Maybelline Expert Wear - Browntones

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this eyeshadow for about two weeks and I didn't like it that much. The colors were an ugly brown, not a nice brown and I prefer shimmery eyeshadows over matte ones like this one. Also, the eyeshadow creases throughout the day and you need to keep reapplying it, which is annoying. The worst part of all is that this costs $6 at CVS, which is expensive for a drugstore eyeshadow duo. The only things I really liked about this eyeshadow were the texture and the applicator it came with. I have found something better, so I would not repurchase this.

on 8/27/2010 12:06:00 PM

I have heard good things about Maybelline eyeshadows. I was sorely disappointed with this. The light brown color barely shows up, while the darker brown has low color pay off and it's hard to blend. Maybelline is not a brand I usually gravitate towards, and this just proves my instinct right.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I hate to see all the bad reviews for this duo.Maybe sense Maybelline re-did their look the formula is better?This is the perfect pair of brown shades for a easy natural eye.I'm quite pale and the lightest color is just a step up darker from my skin tone.The darker shade goes on lighter than what it looks in the packages,but is perfect for the crease.They blend nicely.Both shades have tiny specks of glitter in them,but it's so subtle that you can't really tell that it's glitter,looks more like shimmer once applied.

on 12/22/2009 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this everyday,. For my daily natural makeup looks I use the light color in my crease over champagne fizz and for more dramatic looks i use the darker one in the outer corner. I also use the light color for eyebrows and blending.

on 11/17/2009 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

i bought this for some subtle contouring and blending out smokey eyes. I use the darker one for everyday use and subtle contour in my crease and i love that these shadows are matte. Not the most pigmented shadows, but what you pay is what you get for. i use the lighter color to blend out eyeshadows or use it as an all over base for eyeshadow. Overall i'm satisfied with this duo, i just wish the packaging wasnt so cheap

on 8/20/2009 10:46:00 AM

I wear this eyeshadow almost everyday. It's nearly impossible to find brown eyeshadow without shimmer! This is a very basic light brown/medium brown palette. I love that you can build other colors on top of it to create a new look. Great purchase, great value.

on 5/22/2009 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I picked this up only to use as a brow filler...and i am sooo glad I did! PERFECT color...the brow colors they have available are very dark for me...I have very thin, not dark, eyebrows, and a little blend of these two and its perfect! i was slightly worried because there is a smidge of sparkle in the darker of the two shades, but nothing you can notice on. Great, cheap brow option for me! For reference, I am an NC35, olive skin, dark brown hair, light brown brows.

on 4/18/2009 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Average shadows for everyday use, nothing special!

on 4/18/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This comes as a pack of two colors, a light brown n a dark brown.
I purchased this because i wanted something for my everyday use,
but this product just didnt match my expectations.

Though i m very fond of other maybelline products i just didnt like this one.

First of all both the shades are so less pigmented that they are hardly visible on my skin, second of all the colors dont last even for an hour.

i can give a tip to all the ladies neway who are not happy with the pigmentation.
try dipping your brush in water, then take the shade you want on the brush n then apply it.
It might help

on 12/21/2007 3:47:00 PM

A light brown color and a dark brown color that really don't have much pigment to them at all. I like how they are matte, but they just don't stay on that long, plus the lighter brown barely shows up. Would not repurchase.