September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by yinglinBCN

I have combination skin which means my forehead and cheeks are very very dry and my nose, upper lip and chin are acne prone and they break out easily. I decided to try this cream so i got a sample in Sephora and it didn't moisturize the dry areas of my skin, it only gave them more oil and my t-zone had even more break outs than usual. I am pretty fed-up trying to find the suitable cream for me. I'm thinking to try Shiseido Pureness matifying oil-free lotion. I feel more comfortable with lotion and gel-cream since they make my skin feel more fresh and less oily or maybe I should buy two different creams for my dry and oily areas. Definetely I will not purchase this cream since it didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Redsilas77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've come back to this product after a year, because this is my fall/winter moisturizer. I get really bad dry patches of skin when the heat is on in buildings and the house. Dear John was recommended to me to counteract the dry patches.

It is quite a thick cream, but a little bit goes a long way. I usually reserve this cream as a night cream and use all over my face and neck before bedtime so the dry areas heal a little bit and I wake up with a smooth face.

I understand its not for everyone, but if you have eczema or dry skin, this really helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a VERY good moisturising cream. I have a normal skin with a DRY tendancy and this is the only cream that I have ever really liked (and I did try some more and less expensive ones). It does leave my skin smooth and hydrated. And it is not very expensive. BUT my sister has sensitive skin with a tendancy to breakout and she didn't like it, too heavy for her. Hey, there is a cream for everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this thinking it would be very moisturizing for my very dry skin. I put it on before bed & within about 30 minutes, my skin felt dry under the cream...almost like it didn't even absorb into my skin. It felt tight. Really tight. My skin was almost painfully dry by the next morning. Weird! I'll be returning this the first chance I get. Ugh!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 7:58:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This doesn't seem to have any special ingredients in it yet it hydrates and soothes my rosacea and makes my skin look great.

I guess all I need to keep my rosacea in check is a basic, do nothing moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skiin. I'm on my second jar and will keep using it for the foreseeable future.

Minus one lipstick for being in a heavy glass jar. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A basic moisturiser for normal to dry skin that smells nice, feels nice and pretty much does nothing. It doesn't really have any specific properties and is pretty basic for the price. I didn't notice any change in my skin what-so-ever but that might be just what some people want. So I would recommend this moisturiser for someone with normal to dry skin that wants a very basic moisturiser that feels nice on the skin and smells nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by margiemay80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 29 and just now starting to think about creams and moisturizers for my face. I bought this last weekend and over the last four days have experience positive results.

The scent is mild, the cream is rich and luxurious without feeling oily . . . although I agree with others who commented that it is too heavy for a day cream.

I've been putting this on my face and neck at night after I shower and before I go to bed. I feel like it has brightened and moisturized my face noticably.

Packaging is cute, mildly expensive . . . overally, I'll likely try again although since I'm new to creams and I may try my hand at other products when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by krollbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a whiiiile ago...in December. I bought it because my skin became dry and patchy all of a sudden...something that has never happened...but I'm getting older so I have seen some changes in my skin. Anyway, because of its thick consistency I decided to only use it as a night cream. Well I did and as soon as I applied it I had a nice dewy glow on my skin...something that no cream has EVER done...and I was still like that in the morning! I really love this cream and its packaging. I will definitely repurchase...even though it's pricey...but it lasts a long time...oh yeah did I mention my boyfriend uses this too...of course he doesn't like to say so because he's so manly...please brother. I would say if you want to try it out do so in the winter time and summer time use only as a night cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by meghan1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok so I have been on a Benfit kick lately - I got this because I was genuinely looking for a moisturiser and I mostly use it as a night cream beacuse it's a little heavy as a day cream for me. I love the way it makes my face feel in the morning it really plumps it up and softens it... this is my HG night cream! Although the pot does kind of annoy me i just get like a q tip and get the amount i need out problem solved!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by matronly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I have rather dry skin. Not dry enough for flaking or patches but dry enough that my skin feels tight after daily cleansing. I have been searching forever for a moisturizer that would leave my skin looking dewy and healthy, and this is it! It is rather heavy, so I put it on just before I go to bed and after I wash my face. I always wake up with glowing skin! I only try to use this at night so that it lasts a lot longer and I just use a lighter (and cheaper) moisturizer during the day, one that has spf. Dear John is kind of pricey, but the way it makes my skin look, so supple & smooth, it is definitely worth every penny.