September 18, 2014 | 920 users online

Clothes - H & M - H&M Clothing (General)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I look through my closet, I see more H&M than any other brand. I can't help but stop into the store often and check for sales. It can be great for basic items. I got a little black dress for $10, chinos for $5, a sweater for $7, etc., and they are all the same quality as mid-range stores. Any time I want a basic item, I check H&M first. Why pay more when you don't have to? When you walk into the store, you get a general feeling that the stuff is cheaply made - and a lot of it is - but there are a few things worth buying there. I've had 2 items wear out within a year or so and that was a t-shirt and a cartigan and I think they both had high elastic content. H&M can be great for sale items and cute basics.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by goody2shoes3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

H & M is the worst store ever. Their online is extremely limited-- no delivery choices, their sizes are limited, no variety and the clothes/inventory online is different than the store inventory. You cannot return online buys at a store. The clothes in the store look and feel, well--CHEAP. Maybe it's a good thing thier sizes and colors were so limited. I have never had such a terrible buying experience and will never again use this store. Will stick to those I know and love even if I have to pay a liilte more.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by byuri

First off, I came here just to write a review not on a particular location but the company as a whole as I have experienced it. The sizes are inconsistent, which means you probably should try on a piece of clothing unless you're sure that you're visually sizing it to your body properly. Sizing also in general tends to run small. My experience shopping online: 2 different pairs of pants, same size (25); one fits but if I gained more than a pound or 2 it probably wouldn't; the other I couldn't even get to zip up and needed at least one size up. To return an item, you have to pay for shipping.

In terms of quality: I've found that some of the clothes stretch out in terms of fabric, but I'm not the best at following strict directions. Cold or warm water, throw it in the dryer (at whatever temperature that I deem the clothes will most hold up in). A lot of the jewelry is trinkety and will not hold up to the test of time if there is glue involved in my experience.

For the most part, lingerie is of average quality, socks are average but cute designs. Lace is pretty, but as is often the case, does not hold up well. However, they often if not always have deals on socks and underwear. I don't particularly like like loud or busy prints for the most part, but there is still a selection that caters to my taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by neha84jain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst online shopping experience ever. They do not accept exchanges in the store and for all online returns they charge a fee which has not been clearly mentioned anywhere except in small points in the terms and conditions. During thanksgiving I ordered a lot of stuff online, one top out of those initially showed shipped but never arrived. When I went back online to check again the order no longer featured in my orders...WEIRD...Later when I returned a top from amongst the ones that did come I receive one mail confirming the return one day and another mail for placing an order of the same top. DUDE I just returned this item and did not even place the new order. REALLY CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by justshairag

I don't know why people's reviews says clothes here are so cheap, it's so expensive for me =.= U guys might be rich... :/ I only bought one thing coz the top is just on final sale.. But i still don't get why people think the prices are so cheap >.<

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Always love !!!! Cheap & yet classy always will be my favorite store

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I go back and forth with H&M. I don't have a store locally, so I am always excited to get to shop there when I go to Monterey or San Francisco. However, my anticipation is usually met with disappointment in the end. I've had some really great purchases there - a few bras, a black trench, jewelry - that I love and are staples for me. The prices are great, along the lines of Forever 21, but the clothing is higher quality and more mature in general than F21. However, the sizing is always sort of off for me. I am somewhere between a size 4 and a size 6 generally in junior's and most things don't fit me there in a flattering way. I swim in medium sized dresses or shirts but the smalls seem a little too small for my taste, because I don't like to wear things tight, but rather more figure skimming. I can never find pants in my size, either, I feel like the waistbands/rise are always so high. I've got one really cute dress from there but otherwise I rarely find actual clothing that fits properly and looks good on. I feel like the way things are put/sewn together is sort of haphazard and accounts for the poor fit; maybe it has to be that way because it's so inexpensive. So much of their clothing is just...shapeless. I still usually find it worth going in when I'm near a store but I don't expect to walk out with a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I prefer H&M to F21 by far for trendy clothes that don't break a budget. H&M is just better quality and have better sizing and selections. I love their winter coats and summer tops and bikinis. I'm so glad one opened in the mall close to my house.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love H&M, especially their trend line, if you see a white-silverish tag on the clothing you know it is from TREND. The trend line is only available in bigger cities, but the quality is NOTICEABLY better, but more expensive, but will last you a while! The trend line from H&M is the same quality as other shopping mall stores (Guess, Express, Zara) but about 15% cheaper!!! That's what I found out!

I don't really care much for divided, or the other lines as the quality is poor (only slightly better than F21).

I love H&M.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think H&M has a variety of items for a variety of people. What some reviewers are saying that each H&M is different and unique to their own locale is probably true. Every department store has buyers that purchase merchandise that they think will sell in their own local market. So it only makes sense that each H&M will follow the same marketing strategy.
With that in mind, it's unfortunate that H&M doesn't follow strict policies for their standards. In America, we don't have the luxury of shopping from their catalogs, and can only shop from their stores. The one store that is near me stocks decent merchandise and it basically flies out the door. What is good to stock up on are the tank tops in colors. I've had quite a few of them that I wear constantly, wash constantly and they've held their shape and color. I also own a few pairs of their jeans and they've also held up excellently. I've purchased a few of their unique type blazers/blouses/hats and also been happy with them. I guess my H&M is a good one. Like I said, if you like it, you'd better buy it, 'cos it won't be there next time you go in. I'm just waiting to see what happens if they ever go online here.