October 25, 2014 | 1893 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

This is my new HG concealer for my dark circles! It works well with BB's corrector. My dark circles were concealed well and my eyes looked brighter and less tired. I've tried using the corrector on it's own and it's good enough to use without a concealer as it does a great job counteracting my dark purpleish brown circles. The MUA colour matched me "peach" as my correcter (which helped brighten and blended well with my skintone) and "honey" as my concealer. It feels creamy, moisturising and lightweight. I set it with either MAC prep + prime transparent finishing powder or Ben Nye bella luxury "banana" powder. I like how it looks before I set my makeup but because I have oily skin and the creamy consistency of the concealer I do need to powder to prevent creasing. I would definitely buy this again despite the price tag - it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I was lucky enough to buy this concealer in Ivory in a discounted designer cometic outlet for $15. i really like this concealer for my under eye area, not so much for covering redness and blemishes. it comes in a tiny pot, but its lasted me over a year.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by katiesham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I wanted to like this concealer. I'd heard SO many fantastic things about it, but this is clearly not the concealer for me.

I find it odd that people say it's drying, because I honestly thought the exact opposite. I feel like it never fully blended into my skin, regardless of how long I worked with it. It has decent coverage, but the fact that I couldn't blend it and the fact that it creased within 15 minutes of wear means I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

I like the coloring on this better than my usual mac nw45 studiofix concealer. I use this in Chestnut. However, the staying power is not as great. Or maybe I am just used to the stage makeup look? Anyway, I'll repurchase. It's good enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by islareina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must agree with the previous reviewer. When I put this concealer under my eyes, I see tiny bumps and fine lines I never knew existed! I also purchased the concealer brush but I must be putting it on incorrectly since this product is so loved. I'll watch a few videos on application and update later. But for now, a bad review for revealing instead of concealing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Stephny691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really dislike this stuff. I'm giving it a two because it does cover well, it's highly pigmented. But I kind of hate it actually.

It's so drying on my under eyes and sinks into every little line (that aren't there until I put on this concealer), it goes patchy and streaky and just looks a hot mess no matter how I apply it.
There's no staying power, even with the setting powder that comes with (that I personally find useless).

I cannot get on board with this. A lot of people rave about Collection 2000 concealer, and while it's good, it has the same problems, for me, that the BB concealer does; the Collection 2000 is only 4. The BB is 24. The price hike for not much better quality is not worth it in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer is for under eyes only. It's formulated a shade lighter than your foundation to brighten and match your skin. Use it on top of the Corrector, and then set with the pale yellow powder (which you can buy with the concealer, or without).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Pink02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great concealer. I have pale skin and dark circles under my eyes; this concealer helps hide those. This is also great to cover small scars/ marks on your face. I would recommend moisturising around your eyes before applying concealer to avoid any creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ranneqian

I have been using this concealer for my under-eye area for years and it does a good job of covering my dark eye circles. I always prep the under-eye area with an eye cream first (either Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream or Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Cream or Clarins Beauty Flash Balm Eye Gel) and only apply the concealer after the eye cream is fully absorbed. This helps to prevent creasing and settling into the fine lines. Touch ups are required especially in the humid weather (I use Bobbi Brown's Face Touch Up Stick). Would give it 5 lippies if the concealer lasted a little longer. The range of shades available is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love! I have found my DH... I mean my HG concealer! I hope our relationship will last though! :S

I got this today in the shade 'Almond', with NO help from any BB MUAs- they were all away on holidays, apparently! For reference, I am between NC45 and NC50 in MAC foundation shades. I didn't want to get both a corrector and a concealer, so I put this under my left eye and the corrector in Deep Bisque under my right eye. I like both, but I think the concealer brightened my eyes more and hid my dark circles better, so I ended up buying it! I still think creamy face make up is kind of tricky to work with, and I ALWAYS (because of my clumsiness), keep denting the product by accident! I think those in the makeup think tank committee should come up with a better solution for packaging creamy make up! Or perhaps, I should stop being such a klutz! I love the little mirror, though, and it's not hard to open, so I'm giving the packaging quality a 3.

I applied a TINY bit of this in the department store myself at about 9am, and came home at 5pm to find... no creasing at all! It looks almost better than when I first applied it: it's really nice, fresh, and matte- no oily looking shiny cakey-ness like with MAC! A reviewer who reviewed the Bobbi Corrector in Deep Bisque said that finishing it off with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (in 02 for us deeper ladies) made a big difference to the look, and I wholeheartedly agree! It's such a beautiful look- everyone should try this! Thankfully, I also bought the brightening powder a week ago from strawberrynet, so I'm all set! : )
I think the best thing about this product is that you only need a little of it to make a sizeable difference to how you look. I struggled and struggled with MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW40 to cover the hyperpigmentation around my mouth and under my eyes, to no avail. I totally shouldn't have bought it. I pretty much touched my E.L.F concealer brush to the BB creamy pot, dabbed it on, and hyperpigmentation gone bye-bye! It's amazing.
The only 'whinges' I have are the price (AUD $46 for such a small amount of product) and the difficulty we Brisbanites have in being able to access an adequate number of stockists out here. We can still buy them online, but it's so important to try them out first!
Not sure if I'd buy it again (because of the price and also because they keep coming up with better products progressively), but for now, I would say 'yes'.