August 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Fragrances - Mary Kay - Velocity

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I forgot all about having this perfume as a teen and loving it. I recently got a sample of this scent again and I still really like it! It is indeed very young, light, and fresh. Very pleasant and not too overpowering. Great for the springtime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by addysmom

I love this scent. I am over 35 and I still love this scent. I don't think it is a young scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by elaine87mg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this stuff! but i wouldnt recommend it for anyone older (older than 25 or 30) it seems more of a younger scent to me (no offense ladies)
but i definitely LOVEEE this smell! good price compared to other perfumes. try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jdianne86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this perfume! I bought two bottles off Ebay for a great deal. It DOES smell similar to Clinique's Happy, but the dry-down is a little different. I first discovered Velocity when my friend gave me her little dual-ended perfume/lipgloss tube. I accidentally rolled the Velocity perfume part on my lips thinking it was a clear lip gloss and almost vomited! Hehe... I was a lot younger though and just starting to get into make-up. I then discovered how much I loved the scent of this perfume and thought of how I wanted a big bottle for myself, so I bought two of these. I would probably not repurchase b/c I'll never run out. I change perfumes so much, so it'll take me well over a year before I finish just one bottle. Recommended though if you like anything floral/similar to Clinique's Happy! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do you like Clinique Happy? Then you will like Velocity. They are very very similar (most people can't tell them apart, when you are wearing them). And Velocity is a few dollars cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells exactly like Clinique Happy body lotion when you first spray it, then once it dries down it does smell slightly different. I like this, it is a lighter fruity floral. I bought this and the matching lotion off of Ebay for less than 10 dollars, so I will use it but don't think I would repurchse becauae I like Journey and Belara better. Plus there are a ton of new fragrances to try out. But still I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by asw123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice scent, but for some reason I find I never wear it much. The bottle is kind of weird, but it's a nice fruity floral.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by BooBear47

I love this fragrance, very feminine! I always get compliments on it, bottle is a bit weird, but since it smells so good I don't mind!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Velocity quite a bit, I just wish it was a little more girly. To be fair though, I require all of my perfumes to be unabashedly feminine, which I would say Velocity most certainly is. As far as fruity/florals go, itís unique, it's not your typical fruity floral...not entirely memorable, but not completely forgettable either. I get lots of ďI love your perfume!Ē when I wear it, everyone always seems surprised when I tell them itís Mary Kay. Itís a good casual, fun, citrus floral. Sure itís a geared toward a younger crowd but women of all ages can wear it...pinning a fragrance to an age group is off putting. My favorite citrus/floral of all time was Victoriaís Secret Secret Crush from their garden line...but of course it has been discontinued, so Iíve been looking for a replacement for some time. My replacement is Velocity. I remember smelling this some years ago on a family friend and liking it so much, I asked her what it was and have been buying it ever since.

I find Velocity is more citrus than floral on me, a zesty, alive and fresh fragrance rather than sweet. Most would find the scent appealing and non-offensive. This may sound strange, but despite all the fresh, energizing scents I get from Velocity, thereís also a faint base of soft, clean musk, which is probably what draws me to this perfume. Mary Kay includes banana flower as a top note in the description of the perfume which is surprisingly quite pleasant and sweet, I smell this as I wear the perfume throughout the day. The 4 scents I really get from this are the banana flower which is slightly overwhelmed by grapefruit imo, then orange (I suppose itís the clementine that MK mentions in the fragrance description) and the soft, clean musk I mentioned as a base.

The overall scent doesnít seem to change much except softening and warming just a little bit throughout the day. The notes are very consistent, which I like. Lasting power isnít phenomenal, but no citrus scents are, it's just the nature of the beast. I like to retouch at lunch but can make it to the end of the day if I need to, the musky base note carries it. My favorite thing about this is a quick spritz at the end of the work day, such a pick-me-up! Velocity isnít an all year around scent for me, I wear it in the warm months when Iím outside in the sun, or if I just need a pick-me-up. Not HG material (I only have one perfume I consider HG), but it is a staple. I took off half a lipstick for it not being ďgirlyĒ/sweet enough to be HG and half for lasting power.

Packaging is interesting. The bottle of course is stored upside down on itís orange translucent cap, while the top has an iridescent finish. 1.7 fl oz for $28 usd is a pretty good price which Iím willing to pay again and again.

Will repurchase!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by swedishmilk

I also got this scent in a lipgloss duo. I don't wear it a lot but love it when I do. A little sporty, but fresh and floral-y at the same time. I'd buy it if I had the money. I know the full-size bottle doesn't come in the prettiest of packaging, but the bottle isn't as important as the smell, I guess.