October 25, 2014 | 996 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear - Browntones

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by momolhasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have heard good things about Maybelline eyeshadows. I was sorely disappointed with this. The light brown color barely shows up, while the darker brown has low color pay off and it's hard to blend. Maybelline is not a brand I usually gravitate towards, and this just proves my instinct right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to see all the bad reviews for this duo.Maybe sense Maybelline re-did their look the formula is better?This is the perfect pair of brown shades for a easy natural eye.I'm quite pale and the lightest color is just a step up darker from my skin tone.The darker shade goes on lighter than what it looks in the packages,but is perfect for the crease.They blend nicely.Both shades have tiny specks of glitter in them,but it's so subtle that you can't really tell that it's glitter,looks more like shimmer once applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kandie128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday,. For my daily natural makeup looks I use the light color in my crease over champagne fizz and for more dramatic looks i use the darker one in the outer corner. I also use the light color for eyebrows and blending.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by KAIMILK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this for some subtle contouring and blending out smokey eyes. I use the darker one for everyday use and subtle contour in my crease and i love that these shadows are matte. Not the most pigmented shadows, but what you pay is what you get for. i use the lighter color to blend out eyeshadows or use it as an all over base for eyeshadow. Overall i'm satisfied with this duo, i just wish the packaging wasnt so cheap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear this eyeshadow almost everyday. It's nearly impossible to find brown eyeshadow without shimmer! This is a very basic light brown/medium brown palette. I love that you can build other colors on top of it to create a new look. Great purchase, great value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Maria25

I picked this up only to use as a brow filler...and i am sooo glad I did! PERFECT color...the brow colors they have available are very dark for me...I have very thin, not dark, eyebrows, and a little blend of these two and its perfect! i was slightly worried because there is a smidge of sparkle in the darker of the two shades, but nothing you can notice on. Great, cheap brow option for me! For reference, I am an NC35, olive skin, dark brown hair, light brown brows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Average shadows for everyday use, nothing special!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by merocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This comes as a pack of two colors, a light brown n a dark brown.
I purchased this because i wanted something for my everyday use,
but this product just didnt match my expectations.

Though i m very fond of other maybelline products i just didnt like this one.

First of all both the shades are so less pigmented that they are hardly visible on my skin, second of all the colors dont last even for an hour.

i can give a tip to all the ladies neway who are not happy with the pigmentation.
try dipping your brush in water, then take the shade you want on the brush n then apply it.
It might help

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ckramer

A light brown color and a dark brown color that really don't have much pigment to them at all. I like how they are matte, but they just don't stay on that long, plus the lighter brown barely shows up. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by emiliefair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was ok shadow, it blended well and the colors were very natural but it did NOT last all day or even close. My skin is somewhat oily and this stuff just melted into my eye crease in an hour. I think there are much better long-lasting eye products out there and while this is inexpensive it doesn't do what it claims so why spend any money on it?