December 21, 2014 | 1832 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Brush - short handle

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush (normal length) from Nordstrom, so assume that it is genuine. It is a good brush, but I don't think it is any better than the other foundation brushes I have purchased over the years (for example MAC, Prescriptives, Lancome). They all seem to be the same, except for the handle, although the BB one is dark brown, not two tone like the others.
It is indeed soft, but by the time you finish applying your foundation, it does cluster, so you have to clean it every single time, which is annoying, especially when you are in a hurry. Nowadays you can buy more or less the same brush from any drugstore for a lot less. At $35+tax it is overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this brush daily to put on my moisturiser and then follow up with putting on my foundation. I find it very pleasant and easy to use (I have the longer handled one, which is only a couple inches longer, so not hugely long) and it makes quick non streaky work of my tinted moisturiser and bourjois bio detox foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic foundation brush. The bristles are soft, and I like that it's sort of cut smaller and flatter than a lot of foundation brushes, so I get more control when applying my liquid foundation. It gets into those nose corners really well. It's very well made. I really enjoy using this to put on my liquid foundation. If it broke (which I don't think it will), I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favourite foundatio brush! I have the long handled one was well but I adore this short handle just because it's so easy to use with my small hands.

I bought this off of a recommended buyer on ebay as part of a mini travel set and it's fabulous!!!!

It does not shed when you wash it and it is very easy to wash. I like to tap the brush to even out my foundation if it looks streaky.

Overall, it fits into my hands so well and it's such a great travel brush as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Rajkumari12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought the Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush (the long handle) last night. I dont know where they have the short handle but it doesnt make a difference either way. I used this brush for the first time this morning with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (in Tawny) and let me say that this brush did wonders! I was using my fingers until now. Using a foundation brush is so much better!!!! I got Bobbi Brown one especially because I read all the wonderful reviews on here and also a friend told me it's better than the Lancome Foundation Brush which had also gotten good reviews on this site. I love this brush. It is sooo soft and provides flawless coverage! Not only that, it made my face smoother and softer and it made my pores a LOT less visible. I have a poreless flawless face thanks to this brush. Before when I was using fingers (i used fingers to apply Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay), my face always looked uneven and greasy and also pores were so visible. Using this brush, my face looks and feels amazing and i feel like I have no makeup on and saying that after wearing double wear says a lot about this brush! haha. It's ridiculously expensive but worth it in my opinion. The bristles are amazingly soft. So if you want your face to appear poreless and flawless and even after using liquid foundation, go get this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush is incredibly soft, and my foundation applies nearly streak-free. Dare I say it's even a DELIGHT to use? The handle is streamlined and comfortable to hold (which was actually noticeable to me), and it washes clean without trouble.

If you're thinking about spending the money on a quality foundation brush, this one is definitely worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this brush! I use this for liquid foundations and it allows for excellent application. It stands up to daily use and cleaning. Yes I would buy this product again, but it's pretty indestructable---I probably won't need to!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by mangoekiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First off, I bought this brush from ebay. I'm not sure if it is truly genuine but it is extremely similar to the one I saw at the Bobbi Brown counter.

This is the first flat foundation brush I have ever bought. The bristles are soft and help me to apply an even layer of foundation on my face. I'm impressed. Application takes a shorter time than with my fingers. However, the coverage it gives me is not as good as what my ELF studio powder brush gives. I like that the brush is tapered and small enough for me to reach the sides of my nose and my eye area.

I noticed that there were a few streaks when I applied foundation with this brush, although they were easily resolved when I patted them over with the brush. However, at the end of the application, the bristles separated into clusters, so I am doubtful as to whether it can give me an even application the next time I use it without washing. Given the exorbitant retail price, I expected a lot better. While this brush is good, I don't think I will buy it again. I will probably be trying out other foundation brushes such as those from Essence of Beauty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Believe the hype surrounding this brush! It applies my foundation FLAWLESSLY! I thought I had given up hope on my Diorskin Forever foundation, but this brush miraculously gave me a natural finish on my face. I'm truly in heaven with this. $35 well spent. This brush also makes it possible to layer foundation. I can't say enough good things about it!! It also washes easily with my MAC brush cleaner. If I could have only one makeup brush in my collection this would be it! HG status right here.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by karamino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Half brush half dream...This is the sooooftest brush my skin has ever tried!!! I own the Mac 190 and there´s no comparison, this is much lighter and nicer the purest softeness made true. If you like this type of brush then you should try this.