB corrector it gets really bad. Every line is noticable and all the concealer looks cracked and creased. I like how it covers my circles and the initial effect is nice but for the $25 dollars I paid I expected better MUCH better. I might try it one more time and maybe apply it diffrently and see what happens but if it dosent change then I will return it back to Sephora. I think I will try NARS radiant creamy concealer that was another option I was consedering while I was in the store and I kinda wish I went with that.

If you're wondering I am an NC30 and I bought the shade Peach.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Deejxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dark circles so I purchased Bobbi browns corrector to apply around my eyes to cover my dark circles and to brighten my eye area. I loveeed this product the first week of trying it. It covered my circles and wasn't too thick. However, after a week of using this product, my eye bags had gotten even worse!! The Bobbi brown concealer was the ONLY new product I had introduced into my beauty regime, and I know for a fact that it was the culprit in darkening my eye circles. I stopped using it, and my eye circles lightened up a bit

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mommy2lj

Great product... a little dry so you must keep under eye area hydrated. Works very well with Bobbi's concealer, although I have used with other brands and it was ok.

I layer- foundation primer, corrector, foundation and then see if I need concealer. Its a great process that I have been doing for years and it works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over the past seven months or so, I've been needing an under eye corrector. I tried a couple different brands, but they didn't have one light enough for my skin. I use BB Porcelain concealer, and purchased the corrector in Porcelain Bisque. Yes it's a little creamy, and it can crease, but it's great for my dry under eyes, and covers really well. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dark circles is always the issue for me (late night study/work, hereditary etc).
I use this a tiny bit under my eyes before concealer and it works wonders! I find that its creamy texture blends smoothly with fingers rather than a brush. I had the BB MUA match it up for me because the colour are bit tricky. Just remember to apply a good eye cream before application. Would repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by dodo4

I have quite a problem with my dark circles and the only way to conceal them, without making them look grey, is to use a corrector before using the concealer. This one is a great product for that! Only a little goes a long way and it absolutely does the job. It's a bit pricey but it lasts for a long time!Definitely would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cherie2378

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color corrector is AWESOME! Like I've mentioned in my other reviews its all about application. I purchased this corrector in deep peach and coupled it with my Laura Mercier concealer and was more than pleased with the results....then I brushed my setting powder over my eye area and BAM!!!! Omg, I'm a customer for life! Ladies, if you're not pleased with the first (or few) applications please check out some YouTube clips to learn other ways to apply because its most likely that you're applying the product in a way that's not best suited for your skin type/tone/texture etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

USA $24. Australia $40. Out of principal I shouldn't have bought this product as I'm getting pretty sick of paying so much for beauty products. ($40 for 1.4gm of product!? ) but my under eye darkness is beyond a joke and I am going to try this out. First impression? The mua sold me a much darker shade than I thought I would need. It's darker than the erase paste I'm used to. I really hope this will make a difference.